Hurley haters, take the weekend off | The Boneyard

Hurley haters, take the weekend off

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
They need a break.

Reaction Score
This was a well coached game by Hurley and his staff.

— His subbing was exceptional in both halves.
— Bringing Clingan back in with 2 fouls in the first half was the move in order to giver Sanogo rest as he was gassed. Sanogo was brought back in and produced at the end of the half. In that span, Hurley used one of his timeouts with a couple of minutes left to get more rest for the guys.
—A well used TO in the second half after Creighton went on a 14-2 run. UConn then responded with a run of their own.
— Second half full court pressure and trapping took Creighton out of their rhythm and produced turnovers, including back to back by Nembhard with Diarra all over him.
— Going more minutes with the starters was needed in a game like this. The flow of BE basketball these last few games has not been suitable for Calcattera‘s play.

A great bounce back game by the coaches and players.

Reaction Score
I thought both coaches brought at peast their A- game tonight. Ultimately, they couldn't shoot and turned it over too much to win.

We couldn't rebound and our guards can't drive, but post play and hustle put it away.

Reaction Score
This was a well coached game by Hurley and his staff.

— His subbing was exceptional in both halves.
— Bringing Clingan back in with 2 fouls in the first half was the move in order to giver Sanogo rest as he was gassed. Sanogo was brought back in and produced at the end of the half. In that span, Hurley used one of his timeouts with a couple of minutes left to get more rest for the guys.
—A well used TO in the second half after Creighton went on a 14-2 run. UConn then responded with a run of their own.
— Second half full court pressure and trapping took Creighton out of their rhythm and produced turnovers, including back to back by Nembhard with Diarra all over him.
— Going more minutes with the starters was needed in a game like this. The flow of BE basketball these last few games has not been suitable for Calcattera‘s play.

A great bounce back game by the coaches and players.
Agree with all of this, he coached a good game but waited too long to play Clingan second half. Loved that he played him with 2 fouls in the first half.

Reaction Score
lmao we still looked bad, was just masked by a terrible shooting performance from Creighton (many of which were wide open so I wouldn’t be so quick to credit our D).

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
lmao we still looked bad, was just masked by a terrible shooting performance from Creighton (many of which were wide open so I wouldn’t be so quick to credit our D).
Creighton did play like absolute dookie in the 2nd half. It was bizarre. All those offensive rebounds for nothing.

Can’t believe McDermott let Sanogo beat him too.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Bringing Clingan back in with 2 fouls in the first half was the move in order to giver Sanogo rest as he was gassed.
I didn’t like it in real time, but it ended up paying off for us.

Reaction Score
Stunning how the coaches stop sucking when the FT disparity goes away and your star player plays up to his standard. Must be a coincidence?
So the refs didn’t hate him today? Phew…

Reaction Score
Definitely had a better game today. It helped that we shot way better from 3, Sanogo dominated (and was rarely doubled), and we only turned it over five times. When that formula plays out, we can beat anyone.

It’s about what happens when things don’t go according to plan that some of us still have concerns. I won’t be changing my mind until we get to at least the second weekend of the NCAAs

Last edited:

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
They shot terribly, but our pressure defense never let them get into a rhythm. It can happen to good teams & in the prior two games, it happened to us.

Room for improvement in all areas, but a good win against a top-50 level team.

Reaction Score
It for sure needs to be his next step as a coach. Needs to start winning more games on the road in conference when things aren't going their way. Wednesday in Milwaukee is important.
He finally made in game adjustment today (the press) and lo and behold…..it worked!!

Reaction Score
The defense was stifling. Creighton rushed a lot of shots to avoid having Andre Jackson in their face
that tends to happen. When they have to work hard to get open shots, and then they finally get some they rush it and feel more pressure because they know they might not get many open looks. Also, their starters play a lot of minutes which means their legs get tired and once that happens perimeter shooting goes wayside.

I am not gonna lie though, I was relieved when some of Scheirman's shots missed. I have seen him get hot and he can score in bunches.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom