Hurley @ Brewster Academy to see Kadary Richmond | The Boneyard

Hurley @ Brewster Academy to see Kadary Richmond

Reaction Score
Richmond’s recruitment in general is one that is very much in flux. He showed up to Brewster, and the level and number of college coaches they have visiting and getting in contact with Jason is unlike what he’s experienced before. No one should be mad at the young man. He’s making an important choice and should take all the necessary steps. At the same time, he understands that teams won’t wait forever. Today is getting everybody on the same page and seeing where they all stand.

ETA: and I should have added that I don’t yet know if the result was ok, best wishes to you, kid or great, let’s work to get you on campus in the next few weeks.

Last edited:

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
Richmond’s recruitment in general is one that is very much in flux. He showed up to Brewster, and the level and number of college coaches they have visiting and getting in contact with Jason is unlike what he’s experienced before. No one should be mad at the young man. He’s making an important choice and should take all the necessary steps. At the same time, he understands that teams won’t wait forever. Today is getting everybody on the same page and seeing where they all stand.
Thank you , clears things up..

Reaction Score
Live look at Hurley strolling into Brewster's gym:

Image result for walking with huge neck brace gif

Reaction Score
Assuming they went from CT to NH and returned in the same day, that is a hell of an effort with a bad back. Brownie points to Hurley. With Jackson reported to be officially visiting us this weekend, for Hurley to put out that effort with a bad back, it seems clear that Richmond is coveted. Based on the timing, they were obviously using some soft pressure giving him a chance to commit ahead of Jackson's visit or risk that Jackson might commit for that spot. Good plan but outcome unknown.

As a side note, somebody tell Dan that any of the staff can stay at my place when their visiting Brewster. Save the state the cost of a hotel. My only charge is a little bit of first hand gossip to pass on to the boneyard.

C

Chief00

Assuming they went from CT to NH and returned in the same day, that is a hell of an effort with a bad back. Brownie points to Hurley. With Jackson reported to be officially visiting us this weekend, for Hurley to put out that effort with a bad back, it seems clear that Richmond is coveted. Based on the timing, they were obviously using some soft pressure giving him a chance to commit ahead of Jackson's visit or risk that Jackson might commit for that spot. Good plan but outcome unknown.

As a side note, somebody tell Dan that any of the staff can stay at my place when their visiting Brewster. Save the state the cost of a hotel. My only charge is a little bit of first hand gossip to pass on to the boneyard.

Thanks - Chief will keep that open house in mind next time at Brewster.
Let’s get busy!

Reaction Score
For sure. His shiftiness, handle at his size create major matchup probs
I agree. Although I am just a fan of basketball (no recruiting guru) - I always felt as though recruiting players that have a knack for scoring and high ball IQ were the best choices. And that teaching a young person how to defend was easier than teaching them how to score - or make it easier for others to score. This young man has that knack to me - kinda like RJ or even Kemba. It's really nice to see his height and length - theoretically that gives him some weapons to defend with proper coaching. Height is always great, length is always great, strength has become mandatory in the game today... but the knack for getting the ball in the hole seems to be developed prior to arriving at a place where his game can be completed or finished into a terrific player on a team. I like what I see but I'm no coach or expert. Things that always impress me for people in this group are steals, assists, knacks for scoring or helping others to score. Rebounding at the HS level can misleading at times due lack of height across the board. I think he might be a good player for us. Lots of interesting features. There are a lot of nice players out there - I'll trust the staff - they know what they are doing - I don't. But I must agree on the 'shiftiness' observation, ball handling, matchup problems, and the willingness to attack the rim. Nice attributes to possess in a developing player. Seems like terrific piece of clay to work with - and he seems like a good young man. Danny knows what he is doing - just too much basketball blood there.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I expect news today that may help us with some recruits, if not Richmond.
hmmm. Future schedule additions? Commitment? Can't be that big otherwise Chief would have said so by now.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
hmmm. Future schedule additions? Commitment? Can't be that big otherwise Chief would have said so by now.

I am not a UConn insider in any way, nor do I have access to news about UConn. So it isn't that kind of news.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom