Hurley: 'Finding a General Manager is a top priority' | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hurley: 'Finding a General Manager is a top priority'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Outside the box candidate. John Dorsey UConn grad and former KC and Cleveland GM. Currently senior personnel executive with Detroit Lions. Probably can’t match NFL $$.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Good article here from Borges.

Main takeaways:

1) Staff will be focusing on 2024 recruiting until Jackson and Newton make their final decisions in a month from now.
2) Kimani and Luke will both be here next year
3) Hurley's main priority with the staff is hiring a GM, which is what Duke did last year, and Nova just did a week ago.

"In college basketball, it's an organization," Hurley said. "With re-recruitment of players in the program, the portal, there's a lot of things going on. If you're a top-level organization in college basketball or college football, you need someone who looks at themselves as a GM, for dealing with scheduling, the conference, NIL, raising money. It's almost more important than critical staff members."

Anyone got any good names to throw into the mix? An ex-player? AAU guy?

Brad Stevens would be my first choice.

Reaction Score
Not saying it's the same at all, but didn't KO hire one of his buddies right after he won the NC. For some suspicious potentially made up role. Again, not saying a GM would be a made up role for one of DH's high school buddies.

Reaction Score
Not saying it's the same at all, but didn't KO hire one of his buddies right after he won the NC. For some suspicious potentially made up role. Again, not saying a GM would be a made up role for one of DH's high school buddies.
So you're saying KO would be the right guy?

Reaction Score
I don't know any by name, but any successful agent with experience representing college players to get the best NBA contracts possible, would at least know the names of people with the business acumen necessary for the task at hand.

The agent would have experience to know who can pull the levers.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Next step should be signing players to contracts. 2 or 3 years with only escspe being departure of head coach. If its a business and players get incentives, make it more like a business that can plan better.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Mr. Hot Ballz!!!
Enthusiasm unmatched. I’ll give him that. I really am a fan of his work. But would you hire him to run your Arbys franchise store? That’s my litmus test.

200.gif

Reaction Score
Are any of the former UConn players active as agents, in advertising/marketing, or front office roles?

Craig Austrie and his wife are crushing it on TikTok. If that counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom