Hurley on Evan Daniels Podcast | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hurley on Evan Daniels Podcast

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My 2 cents. Winning was about the best recurring mojo I have ever seen. Tiger blood.

It was great no doubt but nothing beats the sheer hilarity of the Senhor posts.

I give you Exhibit 1

Last edited:

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
For every Senhor or Charlie there is the flipside of a disaster like "jason"

please tell me your daughter still has that dumb thing. If we are to win a title this year we need to burn it in a pallet fire at carriage house.
There was the failed TRUMP mojo, too.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Ride, Senhor ride!!!!

upload_2014-4-16_18-42-34-png.5791

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
There was the failed TRUMP mojo, too.
That was the Auggy's year, IIRC. Personally, I blame it on his lack of conviction to the mojo sandwich.

Reaction Score
I know what you're saying since we aren't all that talented, it just seems every year we put these expectations on kids who have never suited up in a Husky jersey. They usually don't pan out right away.

It's been a long time since we saw a positive surprise in terms of a newcomer or a guy's development over the offseason.

Hopefully that changes under the new regime.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Remember that time a Hurley interview turned into a 125 page super thread about balls, sacreds and wings?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It's been a long time since we saw a positive surprise in terms of a newcomer or a guy's development over the offseason.

Hopefully that changes under the new regime.

Might not be the most impactful example, but I was surprised as what Vital was able to contribute his freshman year.

But the pickings were slim overall.

Reaction Score
From the discussion above, and from personal experience, the Charlie mojo was more powerful, but the Senhor mojo was funnier. Both brought Championships. Different flavors work.

I suppose we can agree that they were both great examples of this board at its best. Charlie happened shortly after I joined the board, and it was the moment where I knew this board was different and better than just about everything else. I would say that there would not have been Senhor without Winning.

Reaction Score
Might not be the most impactful example, but I was surprised as what Vital was able to contribute his freshman year.

But the pickings were slim overall.

Yes, that's probably the closest example. I would also accept Shonn Miller.

Year-over-year improvement was atrocious, with the most favorable example there being probably Kentan Facey's too-little-too-late emergence for half of his senior campaign.

I expect Hurley to be much better in this regard, both in terms of evaluating talent, finding diamonds in the rough, and getting players who will grow over their 4 (or, better yet, 2-3) years.

Reaction Score
For every Senhor or Charlie there is the flipside of a disaster like "jason"

please tell me your daughter still has that dumb thing. If we are to win a title this year we need to burn it in a pallet fire at carriage house.

Jason actually belonged to Swami’s daughter (Swamette) and was before my daughter was born. My daughter was days old when Okafor hit 2 FTs to close out Duke in 2004. I rubbed her head for luck and dubbed her the Mojo Baby.

Reaction Score
Jason actually belonged to Swami’s daughter (Swamette) and was before my daughter was born. My daughter was days old when Okafor hit 2 FTs to close out Duke in 2004. I rubbed her head for luck and dubbed her the Mojo Baby.

Just one :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom