Hurley agrees to new 6 year contract | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hurley agrees to new 6 year contract

Reaction Score
I expect this to go a lot better than the last time we gave a coach an extension and raise off of a championship!

I’m just glad that Grants closed and there’s no more $1 oysters
But to be serious, this great news. Congrats to Coach. I think even the doubters (except maybe freescooter) have come to realize the guy can coach his ass off.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Congrats coach! Well deserved after a rebuilding job that should be a case study on how to build a winning program back up. From lower tier mid major to national champion!

Reaction Score
Big salary increase for a state school. All projections point to a dramatic enrollment decline by 2025. If we go into a recession, state schools will be in trouble. As long as DH keeps winning and brings in recruits, sports revenue will be a big positive and it will be a good deal for the school. Big 12 is the big elephant in the room.

Reaction Score
This should also allay any concerns that Hurley would use this as a stepping stone job.

Especially having won a championship here, he is going to be a UConn lifer.

Reaction Score
Awesome news. Guess everyone that thinks he's going to bolt if we change conferences can sit down now.
It's just confirmation bias from all sides. Pro Big 12 people will say he was told we're going and that's why we can afford the contract. Pro Big East people will say he was told we're staying and that's the only reason he signed it

Reaction Score
It's just confirmation bias from all sides. Pro Big 12 people will say he was told we're going and that's why we can afford the contract. Pro Big East people will say he was told we're staying and that's the only reason he signed it
UConn is in the Big East and it pays like the enormous national basketball program it is.

People can feel free to pretend it means UConn is heading to the Big 12.

Reaction Score
Big salary increase for a state school. All projections point to a dramatic enrollment decline by 2025. If we go into a recession, state schools will be in trouble. As long as DH keeps winning and brings in recruits, sports revenue will be a big positive and it will be a good deal for the school. Big 12 is the big elephant in the room.
I don’t want to sidetrack at thread that should be surely positive, but there is no evidence that UConn will have an enrollment decline.

You’re right that sports revenue will be a big positive and that this is and will be a good deal for the state. I’d hope we can all agree there.

Applications are way up at the University of Connecticut — again — in what school officials are calling "an extremely competitive pool with a record number of undergraduate applications from around the world."

UConn officials Tuesday said the school has received more than 48,000 applications for its Class of 2027 at Storrs, a significant jump from last year's total of about 43,000. The 2023 application number, officials said, continues a trend in which "the university's appeal has grown so strong that each year's tally exceeds the last."

Reaction Score

If we go into a recession, state schools will be more popular as they were last recession. People second guess spending $75k a year to go to some bumble fk school in Ohio.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I dno, is he really worth that much? I worry giving that much to him at this point.

(Wink)

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
No doubt in my mind. I hope those who argued we couldn't afford to keep him will relax now :)

He's not going anywhere people

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
And to fair, if we didn't make the tournament questions would have been asked.
Entirely appropriate, if that were the case.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom