Hurley Hauling Talent..Can He Coach Them? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hurley Hauling Talent..Can He Coach Them?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Just making a point can he coach them? Needs to win some big games. At least get out of the first round. Just sayin.. No dis. Just facts. Needs to win post season games. Isn't that the type of program we are?
The number of wins Hurley has in March won't change until at least this upcoming March. Will we need to read posts over the next six months about how he hasn't yet won an NCAA tournament game with UConn? It may make more sense to wait until the tournament actually begins,

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
The number of wins Hurley has in March won't change until at least this upcoming March. Will we need to read posts over the next six months about how he hasn't yet won an NCAA tournament game with UConn? It may make more sense to wait until the tournament actually begins,
Unfortunately, it's low-hanging fruit for those who would rather be right than happy.

Reaction Score
Eh, we didn't do much of anything to stop him. Kid had a heck of a game but we had a dozen ways we could have beat them, and did nothing but the same old thing. That loss was on Hurley. I'm sure the staff has spent time this summer working on developing some game-plan flexibility.
He was hitting circus shots and they barely won.

Reaction Score
Does Hurley have the support team to negotiate March? KO had that playoff staff and they were amazing. Weren’t we underdogs the whole way?

Reaction Score
We have laid an egg in back to back tourney losses and even so in the conference tourney losses I’m sorry those are the facts, and Hurley knows this. Of course there will be those with the hot takes the Hurley homers are equivalent to the Brian Cashman homers. Experience matters and I’m hoping Hurley is able to adapt. Somehow, someway Hurley needs to gain that clutch gene.

Reaction Score
The shelves are getting loaded but wins in March is what matters….No doubt Hurley is building the culture but we need wins in March to be relevant again.
If he can and with Jay lea ing Villanova UCONN could/should win the Big East outright. Maybe a BE tourney championship or atheist reach the finals. The talent is there to be a second d weekend tourney team. Frankly the tournament is such a crapshoot you just never know.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
The shelves are getting loaded but wins in March is what matters….No doubt Hurley is building the culture but we need wins in March to be relevant again.
No. He can't coach them. This was a question?

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
He was hitting circus shots and they barely won.
No doubt. But I’d be on board with your statement if we scored more than 63 points. Hard to say “should have won” when we scored that few…

Reaction Score
Does Hurley have the support team to negotiate March? KO had that playoff staff and they were amazing. Weren’t we underdogs the whole way?
Glenn F. N. Miller

Reaction Score
You can't leave Shabazz off that list.
True. We've been granted 2 all time leaders in K E A and Shabazz ... that weren't bound for NBA stardom at all. 'Bazz all the more amazing as no one on that team did anything in The League. DD had the raw skill set but.....

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
No doubt. But I’d be on board with your statement if we scored more than 63 points. Hard to say “should have won” when we scored that few…
You’re right, but it’s not like the New Mexico State coach out coached Hurley, his offensive game plan was “give it to Teddy and get out of his way.” His star player just went ballistic at the perfect time, and we win the game if he plays even slightly worse. Did anyone in the tournament score more than Teddy that game?

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
You’re right, but it’s not like the New Mexico State coach out coached Hurley, his offensive game plan was “give it to Teddy and get out of his way.” His star player just went ballistic at the perfect time, and we win the game if he plays even slightly worse. Did anyone in the tournament score more than Teddy that game?
In game, I agree Hurley was not out coached on Xs and Os. Even with Teddy having an unreal game, he had the defense playing well.

But 22 points in the first half was unacceptable, and then the team came out flat to start the second half. While Hurley isn’t the one shooting the ball, the coaching staff still shoulders some blame when a team plays as tight as we did.

Either way, I still have full confidence Hurley will eventually be a very successful coach in March, despite the last 2 seasons results.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom