Hurley / McDermott Post Game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hurley / McDermott Post Game

Reaction Score
Where were the jabs at Borges last night, didn’t notice them in the presser
Hurley talked about the defense and said “precipitous drop” and turned to Borges and said “precipitous right Dave?” - or I thought that’s what I heard. Like he was quoting a Borges article

Reaction Score
Yeah agree McDermott is a good guy and a very good coach. Have to admit I don’t like Ashworth or Scheirman both have that arrogant unlikeable look to them. Kalk is a strange player, hard to read his passion. Miller doesn’t really like to put it on the floor a real catch and shoot guy. Alexander is a very good player but man the guys had him defended very well, always helping.

Don’t want to take away from the great defensive effort but they aren’t a very fast team overall so some of our guys who have man to man issues seems to be guarding much better. Great job no matter!
Personally, I was impressed by Ashworth. Made some nice threes although only two and was quick to the hoop. Creighton dropped off a bit when he went to the bench with foul problems.

Reaction Score
“We have $1 beer night in Omaha.” Hope Dave was listening.
We were at $1 beer night in Omaha. The Creighton crowd was all smiles and jovial when the Jays jumped out to a 16 point lead. But, when the Huskies came back to tie, they got ugly. Really ugly. My wife (UConn class of '78) wasn't too pleased. Almost got into it with a few of Omaha's finest (Creighton assessment of their local alumni base). I had to remind her that it's Creighton, not University of Nebraska, whose fan base is famous for being nice. They even applaud the opposing team that's just beaten them when they walk off the court/field. But, I think we'll pass on $1 beer nights from now on. :cool:

Reaction Score
We were at $1 beer night in Omaha. The Creighton crowd was all smiles and jovial when the Jays jumped out to a 16 point lead. But, when the Huskies came back to tie, they got ugly. Really ugly. My wife (UConn class of '78) wasn't too pleased. Almost got into it with a few of Omaha's finest (Creighton assessment of their local alumni base). I had to remind her that it's Creighton, not University of Nebraska, whose fan base is famous for being nice. They even applaud the opposing team that's just beaten them when they walk off the court/field. But, I think we'll pass on $1 beer nights from now on. :cool:
This makes me want to take the thread off the rails on ponder: which fan bases have you encountered that were generally cool.

Delaware football fans take the cake for me. I was down there when North Dakota State played there and me and my in-laws (a group of eight of us) were all decked out in NDSU gear.

Whether it was tailgate, in-game, or post-game, fans either ignored us completely or went out of their way to talk to us in a fun, bonding type of way.

More on subject, I've seen UConn games in Newark about a half-dozen times and I've never had an issue there. Seton Hall fans, to me, seem generally super knowledgeable, supportive and passionate, but aren't looking for trouble. Oh, Indiana fans at MSG this year seemed cool too.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
I have a hard time liking a coach who talks about plantations.

I hate Creighton and their 6-2 record. I won’t be happy until we’ve passed them.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
More on subject, I've seen UConn games in Newark about a half-dozen times and I've never had an issue there. Seton Hall fans, to me, seem generally super knowledgeable, supportive and passionate, but aren't looking for trouble. Oh, Indiana fans at MSG this year seemed cool too
Seton Hall fans will bust your chops, but do so in a funny way. Likewise, they can take it when you send it back in their direction. I've never had an issue with them.

The Indiana fans in our section at MSG were asshats. But, by the end of the game, they were totally broken, depressed asshats, which is entertaining. Other Indiana fans were fine, in fact I asked one of them where they got a program and he was like "here take mine my buddies got one and will share."

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
My main takeaway from this was about Tristen being "engaged". We could see it early. It certainly seemed to be missing vs Georgetown. We've all seen him turn it on and off and he's just a completely different player when he wants to be. I don't think he gets up to play bad/mediocre teams.

Reaction Score
Yetna is on Fairfields roster but he hasn't played is he injured?
He has been recovering from knee surgery. It sounds like he is getting close - best guess is 2/2 game vs. Iona. That would give him 10 games and post-season to make an impact.

Reaction Score
Also, I have a feeling other teams and their fans feel very similar about Cam Spencer. Again, it’s always nice to have those type of guys on YOUR team, lol.

I thought the exact same thing. You know Spencer is "that" guy on a basketball court. If you're playing against him, you wish he would just shut up and go away. If you're play with him, he just makes the game more fun out there.

Reaction Score
My main takeaway from this was about Tristen being "engaged". We could see it early. It certainly seemed to be missing vs Georgetown. We've all seen him turn it on and off and he's just a completely different player when he wants to be. I don't think he gets up to play bad/mediocre teams.

I don't get really why he becomes disengaged. If anything showcase your game for a chance to make a lot of money. It's not like he's a lock for the first or second round.

MJ1

Reaction Score
I have a hard time liking a coach who talks about plantations.

I hate Creighton and their 6-2 record. I won’t be happy until we’ve passed them.
That may be why two of three players of color transferred out to (Kansas St and Gonzaga) they would be so good if they both stayed.

Reaction Score
I had no idea PTI was still on. I used to love these curmudgeons.
I used to watch it every day 10-15 years ago, was always on in the student union lounge at UConn too. Unfortunately that's also the last time either one of them formed opinions on sports so it's gone pretty downhill since

Reaction Score
I had no idea PTI was still on. I used to love these curmudgeons.
I still love them. I watch it most days either live or I stream it. It is unusual to see Tony in the studio. He has only be in studio a few times since Covid. Usually he broadcasts from his attic. Tony is now 75.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom