Huge week...Huge | The Boneyard

Huge week...Huge

• Thread starter Deleted member 3149
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 3149

Couldn't be happier to know we play #17 Memphis and #18 Louisville this week. After the game we had on Saturday, it's safe to say we're ready for the test. This is what UConn basketball is about. Forget the brand name AAC, this week will feature high level programs clashing against one another. I love the fact that we're unranked heading into this, I think it leaves us with a nice little chip on the shoulder. Per usual, let's shock the nation and finish the sweep in Storrs on Saturday night, which conveniently is my birthday. That place is gonna be duck**n rocking and I can't wait to witness the take down of Pastner and Pitino in under 72 hours.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Sat night at Gampel is going to be an absolute zoo.

I've only had season tickets 05/06-12/13, so I'll be missing this game ( in person only) but I have a feeling it's going to go down as an all time Gampel game.

I'm getting fired up just thinking about it.

Reaction Score
If the planets align properly perhaps we can slap a few butts. I was so pleased at the rebounding and ball sharing against UCF, but we will need to bring it double down against the Ville and Memphis. It would be nice for Omar to wake up, but I am afraid he is a lost cause. His body language says " I'm done" no confidence.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
A mid-term exam in the truest sense this week.

UConn's players and coaches will have no doubt about areas of strength and weakness after this week.

I'm anxious to see on Thursday if the team plays with the same energy and enthusiasm that they did Saturday at home or if they play lethargically like they did with the Texas two-step.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I'm anxious to see on Thursday if the team plays with the same energy and enthusiasm that they did Saturday at home or if they play lethargically like they did with the Texas two-step.

If they play lethargically, then that will be a big let down at this point. At a minimum most of us want to see intensity, effort, energy and a competitive game.

Reaction Score
Hopefully the students show up Sat. night.

:)

Reaction Score
I believe they're letting students back on Saturday not the customary Sunday right?

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I believe they're letting students back on Saturday not the customary Sunday right?

Someone on Twitter said they were letting them back on Friday night.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I agree with the OP. Or as Francesa would say "Yuge!"

Reaction Score

This has been the most hyped game by far, students have been talking about it for months now, every student is pumped to come back to school and go to this game. The place is going to be rocking.

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score

For all students reading this post, PLEASE, use your strengths - start the countdown for the shotclock early for Louisville as much as possible. It drives them bonkers and for the big games when I've been there it really messes them up.

Reaction Score
It was good to see UConn play focused basketball for 40 minutes. First time since maybe Florida they've done that. And good to see some rebounding for a change. But i was struck by the comment afterward by one of the players, Shabazz I think, that "we knew our bigs were better than theirs." We beat up on the 210th ranked team in the country, so I think its fair to say the next 2 teams will be a little better. We'll have to get as good play from the front line this week as we got Satuday to beat both those teams.

Reaction Score
For all students reading this post, PLEASE, use your strengths - start the countdown for the shotclock early for Louisville as much as possible. It drives them bonkers and for the big games when I've been there it really messes them up.

Maybe change it up once in a while. Start it early, then start it late.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
THURS:
A road win at Memphis would be huge. Our Texas road trip did not go well. Let's see how the team responds on the road.

SAT:
Students coming back... No classes to worry about yet... Saturday night... Late game... Hosting defending national champs... College gameday on primetime TV... DO WE NEED ANOTHER REASON!?
The students better make Gampel so loud it shakes the old tiles off of the roof! I'll be there.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
THURS:
A road win at Memphis would be huge. Our Texas road trip did not go well. Let's see how the team responds on the road.

FRI:
Students coming back... No classes to worry about yet... Saturday night... Late game... Hosting defending national champs... College gameday on primetime TV... DO WE NEED ANOTHER REASON!?
The students better make Gampel so loud it shakes the old tiles off of the roof! I'll be there.

I think the only likely possibility that the students aren't maybe the most raucous we've ever witnessed would be if too many go overboard with the situation before gametime and pass out drunk in the stands. Students: Get yourself right at the perfect level for endless screaming and cheering, save the passing out for after the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom