Hurley on LeBatard | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hurley on LeBatard

Reaction Score
Seemed like he felt awkward in both the LeBatard and Cowherd interviews. He was never going to leave UConn/Northeast basketball. His agent and him probably felt Lakers was a call you needed to take and it would raise his profile to the next level.
I got no issues against him doing that, but damn, as a UConn fan 4.5 days of constant speculating felt like I got mind phucked. Hurley could have left UConn. I don't think it's correct to say he was never going to leave UConn/Northeast basketball.

In the end, not only did Hurley raise his profile, but UConn basketball's profile got raised immensely. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
So it wasn't leverage and his wife would have divorced him if he took the job -- but he headed out to LA anyways. Got it.
If the offer was 100M for 6, Dan and Andrea are happily house hunting on the left coast as we speak.

Reaction Score
If the offer was 100M for 6, Dan and Andrea are happily house hunting on the left coast as we speak.
She was "angry" but not "angry angry."

Oh -- and he asked AK for advice. So really it is Alex we should thanking for deciding he would rather play for DH next year instead of a mystery coach to be named later.

Reaction Score

Oh -- and he asked AK for advice. So really it is Alex we should thanking for deciding he would rather play for DH next year instead of a mystery coach to be named later.

He also went out of his way to make clear that he didn't listen to what Alex advised him.

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
All aboard

Stugots reference is perfect, just what I needed to hear. This board is already rife with Sopranos posting and here’s DH shoveling on the mojo because we are a family and even in this bleeped up day and age it means something to him, regardless of the impacts financially-wise.

Big things next year for Jalen Stewgots.

IMG_0121.jpeg

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

Is there a point at which you'll just admit that you've been right all along?

Reaction Score
He also went out of his way to make clear that he didn't listen to what Alex advised him.
Did he? I heard in another interview he reached out to Alex on Sunday seeking advice before the big desicion and valued what he had to say. (65/35)

Reaction Score
Did he? I heard in another interview he reached out to Alex on Sunday seeking advice before the big desicion and valued what he had to say. (65/35)
He did but he followed it up immediately by saying that it wasn't necessarily anything with Alex specifically as much as the situation all the players would be in

Reaction Score
So when Leb asked Hurley if he talked to LeBron DH said “I did not.” Then sort of stumbled and said “we had some communication” before quickly pivoting to how he coached against LeBron when he was a high school player.

Maybe he meant to say “I did?” Because he told everyone else that he did text LeBron.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
So when Leb asked Hurley if he talked to LeBron DH said “I did not.” Then sort of stumbled and said “we had some communication” before quickly pivoting to how he coached against LeBron when he was a high school player.

Maybe he meant to say “I did?” Because he told everyone else that he did text LeBron.
The whole situation is weird. Similar to how he said something along the lines of how he turned down the President’s call to talk to a recruit after the 2023 NC.

He’s definitely a coach that’s concerned about his personal brand it seems and will say/do things to build it.

Reaction Score

He said elsewhere that he texted. So he didn’t speak with LeBron. The question wasn’t did he communicate

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom