Hurley Should Have An Honest Talk With Bouk | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Hurley Should Have An Honest Talk With Bouk

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Let's have some fun for the nitwits who prove time and time again they know nothing about the NBA draft or the modern NBA. Some consensus lottery picks this season...

1. Cade Cunningham - some called him a generational prospect coming out of HS; a 6'8" playmaker who'll change the fortunes of whichever team wins the lottery. He has more turnovers than assists this year. Has struggled to get past defenders in isolation. Shot 5/22 vs Texas, 2/17 inside the arc. Just shot 3/14 against mighty Liberty.

2. Jalen Suggs - didn't dominate the lowly WCC. Had many games where he wasn't much of a factor. Shot under 30% from three in conference play. Played on a loaded team where the opposition couldn't focus on stopping him.

3. Jalen Green - streaky shooter, poor defender, featherweight, often plays out of control/too fast.

4. Jonathan Kuminga - consensus Top 5 pick played for the Ignite, shot a brutal .387 / .246 / .625 and looked very raw.

5. Keon Johnson - SG that nearly every mock draft has above Bouknight. Averaged 11/3/2 and shot 27% from three. Had more turnovers than assists. Tennesse got upset/pasted by a team that hadn't won an NCAA tourney game in like 40 years, in which he only shot 6/16 for 14 points. He has a teammate who'll be a late lottery pick and he still couldn't lead Tenn to a win over lowly Oregon State. What a loser. I bet he too played himself out of the Top 10 because of one or two games.

ENTER BOUKNIGHT TERRITORY

6. Jalen Johnson - posted a pedestrian 11 & 6 for a terrible Duke team before leaving the program. Started only 8 of 13 games.

7. Kai Jones - Didn't even start for Texas. Big man who averaged 9 & 5 for a Texas team that lost to some other school from Texas in the opening round.

8. Moses Moody - poor finisher, average athleticism, his entire game may be predicated on being taller than DI guards he was able to easily shoot over. His ceiling is a concern and much debated.

9. Jaden Springer - average athlete, not a great scorer. Handle has a long way to go.

10. Corey Kispert - Hear ye, hear ye: who wants to spend a lottery pick on Joe Harris?

11. Scottie Barnes - who wants to draft a "guard" who can't score from the perimeter and has a less impressive physical profile than we were told?

If our fanbase actually watched other games I guarantee you they'd say all but say everyone but Evan Mobley shouldn't enter the draft this year.
Where’s all the European guys nobody has ever heard of?

Reaction Score
Bouk has been injured twice (high school and college). I think he knows the risks, and will certainly factor that in his decision.

Also he was constantly hitting the floor, and with each fall exponentially risking his professional career.

Not worth chancing another year with his recklessness. As a high pick, immediately he becomes an investment. And with investments, the team will attempt to maximize his current assets and develop new assets to generate higher profits and of course a higher ROI.

If he is smart, even if he doesn't last, he should have enough money to jump start the remainder of his life and live debt free forever (with smart living).

Reaction Score
Get one full season in the Big East playing in front of your home crowd and winning the Big East Championship. Deep run in the NCAA's. Playing against guys your own age. Developing physically and emotionally. Right Joel, Time of your life. Do it. Do it.
Or buy a mansion for your mom, fill her bank account so she never has to work again.

Reaction Score
We know Hurley reads the Boneyard so hopefully part of the honest talk will be about creating an account to take advantage of the great stock tips and grow his millions of dollars into even more money

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Let's have some fun for the nitwits who prove time and time again they know nothing about the NBA draft or the modern NBA. Some consensus lottery picks this season...

1. Cade Cunningham - some called him a generational prospect coming out of HS; a 6'8" playmaker who'll change the fortunes of whichever team wins the lottery. He has more turnovers than assists this year. Has struggled to get past defenders in isolation. Shot 5/22 vs Texas, 2/17 inside the arc. Just shot 3/14 against mighty Liberty.

2. Jalen Suggs - didn't dominate the lowly WCC. Had many games where he wasn't much of a factor. Shot under 30% from three in conference play. Played on a loaded team where the opposition couldn't focus on stopping him.

3. Jalen Green - streaky shooter, poor defender, featherweight, often plays out of control/too fast.

4. Jonathan Kuminga - consensus Top 5 pick played for the Ignite, shot a brutal .387 / .246 / .625 and looked very raw.

5. Keon Johnson - SG that nearly every mock draft has above Bouknight. Averaged 11/3/2 and shot 27% from three. Had more turnovers than assists. Tennesse got upset/pasted by a team that hadn't won an NCAA tourney game in like 40 years, in which he only shot 6/16 for 14 points. He has a teammate who'll be a late lottery pick and he still couldn't lead Tenn to a win over lowly Oregon State. What a loser. I bet he too played himself out of the Top 10 because of one or two games.

ENTER BOUKNIGHT TERRITORY

6. Jalen Johnson - posted a pedestrian 11 & 6 for a terrible Duke team before leaving the program. Started only 8 of 13 games.

7. Kai Jones - Didn't even start for Texas. Big man who averaged 9 & 5 for a Texas team that lost to some other school from Texas in the opening round.

8. Moses Moody - poor finisher, average athleticism, his entire game may be predicated on being taller than DI guards he was able to easily shoot over. His ceiling is a concern and much debated.

9. Jaden Springer - average athlete, not a great scorer. Handle has a long way to go.

10. Corey Kispert - Hear ye, hear ye: who wants to spend a lottery pick on Joe Harris?

11. Scottie Barnes - who wants to draft a "guard" who can't score from the perimeter and has a less impressive physical profile than we were told?

If our fanbase actually watched other games I guarantee you they'd say all but say everyone but Evan Mobley shouldn't enter the draft this year.
^^this guy watches the nba listen to him.

polycom

Reaction Score
For the people who think bouk isn’t ready for the nba, do you think they play better defense in the nba or in college?

Reaction Score
Reasons to declare:
1) Millions of guaranteed dollars in salary and sponsorships
2) No more classes
3) Better coaching

Reasons to return:
1) N/A
2) See #1
Not sure about coaching at that level you need to have the foundation and it's up to the player, given coaches advice, to improve on their own. That's why the ncaa will always exist it's free developmental league for the NBA

polycom

Reaction Score
Not sure about coaching at that level you need to have the foundation and it's up to the player, given coaches advice, to improve on their own. That's why the ncaa will always exist it's free developmental league for the NBA
Kawhi would like a word with you. So would a long list of players but kawhi would like the first word.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Let's wait and see after all the workouts and the interviews - thats the best feel for draft position
I wish him all the best - Bouk needs to be prepared
He's not coming back - Dh recruited with this as a reality

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
For the people who think bouk isn’t ready for the nba, do you think they play better defense in the nba or in college?

Bouk is not remotely ready for the NBA, but he should go anyway. The money is too big to pass up.

polycom

Reaction Score
Bouk is not remotely ready for the NBA, but he should go anyway. The money is too big to pass up.
He’s shown enough potential for the nba. That’s means he’s “ready”

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
He’s shown enough potential for the nba. That’s means he’s “ready”

Millions of dollars means he should go.

You are exactly the kind of person that would dig in on a ridiculous position by arguing the definition of commonly used words. Bouk is not ready to produce at the NBA level. But if you want to guarantee Bouk will be a 10+ppg scorer next year, go for it.

polycom

Reaction Score
Millions of dollars means he should go.

You are exactly the kind of person that would dig in on a ridiculous position by arguing the definition of commonly used words. Bouk is not ready to produce at the NBA level. But if you want to guarantee Bouk will be a 10+ppg scorer next year, go for it.
This is a weird argument you want to have, unfortunately for you I’m not willing to argue with someone like you.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This is a weird argument you want to have, unfortunately for you I’m not willing to argue with someone like you.

Once I call out your trolling, I am a lot less fun to argue with. We have been here before.

polycom

Reaction Score
Once I call out your trolling, I am a lot less fun to argue with. We have been here before.
Lol, your argument baiting tactics are getting worse by the day.

Reaction Score
Speaking of the draft, when will the draft be held? I can't find anything on google that has a date. Normally it's in June though, right? If anyone has the date for the upcoming draft, please share. Thanks

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
He’s gone. I don’t think he’s NBA ready. Heck I don’t think he’ll be there very long. But I hope he goes as High as possible in the Draft.

Reaction Score
Beyond defense Bouk immediately will be attempting to take someone's money, earnings, lifeline and financial security. That's when it can become cutthroat for a rookie. NBA players are competing to feed their families and maintain the lifestyle they created for themselves. Competition in practice will be brutal, and if he goes to the wrong team it could be savage.

Not saying anything about his readiness just talking about his teammates defending their bank. Let's hope the right team selects him even if he moves down in the draft.

Reaction Score

Which is the whole point. 75%+ of first round underclassmen are not "ready". This exact explanation has been made in dozens of posts on this forum in the last month.

Reaction Score
Kawhi would like a word with you. So would a long list of players but kawhi would like the first word.
Once you’re in the league it’s about you putting in the time. They aren’t babysitting you. Yes coaching might be better but it’s not like college when you are in strict workout schedules

Reaction Score
Beyond defense Bouk immediately will be attempting to take someone's money, earnings, lifeline and financial security. That's when it can become cutthroat for a rookie. NBA players are competing to feed their families and maintain the lifestyle they created for themselves. Competition in practice will be brutal, and if he goes to the wrong team it could be savage.

Not saying anything about his readiness just talking about his teammates defending their bank. Let's hope the right team selects him even if he moves down in the draft.

Ugh. Which is the same for any other draftee. Which is why the guaranteed contract comes into play for the first round picks.

Reaction Score
Do people think NBA teams don’t develop their lottery picks? It’s hard for me to understand that logic. Everyone keeps saying come back to get better, But His job will be to play professional basketball. That will give him time to develop his body and improve. The coaching is better the NBA, nutrition, strength and condition, list goes on and on. You can pick holes in tons of lottery picks. It’s about potential and what you can/will be. Not as much what you just did.

Reaction Score
Ugh. Which is the same for any other draftee. Which is why the guaranteed contract comes into play for the first round picks.
Teams also are aware of what they invested in a first round pick. They're going to do everything they can to ensure the draftee's success. Unless you're Thibs and the Knicks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom