Hurley Book Club | The Boneyard

Hurley Book Club

Reaction Score
Lol what.
This is a fairly common thing coaches will do. I know the women's team did one a few years ago.

After looking up the book, I think it might have even been the same one.

Reaction Score
CV and Jalen seem to like the book

Capture.PNG

GenericPizza

Formerly Blaze
Reaction Score
A buddy of mine that works for a publisher came into my shop the other day. Ordered a salad—he’s doing keto. I threw in a few croutons to give him a hard time. Anyway, he told me team reps just ordered 20 copies of Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul. Must be next on the list

Reaction Score
==> "Guided by "Akira-sensei," John comes to realize the greatest adversity on his journey will be the challenge of defeating the man in the mirror. This powerful story of one boy's journey to achieve his life long goal of becoming a samurai warrior, brings the Train to be Clutch curriculum to life in a powerful and memorable way."

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I’m be down for these guys listening to the ebook while running 5 Miles in sand every day.
You read e-books; you listen to audio books.

I debated doing the audio book instead of the paperback I purchased, but I'm thinking this is the type of book in which I'm likely to want to take notes so I can come back to it for reference; and also perhaps something I'm going to want to pass on to my kids.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
CV and Jalen seem to like the book

View attachment 31947

See, this is good to me. If they're into stuff like this, then they've already bought in fully. Those are the two most important kids to do so--along with Alterique, whom I've always imagined implicitly buys in to whatever he's doing--the most skilled player and the emotional leader.

If either of them were being sarcastic, then I take all that back.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I know of a guy who does mental coaching with college teams. This is one of his favorite books. Not surprised that other coaches are having teams read it.

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
lol book club is not a good look for recruiting. It’s also 99 pages LMAO

Reaction Score
lol book club is not a good look for recruiting. It’s also 99 pages LMAO

First move by Hurley that deeply concerns me.

I sincerely hope you guys are kidding. The subtitle of the book is How to Fall in Love with the Process of Becoming Great.

One of the common complaints about the past year's team was that they were soft, not mentally tough, not focused, etc.

We're in the early stages of a major rebuild. To make it happen, It's going to take more than just court and weight room time. We need a major reboot in mental approach and mental toughness. Reading books like these and reflecting on them with your coach/mentor can only help.

I love seeing this and it makes me even more confident that Hurley's going to do great things for our teams. But I'm just a #30yearcasualfan so what do I know?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom