Hurley on LeBatard | The Boneyard

Hurley on LeBatard

Reaction Score
They tried to get him to admit there was a number that would make him leave, and I mean yeah obviously there’s always a number but it would probably have to be insanely high, and he would need buy in. It sounded like the whole family was against it, and he sounded like he appreciates the college game even more now. I still think the minute a NBA team near here offers him a decent contract he’s probably gone. But that’s not now

Reaction Score
I will listen at some point tonight or this weekend, but did they discuss if DH felt he was lowballed. That part of the story has interested me all week. The idea that he was to be offered some absurd NBA contract. But in the end was offered a fairly normal contract. Or at least lower than the top NBA coaches.

Reaction Score
I will listen at some point tonight or this weekend, but did they discuss if DH felt he was lowballed. That part of the story has interested me all week. The idea that he was to be offered some absurd NBA contract. But in the end was offered a fairly normal contract. Or at least lower than the top NBA coaches.
He pretty much said “sure there’s always a number to make you think about leaving” which infers they didn’t hit that number. But people are also not taking into account that literally everyone in his family wasn’t for it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
People love to believe in "leverage plays", they think it's 3-D chess at work. In this case, Hurley had real interest until the insulting offer.

Reaction Score

"One of the worst takes I've heard is that this is a leverage play by me to improve my situation at UConn," Hurley said on the show. "I don't need leverage here. We've won back-to-back national championships at this place. This was never a leverage situation for me.

"I've had a contract in place here for a couple of weeks. And the final part, in terms of salary, has been done for a while. There are some other parts, like NIL and staff salary and some different things, that I want adjusted and I'm not comfortable with. But the sense of the idea that this was some conspiracy to get me a sweeter deal at UConn is just, it's lazy."

Reaction Score
Seemed like he felt awkward in both the LeBatard and Cowherd interviews. He was never going to leave UConn/Northeast basketball. His agent and him probably felt Lakers was a call you needed to take and it would raise his profile to the next level.

Reaction Score

No he said he and UConn have had the money all set for a while and are just working on other things.

Reaction Score
Hurley did also say, though, that the Lakers could have lured him over if they offered more money - but stated he did not know how much that would be exactly. He is saying that it is possible to be offered enough money that he would leave.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Seemed like he felt awkward in both the LeBatard and Cowherd interviews. He was never going to leave UConn/Northeast basketball. His agent and him probably felt Lakers was a call you needed to take and it would raise his profile to the next level.
That isn't what he said. He said he was completely torn and didn't know what he was going to do until he went to bed.

Maybe people here where that confident he was going to stay. Maybe Hurley is smoothing over his decision process, but from his own lips, he was on the fence on both sides as to what his final decision was going to be...

Reaction Score
"One of the worst takes I've heard is that this is a leverage play by me to improve my situation at UConn," Hurley said on the show. "I don't need leverage here. We've won back-to-back national championships at this place. This was never a leverage situation for me.
So it wasn't leverage and his wife would have divorced him if he took the job -- but he headed out to LA anyways. Got it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom