Hurley > Shaka | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hurley > Shaka

Reaction Score
Was watching with my son, turned to him and said the same thing. His response: “dad, he looks like a 12 year-old character in Diary of a Wimpy Kid.” The guy looks like a different person with the mop.
Good coach, very goofy looking dude.

Reaction Score
Genuine question- What if Marquette won this game? Would you feel the same?
Based on the last week on this board, this is a very fair question. I did mention several times tonight that shaka said UConn was his dream job and I'd be lying if I ever said otherwise. Winning makes everything easier though.

Reaction Score
Think a lot of it is about matchup. We matchup very well with this team. We are one of the best in the country at offensive rebounding, and they are a team that really struggles with defensive rebounding. Also doesn’t hurt that polley and hawk hit threes :)

Reaction Score
Might have been the best game Hurley has coached yet at UConn. Extended in the 2nd half and took away those damn threes. Marquette is a very average team if you make them take it inside the line.
Every coach is great when guys make shots. No one blaming him for all the “Brimah” turnovers tonight (drops) or Adamas Cobb impression? Good game overall. I actually think they willed that out. And that means more. The last 2 minutes proved it. Not a lot of scoring but those boards equal points.

Reaction Score
Might have been the best game Hurley has coached yet at UConn. Extended in the 2nd half and took away those damn threes. Marquette is a very average team if you make them take it inside the line.
Even when it was nip and tuck in second, I asked myself if they lost would I still think Hurley did well, and the answer was I would still say yes. He actually was under control, loved the push the ball plan, and made some great adjustments to get the kids moving on O, and stuck with hammering the boards on O. I really think you could see the wheels turning.

Reaction Score
Hurley is a better recruiter. Shaka is a better at coaching the game of basketball... by quite a bit.

Stop this nonsense and enjoy the great W
My daughters boyfriend is a U of Texas grad and to say they dislike Shaka a lot is an understatement. He was horrible there. Let’s see what he does down then road at Marquette

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Shaka went to a final 4 with an A10 team. Hurley has the potential, but let’s see him win in March first
Shaka got run out of Texas

I like him, but keep things in perspective

Reaction Score
Shaka got run out of Texas

I like him, but keep things in perspective
Haha exactly. Just didn’t seem to be a fit at Texas. Marquette seems to be the perfect place for him though.

Reaction Score
Hurley’s definitely better (one of the best) at making players feel like beasts.

Imagine how pumped you’d feel if you were Hawkins here?

Based on that high-level chest bump, I’m very excited to see Matt Garry fully recovered from the injury.

Reaction Score
I've actually gotten used to Shaka with hair now, don't think it looks bad like I did when I first saw it. Maybe it's just because I've watched 7 or 8 Marquette games now this year

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom