Hurley & co putting in the work for Precious | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Hurley & co putting in the work for Precious

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Off topic but has anyone else noticed how big Gaffney’s hands and feet are for his size? They’re YUGE. Highly indicative of someone who isn’t done growing. Hopefully kid is like 6’4 by the time he suits up for us.

Kawahi Leonard upside?

Reaction Score
Haha just stumbled upon Kofis snapchat and he posted a video last night at Bradley airport
Screenshot_20190121-214357_Snapchat.jpg
with Cole Anthony putting on a UConn hat, pointing at him, and nodding. Hahahah

Reaction Score
I watched most of the game today and the observations I'd make (totally those of a casual fan with no real expertise) about how Precious looked today are:
-Very athletic and strong looking (especially compared to our forwards).
-Quick on defense staying with his man and getting in the lanes to deflect passes/get steals.
-He seemed out of sorts for the whole first half and much of the second half. For example, he'd look as if he was thinking to shoot a jumper and then decided to drive and wouldn't make the shot or would get it stolen.
-His shot looked awful in this game (whereas the announcers said he had a huge day Saturday). No touch from three or from five feet. At least twice he put up a five foot shot that missed long by a foot or two.
-Drove a couple times where he just threw up a prayer that wasn't close to being answered.
-Didn't always follow his guards who got out on the break. Would stop at half court and at least one time the shot was missed and he was not there for a rebound or putback.
-Halfway through the final quarter he seemed to come out of the funk and had a couple nice plays for scores.

Reaction Score
Achuiwas game reminds me a lot of Stanley Robinson. Maybe a little more fluid but very similar.

Yes, if any former player it would be Stanley, with some Rudy Gay mixed in. Good observation.

Reaction Score
Haha just stumbled upon Kofis snapchat and he posted a video last night at Bradley airport View attachment 38571 with Cole Anthony putting on a UConn hat, pointing at him, and nodding. Hahahah
OK. Is there a point to gather from this? Busting our collective balls?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Is Zionn ever wrong though? I mean Next is pretty self explanatory, but has he ever Next someone and they ended up choosing UConn?
Danial Hamilton transferring after sophomore year was only “Next” he was wrong. He took a lot of heat for that one and avoided this forum after that.

Bottom line is he’s not infallible. No one is. But his track record is very good. So there is hope.

Reaction Score
Even though they are different players/positions, getting Precious I think exposes us to the situation we had with Drummond, kid was an athletic freak of nature but our offense completely sputtered that year because on the offensive end he was (still is lol) so raw and immature in his decision making. I've only seen highlights of Precious so I could be talking nonsense, but I think it's a legit risk. Having said that, we need all the size we can get so I'd still take him in a heartbeat, but I think Precious would be more of a 10 and 8 guy than an 18 and 8 guy in his likely brief college career.

Reaction Score
Even though they are different players/positions, getting Precious I think exposes us to the situation we had with Drummond, kid was an athletic freak of nature but our offense completely sputtered that year because on the offensive end he was (still is lol) so raw and immature in his decision making. I've only seen highlights of Precious so I could be talking nonsense, but I think it's a legit risk. Having said that, we need all the size we can get so I'd still take him in a heartbeat, but I think Precious would be more of a 10 and 8 guy than an 18 and 8 guy in his likely brief college career.
I'll take 10 and 8 if he is as good a defender as people bill him to be. I do however find it hard to believe a five star player wouldn't put up more than 10 a game in the American based off of athletic ability alone. I doubt he'll come here but if he does it'll be nice to see an NBA player at Gampel again.

Reaction Score

I gotta be honest. And i'll happily devour my words if i'm wrong with salt on top.

I wasn't wild about him. I saw him both nights. Obviously athletic. Freakishly so. But he's a high ceiling lower-ish floor guy than I think people realize. I see what NBA scouts see in him, he helps for sure, but I mean... don't expect the next Donyell Marshall to be rolling through the doors is all.

Reaction Score
I'll take 10 and 8 if he is as good a defender as people bill him to be. I do however find it hard to believe a five star player wouldn't put up more than 10 a game in the American based off of athletic ability alone. I doubt he'll come here but if he does it'll be nice to see an NBA player at Gampel again.
Ha, true... my mind was stuck in 2012 when I was writing that, I guess

Reaction Score

Still insane how Coach Calhoun, Drummond, Napier, Boatright, Daniels, Giffey, and Lamb couldn't click in college. They even had Roscoe & Oriahki.

Reaction Score
Sorry I don't know this, but who else is recruiting Precious, and do you think we have a realistic chance?

Reaction Score
Still insane how Coach Calhoun, Drummond, Napier, Boatright, Daniels, Giffey, and Lamb couldn't click in college. They even had Roscoe & Oriahki.
If I remember correctly, a major problem with that team was that AO and Drummond just could not play together at all. No chemistry, and our guards were still too young to compensate for the interior offensive dysfunction.

Reaction Score
Losing Kemba hurt that much...

Reaction Score
Sorry I don't know this, but who else is recruiting Precious, and do you think we have a realistic chance?

St. Johns, Kansas, and UNC. It will be a battle, but it's possible. Zion did next for whatever reason, but half our team and the whole staff watched him yesterday. We're in play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom