Hurley on PMT | The Boneyard

Hurley on PMT

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That was hysterical.

I’m a big loser. You’re a big winner. I’m sorry for rooting against you.

Underwear analytics

Also, he notes that he’s going to the portal, not that that’s a huge surprise, and that AJ should leave if he’s going to go in the first round. So that probably means he’s close and individual workouts could make the difference.

Sick Puppy

Remember, you wanted this.
Reaction Score
Enjoy coach while we got 'im. Wants to dip the toes in the pros.

Reaction Score
NBA is a tough one. On one hand less headache not having to recruit, dealing with college kids who want to transfer, etc. At the same time you’ll get 2 seasons max before you get cut. If he had season like he did at the start of his UConn career he would’ve been shown the door

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Enjoy coach while we got 'im. Wants to dip the toes in the pros.
I could see it play out similar to his father. Considered making the leap to college from HS many times but in the end decided to stay put. But who knows. I'd be it's not happening anytime soon -- he's going to bask in all of the glory and perks (including easier recruiting) that a National Championship brings.

Reaction Score
Keeps the NBA door open.... interesting
Maybe contract leverage. Not that he needs it after this year, but more never hurt.. The fear of losing a championship level coach is quite the motivator.

Reaction Score
NBA is a tough one. On one hand less headache not having to recruit, dealing with college kids who want to transfer, etc. At the same time you’ll get 2 seasons max before you get cut. If he had season like he did at the start of his UConn career he would’ve been shown the door
And you can't just go out and hustle and recruit new, great players. If you can't get lucky and get a franchise changing player at the top of the lottery or convince an uber elite free agent to play for you, you are stuck in the NBA wilderness of mediocrity or worse. Houdini couldn't coach a mediocre or worse team to championship level. If you don't have the talent, you won't last long. The streets are littered with college coaches who couldn't make it work.

Reaction Score
Lolz...

4 The Cycle on Twitter: "If Dan Hurley goes to the NBA that’s a great thing for the UConn program. Kimani Young and Luke Murray are both top tier Big East HC’s." / Twitter

Reaction Score
I could see it play out similar to his father. Considered making the leap to college from HS many times but in the end decided to stay put. But who knows. I'd be it's not happening anytime soon -- he's going to bask in all of the glory and perks (including easier recruiting) that a National Championship brings.
If It’s the right situation and the Knicks, Nets, Celtics, or Sixers call, then I would be worried that It’s better than 50-50 he makes the jump. I can’t see him going to coach an Oklahoma City, Denver, Atlanta, etc. I would highly doubt his wife would want to up and move half way across the country.

This is not the first time Hurley said in an interview that he would like to coach in the NBA one day. I don’t want Hurley to leave. That would really sting to have him pull a Calipari or Pitino where he fails in the NBA within a few years and he comes back to coach another school which possibly could be a rival.

Reaction Score
I really enjoyed that interview.. Always some great insight provided

Reaction Score
Nothing really to see here folks other than Hurley saying he is too manic on the sidelines for the NBA.

Give it 5 years of successful seasons and he'll get there if he wants to.

Reaction Score
If It’s the right situation and the Knicks, Nets, Celtics, or Sixers call, then I would be worried that It’s better than 50-50 he makes the jump. I can’t see him going to coach an Oklahoma City, Denver, Atlanta, etc. I would highly doubt his wife would want to up and move half way across the country.

This is not the first time Hurley said in an interview that he would like to coach in the NBA one day. I don’t want Hurley to leave. That would really sting to have him pull a Calipari or Pitino where he fails in the NBA within a few years and he comes back to coach another school which possibly could be a rival.

If you watched the interview it was abundantly clear that this is not a thing that - if it ever happened - would happen any time soon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom