Hurley Book Club | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hurley Book Club

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
I sincerely hope you guys are kidding. The subtitle of the book is How to Fall in Love with the Process of Becoming Great.

One of the common complaints about the past year's team was that they were soft, not mentally tough, not focused, etc.

We're in the early stages of a major rebuild. To make it happen, It's going to take more than just court and weight room time. We need a major reboot in mental approach and mental toughness. Reading books like these and reflecting on them with your coach/mentor can only help.

I love seeing this and it makes me even more confident that Hurley's going to do great things for our teams. But I'm just a #30yearcasualfan so what do I know?
Doesn’t mean kids don’t like to read lol

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Purchased.

Same

4E7AED88-5A4D-4D0F-A7C9-E831EF5EA3DC.png

Reaction Score
I read these books they are an easy read for non-readers and teach mental toughness through a story, which makes it far easier to read than something technical or like a textbook.

A lot of teams have used this book, including Iowa State’s football team last year, which had the best year they’ve had in forever. It helps these guys, who’ve been told they are amazing since they started playing basketball to realize the bigger picture and to surrender the outcome and just focus on being great at what you can control (i.e. attitude, effort, how we treat people). Now that they’ve struggled for maybe the first time on the court, they are open to changing their mindset.

This will be great for the team & love what Coach is doing, they needed a mental reboot!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I knew it was a thin book when I ordered it, and I thought it was overpriced. Mine came today too. I will read it first and then decide the value.

Reaction Score
Not sure why so many are negative for Hurley having the kids read a book. They are in college and this isn't North Carolina our kids actually take classes.

Many teams do this and many companies do this all the time. I have read or was assigned, Who Moved My Cheese, for 3 different companies I worked at.

Reaction Score
Many teams do this and many companies do this all the time. I have read or was assigned, Who Moved My Cheese, for 3 different companies I worked at.

... Good to Great and Skin in the Game ;)

Reaction Score
I sincerely hope you guys are kidding. The subtitle of the book is How to Fall in Love with the Process of Becoming Great.

One of the common complaints about the past year's team was that they were soft, not mentally tough, not focused, etc.

We're in the early stages of a major rebuild. To make it happen, It's going to take more than just court and weight room time. We need a major reboot in mental approach and mental toughness. Reading books like these and reflecting on them with your coach/mentor can only help.

I love seeing this and it makes me even more confident that Hurley's going to do great things for our teams. But I'm just a #30yearcasualfan so what do I know?

B.S. all it needs is a healthy point guard; too much soccer mom mentality on here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom