Hurley: Polley current starter at PF | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hurley: Polley current starter at PF

Reaction Score
I don't love the idea of extended periods with a three guard lineup. We got smooshed on the glass last year like that.

Reaction Score
I don't love the idea of extended periods with a three guard lineup. We got smooshed on the glass last year like that.

Th good news for us is that there's a serious lack of quality front-courts in the AAC this year. Incredibly guard-heavy league.

Reaction Score
One of the reasons I ignore coach's statements about players in the preseason. Polly was hardly ever mentioned and now he will be starting.
but its still the preseason? ;)

pj

Reaction Score
but its still the preseason? ;)

Yes ... and it would be no surprise if Sid Wilson or Whaley takes the starting spot in game 1. If Calhoun had said the same thing, you wouldn't know if he was being honest about Polley or trying to motivate the guys "behind" Polley to do more.

Reaction Score
At last if we're playing 3 guards much of this year, we have 5 guards. As long as everyone stays healthy.

Reaction Score
I think if he starts 3 guards it will be Jalen Adams, Alterique, and Tarin Smith.

Hurley was speaking the other day and mentioned that Alterique was "looking for his shot more than facilitating when he's on the court", and then he said that "he likes Tarin, who also gets into the paint at will, and kind of sprays the ball around to his teammates." He's looking for a guard who will dribble drive and pass to add motion/passing/assists to his offense. As talented as Gilbert is he is more of a scorer than facilitator right now, same with Jalen. The three together on the floor attacking could be special.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
After all the positive spins, wierd to see the actuals. On face, not so hot for Cobb, Whaley, Williams? 4 will be an 'issue'.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom