Hurley zoom call | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hurley zoom call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Damn what the team went to a covid party ? They are obviously not taking proper care of themselves .
Based on timing I think the "party" was the Marquette game. What is odd is that only one player from Marquette has reported as positive and didn't play in the game against us.

Reaction Score
Wow. I love UConn, but I am so grateful I finished my 4 years before all of this madness unfolded. My younger brother (currently a senior) is at Clemson, his schooling was only impacted by this plague in the spring of 2020. Current students have been absolutely shafted.
The Governor just stated in a news conference that all public schools are open and in person. If k-12 kids are in school- why isn't the State University open???

Reaction Score
If you have been out around people in the last month you have been exposed to covid. You either got it, got lucky, or the vaccine protected you and/or you didn’t know you had it. If you are vaccinated, in most cases it’s a cold now. It shouldn’t be treated the same as it was in 2020 when slowing the spread to protect the vulnerable was the right thing to do.

Reaction Score
We have been through this before, gotta find a way.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
How did you reach that conclusion?

Not to get this thread killed, but I really don't think some people quite get how contagious this is now. Think Measles. There isn't much anybody can do about it, no need for any behavior shaming for the team or anybody else.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
L
Not to get this thread killed, but I really don't think some people quite get how contagious this is now. Think Measles. There isn't much anybody can do about it, no need for any behavior shaming for the team or anybody else.
yes but the doctors have said it’s not bad and can be treated at home. It goes away very quickly

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I am sorry to hear about everyone getting sick. These are kids and families that work in profession where it is nearly impossible to avoid the slight contact that the omicron variant seems to need. Thank goodness for vaccination and what seems to be less virulence to go along with that high transmissibility. Happy New Year all and stay safe
I am related to several people who live all over the USA who have or had Omicron Spreads like wildfire. I learned today of a friend whose 2 year old has it. That's really scary.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Yeah, I have yet to test positive and haven’t been sick since early January 2020 [knocking on wood], but at this point I believe that I either had it then, have had it since or that there is something about my constitution that prevents me from getting it. Still, I expect that I will get Omicron or that I already have. I’ve been mindful but not vigilant, but I don’t think either is going to cut it for this variant.

Like everyone else, I am just hopeful that this is beginning of the end.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yeah, I have yet to test positive and haven’t been sick since early January 2020 [knocking on wood], but at this point I believe that I either had it then, have had it since or that there is something about my constitution that prevents me from getting it. Still, I expect that I will get Omicron or that I already have. I’ve been mindful but not vigilant, but I don’t think either is going to cut it for this variant.

Like everyone else, I am just hopeful that this is beginning of the end.

I said the same about myself. I've been to bars, breweries, concerts, sports events, home parties, all of that, avoiding only the worse places (small, indoors, crowded). I'm fortunate to work at home, so risk is limited from that. Nothing. Not even a cold. Then it got me and I never even had to leave the house.

But, as an overweight 50+ guy that had the misfortune of a booster while positive, I still survived just fine at home, even if it wasn't pleasant. So there's no reason for most to fear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom