Hurley breaks down the 21-22 roster | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hurley breaks down the 21-22 roster

Reaction Score
This is his senior year already, and it's really already a super senior year because it's his 5th year. Returning for his 6th year of college is far from a given
Thats a fair point but i can easily envision him coming back especially if his draft status isnt greatly improved and we are a serious contender for a title next season. No im not saying we arent a contender this season.

Reaction Score
Thats a fair point but i can easily envision him coming back especially if his draft status isnt greatly improved and we are a serious contender for a title next season. No im not saying we arent a contender this season.
I'm definitely on the same page, I think he'll likely come back and we're a legitimate Final 4 team next year if he does. Just don't think it's a given he does, he may just want to start a professional career overseas

Reaction Score
RJ has another year? This is news to me.
Remember, last season didn't count towards your 4 years of playing. He played 2 seasons at Howard. Last year didn't count. This season is year 3. Next season would be year 4. Of course he'd then be in college for 6 years (2 at Howard and 4 at UConn because he also sat out the year he transferred into UConn). Who knows if he wants to be in college for 6 years, although he'd have a free masters degree when he was done.

Reaction Score
He expects Johnson to be a 2-3 player and onto the league. This kid is improving SO FAST. Awesome to see.

His comments on Akok whenever I see them really seem to suggest tempering expectations.

Happy to see him say Rese had a good summer as well. If he gets more consistent and can play that 2-4 position for us, we are a much better team for it.

Just as an FYI in the full interview (@Storrs South posted the video) he says he expects Adama, Whaley, and Akok to all play starter minutes

Reaction Score
Crazy depth and roster flexibility that will be influenced by match-ups/foul-situations/hot hand/game flow. Less about who starts rather than who is finishing games.

Nice to see DH giving Springs some props. Will be a valuable bench asset this year in the PT he receives. If some of our BIGs play themselves onto NBA Draft Boards by the end of this year. He will be an important guy to have for the 22/23 season. If he is an outstanding rebounder vs this stacked front court in practices/scrimmages--He's only getting better.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't mind Cole being second leader scorer, but I'd like him closer to 11-12 than 15 ppg. I'd rather see him consistently being the 3rd or 4th scorer while Sanogo is leading scorer and other players step up each night as the #2 scorer.
Scoring 15 ppg means he's approaching 20 points more than occasionally and that's too much offense coming out of the PG spot for me on this team.
When Hurley says he "needs" Cole to be scoring that much for the team to get where it wants to be tells me others haven't stepped up their game enough to score consistently.
I'm okay with Cole but I really like him better as a 3rd or 4th option on a good team.
I like are team better if Cole is having big assist games.

Reaction Score
Weird comment. Harvard has been a solid team for as long as I can remember. Beating them by 16 in a scrimmage is awesome. Pretty sure UConn lost to them in a scrimmage 2 years ago.
They're going to be substantially worse this year. Ivy canceling season set back all their programs a bit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom