Hurley on Josh Carlton | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hurley on Josh Carlton

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I think it's safe to say he's not going to develop a hook shot that's comparable to the greatest hook shot of all-time. SMH.

I was most impressed by his face up 15' baseline J against Cincy.

Making that shot a weapon from the baseline and FT line opens up offensive possibilities for the entire team.

Reaction Score
He will continue to develop. He can get stronger and it will help but this board is obsessed with having body builders. The game isn't played that way anymore. It would be more productive if he developed a jump shot.
The game is changing a bit, sure. Much more so at the NBA level though. A dominant old school banger can still crush it in college.

You're both right. Josh would help both himself and the team by developing a skill set somewhere in the middle here.

Reaction Score
We also haven't had a big guy that can step out and shoot, which is something that many other teams have. We also haven't had big guys that could pass when the defense collapses until signs of having that this season. I want our guys to get stronger. But basketball talent matters the most.

Size and athleticism look like talent on the court. Very hard to differentiate.

Reaction Score
He desperately needs to works on his footwork and explosion. His moves are in slow motion

Reaction Score
He has to work on his legs BAD. He just cant jump hardly at all. Cant even get up to attempt to challenge shots when people are driving to the basket.

Reaction Score
There were a few times on defense tonight where Carlton just couldn't "flip his hips," to use the football term. Dude went right around him multiple times. It seems a combination of 1) still somehow adjusting to D1 game speed and 2) he's just not a great athlete. No lateral or rotational quickness, no vertical to speak of really. I don't know how anyone expects him to turn into a real post-up guy when he's too slow to get around a legit high D1 big man. You can't add that kind of fast-twitch athleticism in the weight room at this age.

Reaction Score
There were a few times on defense tonight where Carlton just couldn't "flip his hips," to use the football term. Dude went right around him multiple times. It seems a combination of 1) still somehow adjusting to D1 game speed and 2) he's just not a great athlete. No lateral or rotational quickness, no vertical to speak of really. I don't know how anyone expects him to turn into a real post-up guy when he's too slow to get around a legit high D1 big man. You can't add that kind of fast-twitch athleticism in the weight room at this age.
Right!!! The ball is on the glass before he can even get his hands up. By time he ready to try to jump, the ball is falling through the hoop already.

Reaction Score
Right!!! The ball is on the glass before he can even get his hands up. By time he ready to try to jump, the ball is falling through the hoop already.
Actually, if you watch Josh, his hands are up.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I agree his hands are up
and with his lack of foot movement and jumping ability we was robbed

Reaction Score
Actually, if you watch Josh, his hands are up.
Yeah they actually are up. But I'm saying he cant get them up and jump to even challenge shots. It's hard to change shots with your feet still on the ground.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom