Hurley: 'Finding a General Manager is a top priority' | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hurley: 'Finding a General Manager is a top priority'

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Click on messages of the other two candidates regarding a challenge between them.

superman-missed-the-joke.gif

Reaction Score
I think a woman would be a great addition to the overall staff. Swin was mentioned previously and I think it's a great idea though it is likely a pay cut. I also don't know if she is qualified but I remember Caroline Doty worked with Nike.

This answer

Reaction Score
Depending on the professional development he’s gotten with Bouk (specifically making connections, etc) and familiarity with the program & DH. Tripp? (Granted, 0 idea or expectation of what the job salary wise would be)

Reaction Score
Depending on the professional development he’s gotten with Bouk (specifically making connections, etc) and familiarity with the program & DH. Tripp? (Granted, 0 idea or expectation of what the job salary wise would be)
Yeah. That’s not gonna happen.

Reaction Score
Yup was just gonna say this. It has to be someone who is connected in the business side of the basketball world. Swin Cash is currently the VP of basketball operations for the Pelicans. She could be a potential candidate.

Also Caron Butler...although he is an actual coach for the Heat, not a front office guy
Swin Cash would be ideal. I'm assuming Geno would also consider a GM. I'm not sure that one person could be the GM for both programs but here's a vote for Swin. @August_West I hesitated to basically duplicate your and @aburks41 post, but figured more voices behind this long shot hire, the better

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Although that’s gotta be a demotion from her current gig.
True, but I imagine that she has had lower level assistants who could do the job well and would see it as a step forward.

I'd be surprised if she couldn't recommend someone.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Swin Cash would be ideal. I'm assuming Geno would also consider a GM. I'm not sure that one person could be the GM for both programs but here's a vote for Swin. @August_West I hesitated to basically duplicate your and @aburks41 post, but figured more voices behind this long shot hire, the better

I’ve been assuming the person would oversee both programs. Although that could be more of a challenge at schools like UConn with two premier programs.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
10 years ago he’d be the top pick I assume he could still kill it if he wanted, but we won’t pay as much as what he makes ( and shouldn’t) . It would be fun to see someone come to the light side of the force, you can tell he wants to. But yeah, never. Swin would have take a huge cut too but she bleeds blue
Jay Bilas is the only Dookie I actually like and respect. Although Coach K had some very nice words to say about UConn, Calhoun, and Hurley so it’s hard for me to dislike him anymore.

Reaction Score
Craig Austrie and his wife are crushing it on TikTok. If that counts.
Not that TikTok matters, but Austrie has been an absolute man his whole career. He’s smart, tough, ambitious and classy. Not a bad consideration. Probably, the best suggestion yet, along with Emeka.

Reaction Score
Jay Bilas is the only Dookie I actually like and respect. Although Coach K had some very nice words to say about UConn, Calhoun, and Hurley so it’s hard for me to dislike him anymore.
Interesting you say that. I will always like Donny Marshall because he is part of the UConn family even though I don't always love his announcing. But there are a lot of UConn fans that hate Marshall's announcing. When I was reading the Duke forum I noticed a lot of their fans hate Jay Bilas. I like Bilas a ton. Deep down you know he wants Duke to win, but you would never be able to tell by the way he announces games unlike Dick Vitale.

P.S. I am glad Dick Vitale has made a great recovery from cancer, but I hated watching him announce Duke games.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Interesting you say that. I will always like Donny Marshall because he is part of the UConn family even though I don't always love his announcing. But there are a lot of UConn fans that hate Marshall's announcing. When I was reading the Duke forum I noticed a lot of their fans hate Jay Bilas. I like Bilas a ton. Deep down you know he wants Duke to win, but you would never be able to tell by the way he announces games unlike Dick Vitale.

P.S. I am glad Dick Vitale has made a great recovery from cancer, but I hated watching him announce Duke games.
Years and years ago I thought Dickie V was unique and humorous but shortly thereafter he transformed to Duke’s biggest fan. That’s why he became too annoying for me to ever listen to unless he was doing a UConn game, which left me no choice. Bilas seems unbiased and I give him credit for picking UConn to win before the tournament began.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score

I really enjoyed Donny as a player and the teams he was on were and always will be special. While I would rather he not do many UConn games, I could never dislike him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom