Hurley quotes from first practice | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hurley quotes from first practice

Reaction Score
Yeah, it always sounded a bit overdone. But it is very difficult to argue with the way Jim Calhoun prepared his teams. It's safe to assume JC had a purpose.

I think it guaranteed that the players who knew what was coming we’re prepared and in shape prior to the season starting.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score

John Fanta
"@John_Fanta

"One thing is clear: Dan Hurley will have UConn pressing more this upcoming season. He believes the depth and length the Huskies possess can cause havoc defensively".
4:33 PM · Oct 16, 2020

I am hoping that this is true and can't wait. What a great thing to have all this athleticism and bench depth to bring it to the opponents. I just love pressure defense and fast breaks.

Reaction Score
One thing I've been thinking about, there's a lot of talk about how we have the flexibility with our frontcourt depth to match up with who we're playing (and I definitely agree). But I think the point that gets overlooked is the other side of that. With how much talent we have I think we'll see more of Hurley setting the tone and other teams needing to react and adjust to us.

We can adjust and put Carlton and/or Sanogo out there against Georgetown, but I think we'll see just as much of Hurley going to Polley/Whaley at the 4/5 and forcing Ewing to bury his big men like we've been stuck doing the past few years

Reaction Score
One thing I've been thinking about, there's a lot of talk about how we have the flexibility with our frontcourt depth to match up with who we're playing (and I definitely agree). But I think the point that gets overlooked is the other side of that. With how much talent we have I think we'll see more of Hurley setting the tone and other teams needing to react and adjust to us.

We can adjust and put Carlton and/or Sanogo out there against Georgetown, but I think we'll see just as much of Hurley going to Polley/Whaley at the 4/5 and forcing Ewing to bury his big men like we've been stuck doing the past few years
For the first time since he's been in Storrs.. And because of our roster depth.. The Carpenter will be able to play Chess instead of Checkers with his lineups..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom