Hurley on UConn fans | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hurley on UConn fans

Reaction Score
South campus was the center of the streaking universe in the 70s. And it wasn't pretty.

I was there. Me and another guy referred to ourselves as “the moon men of Crandall B.” Nothing more need be said.

Reaction Score
You could tell at the end of the game the coaches and players appreciates our energy and cheering. Came over waved and thanked the fans. I know the section I was in....half court on player side was unhinged and we even scared some buffalo fans away who couldn't stand sitting in front of us any longer. Xavier will be a tougher fanbase to battle

Reaction Score
You could tell at the end of the game the coaches and players appreciates our energy and cheering. Came over waved and thanked the fans. I know the section I was in....half court on player side was unhinged and we even scared some buffalo fans away who couldn't stand sitting in front of us any longer. Xavier will be a tougher fanbase to battle
Wonder if Bill Murray is gonna show up

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wonder if Bill Murray is gonna show up
If he does, he'll probably wear a disguise.

1574451333408.png

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
You haven't lived until you watched a couch burn in the middle of the Jungle.
You evidently take your life in your own hands by referring to that particular set of buildings as, "The Jungle," nowadays.

Reaction Score
Things I dealt with as an RA on Fairfield 1st included:

- my residents stealing a sheep from the farm
- painting said sheep with paint leftover from repainting the hallways, which of course was restitution for the bathroom they destroyed
- posing a dead raccoon on the ledge above the entry door, with a cig in his mouth and a beer bottle next to him
- having the hallway lights knocked out pretty much every week
- plenty of antics with the fire extinguisher
- during one of the snowball fights - one of my guys was shooting people with a pellet gun
- during the same snowball fight - my guys took all of the garbage can lids and used them as shields and then went and beat the # 2 out of people throwing snowballs at the dorm

And much, much more...
damn, I’ve always wanted a pet sheep, I wish I’d thought of this...

I was a regular resident in the Jungle (Litchfield), but I also was an RA on Baldwin 4 (which connected to some guy’s floor - started with an M, has the Jungle caf).

So because we were attached to a guy’s floor, someone puked in our water fountain every weekend. Sometimes during the week, too. Also, one time someone pulled it off the wall.

Reaction Score
DH is right! True husky fans are insane! I’m one them. Coming from a small state with no pro teams...( Hartford Whalers) Uconn is our team. I know personally for my friends and myself this is OUR team. I’ve never ever felt personal pain from losing in any pro sport except for Uconn. So when we do win, it feels like we’ve won.

Reaction Score
You haven't lived until you watched a couch burn in the middle of the Jungle.
Facts! Of all the Spring Weekends and Yale Bowls I have been to, NOTHING compares to what campus was like after we beat Duke for our first NC! Just complete and utter debauchery, it was amazing.

Reaction Score
Goes to show you how bad its been with this reaction after beating Buffalo. Hell even after the Florida win I felt the celebration was over the top.

All understandable, but this drought sucks! But its starting to rain as you can see from the fan.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So because we were attached to a guy’s floor, someone puked in our water fountain every weekend. Sometimes during the week, too. Also, one time someone pulled it off the wall.
Probably sick of all the puke.

Reaction Score
Facts! Of all the Spring Weekends and Yale Bowls I have been to, NOTHING compares to what campus was like after we beat Duke for our first NC! Just complete and utter debauchery, it was amazing.
Agree. That Jungle fire was amazing. I took off a game giveaway shirt and threw it into the fire in honor of our victory. Great times.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Goes to show you how bad its been with this reaction after beating Buffalo. Hell even after the Florida win I felt the celebration was over the top.

All understandable, but this drought sucks! But its starting to rain as you can see from the fan.
Get excited no matter what. Why compare. Off to TD now.

Reaction Score
Things I dealt with as an RA on Fairfield 1st included:

- my residents stealing a sheep from the farm
- painting said sheep with paint leftover from repainting the hallways, which of course was restitution for the bathroom they destroyed
- posing a dead raccoon on the ledge above the entry door, with a cig in his mouth and a beer bottle next to him
- having the hallway lights knocked out pretty much every week
- plenty of antics with the fire extinguisher
- during one of the snowball fights - one of my guys was shooting people with a pellet gun
- during the same snowball fight - my guys took all of the garbage can lids and used them as shields and then went and beat the # 2 out of people throwing snowballs at the dorm

And much, much more...
Besides the sheep that all sounds fairly tame sorry

Between us guys on the third and the girls on the second floor, in New London my sophomore year...

-90% of the ceiling tiles didn't make it
-floor flooded with an apple-bobbing accident
-bathroom flooded after we made a makeshift hot tub with a blow-up pool and all three shower heads feeding in to it
-billboards ripped out of the walls
-toilet seats all kicked off
-a fire from pot residue
-a fire from some idiot screwing up a small charcoal grill I’m the quad
-strippers in a quad room (old study room?)

and these were just floor/dorm-wife events

not that this is anything particularly crazy but at some point freshman year during finals week we were jousting with laundry carts in Russel (Notthwest/Frats)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom