Hurley Has To Pull A Rabbit Out Of A Hat | The Boneyard

Hurley Has To Pull A Rabbit Out Of A Hat

Reaction Score
Very happy with the win, but I certainly see the offensive issues that have plagued the team for the past two games. It's impossible not to notice.

I also see it as an opportunity. The offensive needs work, Bouk looks sloppy and unmotivated. Hurley has an opportunity to turn it all around and get the team playing right in the next few games. Prove who he is as a coach.

We won tonight. We have some control of our own destiny. Anything is possible.

Reaction Score
That really seems like somebody thats unmotivated.
D87976A9-8B9E-4AA1-93F4-D14C48D1BAC4.png

Reaction Score
All I want to see is improvement from Hurley game to game. It would be nice if eventually all the improvements show up in the same game, but so far that's yet to happen. Tonight the lineup usage showed up and the timeout usage left

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
There are so many undisciplined passes every game. Passes that are thrown at a teammates ankle, passes from impossible angles, both PG's trying one handed passes out to wings, terrible passes up the court during fast breaks and transitions. It's mind numbingly bad for this level of basketball.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
We have one player who can create his own shot. That’s a problem that isn’t getting resolved this season.
Our offense will come around we have options dump down to Sanogo, Polley in rhythm, Cole in the PnR, second chance points with an ELITE offensive rebounding team. We’ll be ok.

Reaction Score
He played like hot garbage but still put up 20-10. That’s how good he is. Too many turnovers, poor D, standing around. He looks tired and unfocused, but is special enough to be able to turn it on and off. On the whole, the offensive scheme or whatever Hurley thinks it is, is an unsustainable disaster and needs to be fixed. Thank goodness for RJ. He carried the team on his back on both ends of the court. Hurley has to get Martin in the flow. Sonogo is not a scorer. Polley is a conundrum. Whaley is ok but not consistent. Jackson seems to be looking more lost with each game. Hurley has enough pieces to work with if there was any semblance of a strategy beyond Bouk do your thing.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
There are so many undisciplined passes every game. Passes that are thrown at a teammates ankle, passes from impossible angles, both PG's trying one handed passes out to wings, terrible passes up the court during fast breaks and transitions. It's mind numbingly bad for this level of basketball.
Also, it seems when the passes are dumped low, they are ankle high our bigs seem never to be ready. Bobble the ball or it gets stolen.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
That was a chippy, backyard brawl game. If you watched closely a lot of players were talking trash and going after Bouknight and Cole aggressively.

Hence why Bouknight drove the floor 90’ past 5 Hoyas and 5 uncalled fouls and threw down an emphatic exclamation point. He’s not unmotivated. We got the final punch.

Reaction Score
They look like lazy passes with no intention.

One aspect of the Nova game that I enjoyed as a BB fan was Nova's ability to make the extra pass and share the ball. I can remember a number of times that they passed around the key/perimeter without the ball ever touching the floor and eventually landing in the hands of a shooter for an open jump shot.

BTW.I thought UConn defended their 3 pt shooting fairly well that game but it was the passing that caught my eye.

Reaction Score
sanogo needs to be running pnr drills 6 hours a day until next season starts. He has talent but only one arrow in his quiver right now.

Reaction Score
He played like hot garbage but still put up 20-10. That’s how good he is. Too many turnovers, poor D, standing around. He looks tired and unfocused, but is special enough to be able to turn it on and off. On the whole, the offensive scheme or whatever Hurley thinks it is, is an unsustainable disaster and needs to be fixed. Thank goodness for RJ. He carried the team on his back on both ends of the court. Hurley has to get Martin in the flow. Sonogo is not a scorer. Polley is a conundrum. Whaley is ok but not consistent. Jackson seems to be looking more lost with each game. Hurley has enough pieces to work with if there was any semblance of a strategy beyond Bouk do your thing.
Which means that other players have to step up. RJ stepped up. DH's game management is a work in progress. But he definitely is a motivator. He can't go on the court with them to show how it's done. Bouk, RJ, and Martin need to be the big dawgs!

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
We have one player who can create his own shot. That’s a problem that isn’t getting resolved this season.
And our offense smothers him so he can’t create.

Reaction Score
They look like lazy passes with no intention.

One aspect of the Nova game that I enjoyed as a BB fan was Nova's ability to make the extra pass and share the ball. I can remember a number of times that they passed around the key/perimeter without the ball ever touching the floor and eventually landing in the hands of a shooter for an open jump shot.

BTW.I thought UConn defended their 3 pt shooting fairly well that game but it was the passing that caught my eye.
Lou Carneseca consistently taught and employed that strategy of passing without the ball touching the floor, and his players minimized dribbling.

Maybe the players are not making themselves available for the passes by not creating spacing by not moving without the ball.

Inconsistent ball handling by Bouk, but his overall skills put us over the top.

Still, I think 3 more wins in a row are possible.

Reaction Score
And our offense smothers him so he can’t create.
does it, though? georgetown had success where villanova did -- they doubled him off of pick-and-rolls and he turned it over. he had a couple of chances to go one-on-one in this game and passed them up. we were trying to push the bull in the first half and it was a disaster. hurley ran a few plays for him in the second half that worked well.

i don't know what's going on with bouknight, but i think the tendency of some on this board to blame the coach for everything is a little unfounded.

Reaction Score
The Polley pass to Martin that got stolen and Martin promptly made a block on the fast break was one of the weakest passes I've ever seen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom