Hurley Zoom Call 8/3 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hurley Zoom Call 8/3

Reaction Score
Of course he's hedging. The kid has to show up in practice and earn his playing time just like any other guy on the team. That said, I think coach expects him to earn significant playing time, as do I.

I watched maybe 3-4 of his games at Thorlea and personally think that he's closer to a redshirt candidate than earning significant minutes. Judging performance of 7-footers is not something I can really attest to that well though. If he is getting minutes, it means he has REALLY dedicated himself to the SnC program--he was noticeably not in good shape and kind of doughy even in a bad HS league. Sometimes it's just a matter of motivation though. His passing ability as a center and soft touch with both hands could make him really effective if he is able to get stronger and in better shape.

To me, Sanogo looked like a better player in pretty much every facet of the game against top-notch competition at TPS--Javonte just has the advantage of being 3 or 4 inches taller and longer, which obviously counts for something.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I watched maybe 3-4 of his games at Thorlea and personally think that he's closer to a redshirt candidate than earning significant minutes. Judging performance of 7-footers is not something I can really attest to that well though. If he is getting minutes, it means he has REALLY dedicated himself to the SnC program--he was noticeably not in good shape and kind of doughy even in a bad HS league. Sometimes it's just a matter of motivation though. His passing ability as a center and soft touch with both hands could make him really effective if he is able to get stronger and in better shape.

To me, Sanogo looked like a better player in pretty much every facet of the game against top-notch competition at TPS--Javonte just has the advantage of being 3 or 4 inches taller and longer, which obviously counts for something.
This is obvious to anyone who's watched him. It's gonna be the staffs best work if he is a legitimate contributer this year.

Reaction Score

Sanogo was the 7th rated center in his class, he was supposed to look better.

Reaction Score
Sanogo was the 7th rated center in his class, he was supposed to look better.

True. I'm just getting at the fact that we have 2 senior Cs, Sanogo and potentially Springs ahead of Javonte Brown Ferguson right now. He's also a year young for this class... so a redshirt might make sense if the staff thinks hes a 4 year guy.

Reaction Score
If we end up missing a year of Bouk, I will be so bummed. The kid is special and it is absolute pleasure to watch him on the court.
This is literally what me and my friends have said multiple times. We'd all be so so pissed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom