Hurley zoom call | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hurley zoom call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know this has been said about 2,000 times over the last 5 years or so, but we have the absolute worst luck with players missing games because of injury and Covid. It’s really hard to wrap my head around. Im sure there is a stat somewhere, but I guarantee we lead the country in starters minutes missed due to Injury/Covid.

Reaction Score
This Zoom call was utterly depressing. I suppose the only positives were

1) Geez, with so many positive Covid cases now, we should be in the clear for the rest of the season.

2) Additional time for Adama to heal (though Dan even lamented that it will be difficult to get his core and cardio back up to speed).

Reaction Score
This Zoom call was utterly depressing. I suppose the only positives were

1) Geez, with so many positive Covid cases now, we should be in the clear for the rest of the season.

2) Additional time for Adama to heal (though Dan even lamented that it will be difficult to get his core and cardio back up to speed).
I don’t get this stuff with what Hurley was saying in regards to your second point. Don’t we have a strength staff? His legs are fine. There’s no reason his cardio should be an issue. That’s just an excuse.

Reaction Score
Hope we get through the rest of the season unscathed. I just read the US set a worldwide single day record today of Covid cases. Cases should continue to spike through the middle and end of January so I assume other programs will be postponing games and schedules will be further messed up. Fingers crossed that we can play the full schedule even if it means extending the season by a week or two.

Reaction Score
Probably some guys who are sicker might not be fully ready to go either still symptomatic or just need to ramp up conditioning
Plus not everyone likely got sick/tested positive on the same day, so the time frame is different for each person. And it might be different for people who are symptomatic vs asymptomatic.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The timeline is really disappointing. I had hoped they could apply the 5 days and be ready for the 8th. Now he's talking about the 12th? Even if they tested positive tomorrow they'd be ready by the 12th. I don't get it. I am glad they are mostly asymptomatic or lightly symptomatic, as you'd expect from young athletes.

I'm hoping this wave burns out quickly as it seems to have in South Africa. Can't continue long at this rate of spread. This could be the end.

Reaction Score
The timeline is really disappointing. I had hoped they could apply the 5 days and be ready for the 8th. Now he's talking about the 12th? Even if they tested positive tomorrow they'd be ready by the 12th. I don't get it. I am glad they are mostly asymptomatic or lightly symptomatic, as you'd expect from young athletes.

I'm hoping this wave burns out quickly as it seems to have in South Africa. Can't continue long at this rate of spread. This could be the end.

Amen to that. Hopefully Jan - April has no more interruptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom