Hurley on Evan Daniels Podcast | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hurley on Evan Daniels Podcast

C

Chief00

What pleases Chief, from this interview and other conversations, is that Dan is absolutely committed to man to man pressure defense. We went away from that the last couple years and no matter how someone might rationalize that direction - it was not Jim Calhoun style UConn Basketball.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Exactly. How many times do people have to be burned by this before figuring it out?
Not much competition. Feel free to say I told you so. When he teamed with 5 star Moses Brown he was the better player last spring, and he’s had a year to redshirt and practice. I like his odds.

It’s not like I’m saying we’ll be ranked, I just think he’s going to be our second best player, maybe third if Gilbert is healthy.

Reaction Score
Not much competition. Feel free to say I told you so. When he teamed with 5 star Moses Brown he was the better player last spring, and he’s had a year to redshirt and practice. I like his odds.

It’s not like I’m saying we’ll be ranked, I just think he’s going to be our second best player, maybe third if Gilbert is healthy.
I know what you're saying since we aren't all that talented, it just seems every year we put these expectations on kids who have never suited up in a Husky jersey. They usually don't pan out right away.

Reaction Score
It’s going to be a culture shock for many of our players because I didn’t see much effort on D last year. Most seemed uninterested on that end of the court.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It will be nice to have a Senhor swing in our step again! At this point I don't think the HC needs to get into too much detail about player pluses or minuses. It is just way to early for that. Work with them and let them determine what the story is for next season and their careers.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure there are NCAA rules against Hurley even watching spring pick up games the guys are playing. Just because he's not mentioning some of the less-used-high-upside guys doesn't mean they won't be featured once he actually gets to working with everyone intensively

Reaction Score
Exactly. How many times do people have to be burned by this before figuring it out?

I am not trying to die on this hill so I will only mention it a time or 2 more but more people need to realize that the 90th rated recruit in his class doesn't always become a stud, especially in his first season.

BField has mentioned that the kid has put in a ton of work shooting during his RS season and that is nice and all but if a kid whose flaw was shooting wasn't busting his tail working on his shot I would be truly alarmed.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Great interview but I think I counted over 200 "ya knows" lol.

Reaction Score
The nut swing was the team and the Boneyard in perfect unison. I suspect the team saw the Senhor awards during season. That was some of the greatest post season mojo I have ever seen and probably the BY at its funniest, that's saying a lot.

@tcf15 @Deepster @temery

(And yes Tom, I know it won't happen again and I understand why.)

Did he really mention that?

I can’t decide if Senor or Charlie Sheen making us win 11 in a row was my finest hour.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I just want to play harder. I went back and watched 2011 Villanova Kemba gaming winning floater game for the hell of it. We played so much harder then than we do now. I mean it is night and day. I miss that basketball.

Reaction Score
The nut swing was the team and the Boneyard in perfect unison. I suspect the team saw the Senhor awards during season. That was some of the greatest post season mojo I have ever seen and probably the BY at its funniest, that's saying a lot.

@tcf15 @Deepster @temery

(And yes Tom, I know it won't happen again and I understand why.)

I have always wondered if anyone on the team read that Senhor hanging thread where I basically said the team, and specifically Bazz, had no nuts. I think that, if my post in any way got that sideline ritual going, it would be pretty forking incredible. If I ever run into Bazz, I’m gonna ask him.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

I can’t decide if Senor or Charlie Sheen making us win 11 in a row was my finest hour.

Charlie was better in my highly educated, informed, and experienced opinion. The interplay with the women's board was quite possibly this board's finest hour (excl MakersMuppet's post).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Maybe Charlie better mojo, but Senhor was funnier? Definitely 1 and 1a though.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I have always wondered if anyone on the team read that Senhor hanging thread where I basically said the team, and specifically Bazz, had no nuts. I think that, if my post in any way got that sideline ritual going, it would be pretty forking incredible. If I ever run into Bazz, I’m gonna ask him.
I think it was Senhor T Awards during the season, but I don't remember it until post season so it could have been the hanging. (See what I did there?)

Reaction Score
Everyone knew about Charlie...deepster brought Senhor into the mainstream.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I’m not disputing that he gave out the awards. I just turbocharged those two fuzzy nuts into a title.

For every Senhor or Charlie there is the flipside of a disaster like "jason"

please tell me your daughter still has that dumb thing. If we are to win a title this year we need to burn it in a pallet fire at carriage house.

C

Chief00

I'm pretty sure there are NCAA rules against Hurley even watching spring pick up games the guys are playing. Just because he's not mentioning some of the less-used-high-upside guys doesn't mean they won't be featured once he actually gets to working with everyone intensively

True, but no rule about Jim watching the the pick up games - LOL.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
My 2 cents. Winning was about the best recurring mojo I have ever seen. Tiger blood.
It predates this version of the BY. Are there any saved stats for number of posts/views/pages?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom