Hurley ratcheting up practices to signal season is near | The Boneyard

Hurley ratcheting up practices to signal season is near

Reaction Score
From the Courant. Kind of late but didn't see it posted.

How the heck did Bouknight gain 23 pounds in such a short period of time (in the article)? I hope it works out well but that doesn't seem possible.

“We’re going to have to make hard decisions on who to start,” Hurley said, “as opposed to the last couple of years where we were just trying to find five guys to throw out there.”

The players are feeling it.

“It’s really fun,” senior Isaiah Whaley said. “It’s really competitive. Everybody is competing for a spot, there is competition at every position, so nobody can really slack off. If you slack off, the other person looks better than you, so it is super competitive at every position.”

For those without Courant access: Without the normal schedule, Dan Hurley is ratcheting up practices to signal UConn men’s season is near

Reaction Score
From the Courant. Kind of late but didn't see it posted.

How the heck did Bouknight gain 23 pounds in such a short period of time (in the article)? I hope it works out well but that doesn't seem possible.

“We’re going to have to make hard decisions on who to start,” Hurley said, “as opposed to the last couple of years where we were just trying to find five guys to throw out there.”

The players are feeling it.

“It’s really fun,” senior Isaiah Whaley said. “It’s really competitive. Everybody is competing for a spot, there is competition at every position, so nobody can really slack off. If you slack off, the other person looks better than you, so it is super competitive at every position.”

For those without Courant access: Without the normal schedule, Dan Hurley is ratcheting up practices to signal UConn men’s season is near
Bouk brought up a good point that Cole hasn’t played a game in 2 years. No doubt he’ll be a great player but I think Gaff may get the start. Cole will be eased in off the bench.

Reaction Score
Bouk brought up a good point that Cole hasn’t played a game in 2 years. No doubt he’ll be a great player but I think Gaff may get the start. Cole will be eased in off the bench.
I think it's going to be awful hard to not start a guy who's already scored 1,500 points and has over 400 assists at the division 1 level.

Reaction Score
Season can't start soon enough

Screenshot_20201104-190305_Instagram.jpg

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Isnt the season like a month away still?

Reaction Score
I think it's going to be awful hard to not start a guy who's already scored 1,500 points and has over 400 assists at the division 1 level.
True but it’s hard too not start the guy who led us to the winnng streak at the end of the year. I called him a plain vanilla PG but everyone’s shooting percentage increased because he located them in good position.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Both will play solid minutes. Sometimes at the same time.

Reaction Score
True but it’s hard too not start the guy who led us to the winnng streak at the end of the year. I called him a plain vanilla PG but everyone’s shooting percentage increased because he located them in good position.

He was solid at best. Still had trouble with really solid defensive guards couldn’t consistently get the offense started in deep enough. He was also lucky in timing that Bouk became a confident offensive player 2nd half of the year allowing Vital to have more space as teams increasingly were aware of where Bouk was. Also defensively he was solid unless the other guard was quick and strong he was beaten often. Obviously add he shot it horribly we need to be a ton better at the point no matter if it’s him or RJ. I can see he’s stronger that’s excellent, is he quicker and can he make a shot? Or is RJ the guy? Funny we haven’t heard a ton on that position as of yet, really need a step up from last year in a big way there.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Did they say if it was solid muscle?

Possibly a very good troll post.

Taking the post at face value, any of the pics and videos from practices show Bouk looking lean and cut.

Reaction Score
He was solid at best. Still had trouble with really solid defensive guards couldn’t consistently get the offense started in deep enough. He was also lucky in timing that Bouk became a confident offensive player 2nd half of the year allowing Vital to have more space as teams increasingly were aware of where Bouk was. Also defensively he was solid unless the other guard was quick and strong he was beaten often. Obviously add he shot it horribly we need to be a ton better at the point no matter if it’s him or RJ. I can see he’s stronger that’s excellent, is he quicker and can he make a shot? Or is RJ the guy? Funny we haven’t heard a ton on that position as of yet, really need a step up from last year in a big way there.
Did Bouk and Vital magically improve their shooting or did their shooting improve because of better location due to him?
He also was a freshman his athletism with experience will improve his defense. Cole’ssize is a plus lack of experience against top athletic guards has to be a concern. I understand the hype but that doesn’t win games solid PG play does.
As far as a PG goes the only true measure is with whom the team is better. That’s the Alpha an the Omega. I hope Cole lives up to the expectations I’m not anti anyone. Hype doesn’t win games solid play does. It’s great to have insurance

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Possibly a very good troll post.
Taking the post at face value, any of the pics and videos from practices show Bouk looking lean and cut.
You remember the days when every fall we'd get reports how half the squad would come in having added not just muscle, but solid muscle?

Reaction Score
You remember the days when every fall we'd get reports how half the squad would come in having added not just muscle, but solid muscle?
Is there any other kind? Lol

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Absolutely. That's why I gave you credit up front for a good troll.

Reaction Score
Did Bouk and Vital magically improve their shooting or did their shooting improve because of better location due to him?
He also was a freshman his athletism with experience will improve his defense. Cole’ssize is a plus lack of experience against top athletic guards has to be a concern. I understand the hype but that doesn’t win games solid PG play does.
As far as a PG goes the only true measure is with whom the team is better. That’s the Alpha an the Omega. I hope Cole lives up to the expectations I’m not anti anyone. Hype doesn’t win games solid play does. It’s great to have insurance

Well he helped but it wasn’t all him at all at least from my perspective. I mean we saw Vital shoot it good well before he was on campus and he was due to start shooting it better because he was dreadful. I mean it wasn’t like he only missed shots when he was not given a good pass he missed wide open looks first half of the season. Bouk just matured and realized he could be the guy we suddenly saw not sure the credit goes to Gaff, him or anyone think it was just self confidence.

Again Gaff was steady but that guy last year is only a back up for a UConn team that wants to be really really good. He and/or Cole need to be much better for the Huskies to exceed expectations. Hopefully both are just that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom