Hurley @ Brewster Academy to see Kadary Richmond | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hurley @ Brewster Academy to see Kadary Richmond

Reaction Score
I am not a UConn insider in any way, nor do I have access to news about UConn. So it isn't that kind of news.
sooooooo, what kind of news is it? Kind of a vague premonition.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
@HuskyHawk lives in Kansas near NCAA headquarters ... and he goes to the car wash ... need I say more?

I live in Massachusetts actually. But I used to live in KS when the NCAA HQ was there (moved to Indianapolis). I even worked one floor below the law firm that represented the NCAA and had two friends who worked there.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Assuming they went from CT to NH and returned in the same day, that is a hell of an effort with a bad back. Brownie points to Hurley. With Jackson reported to be officially visiting us this weekend, for Hurley to put out that effort with a bad back, it seems clear that Richmond is coveted. Based on the timing, they were obviously using some soft pressure giving him a chance to commit ahead of Jackson's visit or risk that Jackson might commit for that spot. Good plan but outcome unknown.

As a side note, somebody tell Dan that any of the staff can stay at my place when their visiting Brewster. Save the state the cost of a hotel. My only charge is a little bit of first hand gossip to pass on to the boneyard.

Let me stay and I'll wear no pants, eat all your food
I agree. Although I am just a fan of basketball (no recruiting guru) - I always felt as though recruiting players that have a knack for scoring and high ball IQ were the best choices. And that teaching a young person how to defend was easier than teaching them how to score - or make it easier for others to score. This young man has that knack to me - kinda like RJ or even Kemba. It's really nice to see his height and length - theoretically that gives him some weapons to defend with proper coaching. Height is always great, length is always great, strength has become mandatory in the game today... but the knack for getting the ball in the hole seems to be developed prior to arriving at a place where his game can be completed or finished into a terrific player on a team. I like what I see but I'm no coach or expert. Things that always impress me for people in this group are steals, assists, knacks for scoring or helping others to score. Rebounding at the HS level can misleading at times due lack of height across the board. I think he might be a good player for us. Lots of interesting features. There are a lot of nice players out there - I'll trust the staff - they know what they are doing - I don't. But I must agree on the 'shiftiness' observation, ball handling, matchup problems, and the willingness to attack the rim. Nice attributes to possess in a developing player. Seems like terrific piece of clay to work with - and he seems like a good young man. Danny knows what he is doing - just too much basketball blood there.

Hey, we agree on something! Haha.

Totally agree on the defense thing. No one plays D in hs. Watch macduffie or westtown games. Our recruits were lazy. They all are. If you find WINNERS with a chip on their shoulder, they will do what it takes to win, including change defensive intensity

Reaction Score
@HuskyHawk lives in Kansas near NCAA headquarters ... and he goes to the car wash ... need I say more?
NCAA is not in Kansas anymore Dorothy. Poor folks of Indianapolis have that burden now.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Yes.

Edit: got answered a couple posts later.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I live in Massachusetts actually. But I used to live in KS when the NCAA HQ was there (moved to Indianapolis). I even worked one floor below the law firm that represented the NCAA and has two friends who worked there.
Investigation of program? I still maintain these investigations only make the most dirty programs push the envelope of irregularities believing they have nothing to lose.

To use a Boneyard phrase corrupt boosters are all “In Before” sanctions.

Reaction Score
This thread is already about chief? Why won't mods put a stop to this?
due to a some recent prostate issues, i have been spending a great deal of time in the gampel and xl center restrooms. during these visits, i have uncovered an underground uconn insider ring, that go by the codename “urinal”. it turns out that Chief and several well placed boneyard mods are working together, and have been for some time. i have not yet been able to uncover their motives, most of their conversations have been incomprehensible, but i suspect that they have been speaking in code.

i’ve already said too much...

Reaction Score
I understand the desire to be vague (recruiting is fluid and NO ONE really knows), but for some of us who struggle with reading between the lines, please spell it out...as clearly as possible. Much appreciated.

Reaction Score
I understand the desire to be vague (recruiting is fluid and NO ONE really knows), but for some of us who struggle with reading between the lines, please spell it out...as clearly as possible. Much appreciated.

Seemed like a lock. Reopened his recruitment after getting to brewster. There's no absolutes with 17 year oldd

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This thread is already about chief? Why won't mods put a stop to this?
and ban everyone who talks about Chief? That seems harsh.

GoDAWGS

"I Love Whaley"
Reaction Score
hmmm. Future schedule additions? Commitment? Can't be that big otherwise Chief would have said so by now.
Was the news Subog joined forces with first night to host a concert?

C

Chief00

New Hampshire - Who could have thought 25 years ago that the basketball recruiting Grind would so often lead to New Hampshire? We have Brewster with out of state players and various refugee populations now settled in Manchester and elsewhere. Akok Akok comes to mind.
I remember after Calhoun visited Caron Butler at Maine Central Academy - he was struck by just how things were still so backwards in Northern New England. I guess things have changed for the better since then with local people offering the staff and Chief lodging etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom