Hurley talks about the team/players at this morning's Middlesex Chamber of Commerce breakfast | The Boneyard

Hurley talks about the team/players at this morning's Middlesex Chamber of Commerce breakfast

Reaction Score
An annual event. Anyone go? There's a paragraph on each player in here.

“It takes a while to build,” said Hurley, who spoke for about 45 minutes during his annual appearance at the event. “The end product of last year’s team was not how we started. I say it a lot, I know, we were picked closer to fourth in the Big East Preseason Poll than we were third… No one was talking about us in the preseason. I think there was some of these anonymous head coaching polls that gave us a very small percentage of getting back to the Final Four. So, going into the year, no one had any idea that we were gonna play as high a level of basketball as we played.”

I wish I could give you the alternate access but it doesn't seem to be working.

Reaction Score
Another article from this morning's breakfast. This one is about Hurley's recruiting strategy and not a run down of all the players. I expect Borges will do another one on that.

"I feel like, in our minds, there's a balance in recruiting for us in general, where we look for the premium talent that has the type of make-up and pedigree and character that we want with the people we bring into our organization," Hurley said on Thursday. "We'll continue to attract the exact type of people we've been getting."

"In recruiting, we're selective," Hurley added. "And we're not exactly what everyone is looking for, in terms of the work load, the accountability piece, the commitment that you have to make to the team with us. It's not for everyone, so we don't recruit everyone. It's a pretty strong filter, the way we do things."

Alternate access:

UConn's Dan Hurley lost out on Cooper Flagg last year. Why he's hasn't missed with top recruits since

Reaction Score
And one more article from this morning's breakfast.

“We’re clearly on a mission,” Hurley said. “To go for a third national championship is definitely a goal. We’ve got the Big East championship goals again going into the year. Even bigger picture for us and something that I think about a lot is when people think about the best sports organizations in the world, particularly in basketball, we want them to think of UConn at the top of the list, and that includes the NBA.

“The way we do things, the way we play, everything about our organization we want to be a model for what’s best about team and how people can come together, share their talents, work incredibly hard together and achieve great things. So that’s what our mindset is.”

Alternate access:

This year’s Huskies will need to win Hurley’s love

Reaction Score
I thought the most interesting things Hurley said (at least to me) were not covered by the

He talked about focusing on getting offensive players and then having them work on defense. The “Rock Fight” days are over. Too difficult to win consistently that way and he mention how they shot over 50% from 3.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I thought the most interesting things Hurley said (at least to me) were not covered by the

He talked about focusing on getting offensive players and then having them work on defense. The “Rock Fight” days are over. Too difficult to win consistently that way and he mention how they shot over 50% from 3.

Great point @Chief00

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom