Hurley quotes from first practice | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hurley quotes from first practice

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Glad to hear this. The whole "everyone throws up in the first practice" thing always struck me as crappy SnC. Our guys are in shape already--that's important. More time to focus on the Xs and Os and individual development.
It wasn't everyone, it was someone. If it makes you feel better think of it as more graphic version of this
1602884976450.png

"You are the weakest link."

Reaction Score
1st thing - @UConnKev. Thank you for taking the time and making the effort to put all of these quotes into one thread, and great job!

2nd thing - 6 more weeks... 6 more weeks before the real games begin. And I can barely wait!

LET'S GO!!! (Getting as close to fully healthy as possible first would of course be a good thing, too ;)).

Thank you! Just don’t let my employer know that I used my last 15 minutes of the work week to scour twitter for these quotes for the boneyard.

Reaction Score
Glad to hear this. The whole "everyone throws up in the first practice" thing always struck me as crappy SnC. Our guys are in shape already--that's important. More time to focus on the Xs and Os and individual development.
Yeah. Clearly didn't work.

Reaction Score
“It was really intense,” Jackson said. “We’ve been working hard in our workouts that came before this, so it wasn’t a huge adjustment, but there was a lot more defensive focus, a lot of energy today. I was messing up a lot, which I expected being a freshman. I know if I’m messing things up, I’ve got a long way to go and a lot to improve on. I’m not taking it as a bad thing, It means I’ve got a lot of space to grow. I just need to stack as many good practices in a row as I can.”

Reaction Score
“It was really intense,” Jackson said. “We’ve been working hard in our workouts that came before this, so it wasn’t a huge adjustment, but there was a lot more defensive focus, a lot of energy today. I was messing up a lot, which I expected being a freshman. I know if I’m messing things up, I’ve got a long way to go and a lot to improve on. I’m not taking it as a bad thing, It means I’ve got a lot of space to grow. I just need to stack as many good practices in a row as I can.”

One of the great things about Hurley is his skill as a communicator. As evidenced by the frequency of quotes from players that are clearly a regurgitation of what Hurley's been emphasizing to them.

Helps to recruit smart kids who are open to listening too.

Reaction Score
Expectations are definitely high this year as we all love DH, Bouk, etc. but we definitely need to be ready for some growing pains. And that’s coming from a guy thinking we could make a run at the Big East title.

RJ Cole kinda reminds me of Sterling Gibbs. Not by play but situation, I had HUGE expectations for Sterling. Just need to give these guys some time to grow into their new roles and hope we are playing our best ball in conference tourney time.

Reaction Score

Yeah, it always sounded a bit overdone. But it is very difficult to argue with the way Jim Calhoun prepared his teams. It's safe to assume JC had a purpose.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Love it!! “THAT’S WHAT WE DO HERE”

Really feels like the good ole days are just around the corner!!!

GO UConn!!!
I just love how bought into being at UConn he is. You can tell he was a kid that watched us become the BEast and played ball against the Huskies on the way up with JC. I think he could easily dress as blue 'n white kid for Halloween, no problem....

What a good job done Mr. Bob Sr.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I was shocked to hear thats came from a freshman and not Hurley when I finished reading.
Agreed. Everything I've heard from Jackson has sounded like a professional talking, both written and video, not an 18 year old. Seems extremely focused and impressive, reinforced by his impressive progress in the weight room in only a few months.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
When they were saying this crappy stuff - at years end 3 times they cut down the net
You don't think those guys didn't bust butt before the 1st practice?
JC's practices and DH's may be two different animals - lets hope these lead to the same results
I do enjoy the body language of these kids in the footage Ive seen in the 1st few practice sessions - it could be a very interesting season

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom