How you can tell the season hasn’t started? | The Boneyard

How you can tell the season hasn’t started?

Reaction Score
Easy. You see posts on pizza, songs, tv shows, celebrity deaths, etc., all acts of desperate UConn Boneyarders. Yes, we do need to get lives out of basketball. Yes, it is our time to tell a Hall of Fame coach how to use players we have only seen in edited clips. One month, guys. Spend this time hugging your spouse, read a book, go for a hike.
At least that is what I am telling myself. With the Storm out, I am just as desperate as the next guy, spending every day checking to see when Lou’s Spanish team or Anna’s Polish team starts play.
As for pizza, I want everything but hold the anchovies.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Easy. You see posts on pizza, songs, tv shows, celebrity deaths, etc., all acts of desperate UConn Boneyarders. Yes, we do need to get lives out of basketball. Yes, it is our time to tell a Hall of Fame coach how to use players we have only seen in edited clips. One month, guys. Spend this time hugging your spouse, read a book, go for a hike.
At least that is what I am telling myself. With the Storm out, I am just as desperate as the next guy, spending every day checking to see when Lou’s Spanish team or Anna’s Polish team starts play.
Avenida(Lou's team)plays its first Euroleague game on Thursday. Other teams start on Wednesday.
Here is a link to all of the Euroleague games that are free to watch on Youtube.

The Spanish league is underway. Avenida is 2-0.
They were supposed to play Valencia, one of the top 3 teams in the league, this past Saturday, but both sides agreed to delay the game until early November, as Avenida has 4 WNBA players showing up over the next few days to weeks and Valencia has one player, Bec Allen, not there yet. Makes sense.

Avenidas twitter is https://twitter.com/CBAvenida
They list who is streaming the games. If it is streamed on line it will be at FEB click on the "Feb" tab to see the games. Some games might be on twitter. The Avenida site will list that.
If Avenidas games are on Teledeporte, that is a Spanish tv site, that streams the games. However, you must be in Spain to watch it, or use a VPN that puts your IP in Spain.

Box scores, including live up dates for all Spanish league games can be found at Competiciones FEB
That site also has schedules and stats under the LF Endesa tag on the page.

I will see what I can find out about the Polish league.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Avenida(Lou's team)plays its first Euroleague game on Thursday. Other teams start on Wednesday.
Here is a link to all of the Euroleague games that are free to watch on Youtube.

They were supposed to play Valencia, one of the top 3 teams in the league, this past Saturday, but both sides agreed to delay the game until early November, as Avenida has 4 WNBA players showing up over the next few days to weeks and Valencia has one player, Bec Allen, not there yet. Makes sense.

They list who is streaming the games. If it is streamed on line it will be at FEB click on the "Feb" tab to see the games. Some games might be on twitter. The Avenida site will list that.
If Avenidas games are on Teledeporte, that is a Spanish tv site, that streams the games. However, you must be in Spain to watch it, or use a VPN that puts your IP in Spain.

Box scores, including live up dates for all Spanish league games can be found at Competiciones FEB

I have have a suggestion for you, or anyone else who follows the next "season" of the pro players - maybe start a thread (NOT in the General forum) where people can post updates and comments about all the UCONN players in the pros, how they are doing, how their teams are doing, etc.

I found it fascinating to read about how incredible Gabby played overseas, what a great overseas season Lou had last time out, etc. for all our former players. But it would be a great place to start a thread where there could be one place to find out all the latest info...

Anyway just a thought!

Reaction Score
The Storm might be out but Phoenix is definitely still in!!! Diana, Kia, Bria & Megan

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I looked in the Polish League and I do not see Anna's name.

Anna's sister, Agata, is listed in the league. She is only 16.

Reaction Score
I have have a suggestion for you, or anyone else who follows the next "season" of the pro players - maybe start a thread (NOT in the General forum) where people can post updates and comments about all the UCONN players in the pros, how they are doing, how their teams are doing, etc.

I found it fascinating to read about how incredible Gabby played overseas, what a great overseas season Lou had last time out, etc. for all our former players. But it would be a great place to start a thread where there could be one place to find out all the latest info...

Anyway just a thought!
Agreed. I am a “hometowner,” I only watch the Broncos, the CU women, and for complicated reasons the UConn women. But I love sports and because I have a daughter and a granddaughter I have only coached women’s teams. UConn alums allow me to watch alumnae during U.S. off seasons. I would love a thread, a presence anywhere, where we could follow and, hopefully, watch our women play.

Reaction Score
The Storm might be out but Phoenix is definitely still in!!! Diana, Kia, Bria & Megan
The only reason the Storm is out is Stewie’s injury but, yes, I switched to Phoenix and on other sites went wild over DT’s exploits. For various reasons Coloradans are more comfortable with Seattle than Phoenix. And are pissed we don’t have our own WNBA team, given that we are the pro sports capitol of the interior west.

Reaction Score

Many thanks.

Reaction Score
OK I hugged my wife, read a book, and took a hike, now what! Still a month to go! The games in Tokyo, the 3x3 competitions, and under 19 etc tournaments were great fillers, and First Night will provide entertainment for a day or two, but it seems like we are racing toward the start of the season at glacier speed!

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Update on Avenida--Bella Alarie/Dallas Wings has arrived in Spain.

Man, she's gotta get back to the US soon -- where she can drive a car that's taller than her waist. :p

OC, have you seen the shore line? How's it looking to someone who can see it other than through a screen?

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Man, she's gotta get back to the US soon -- where she can drive a car that's taller than her waist. :p

OC, have you seen the shore line? How's it looking to someone who can see it other than through a screen?
Only seen the shore on the news. The beach closest to me, Laguna Beach, is closed. I thought I read some of the oil has spread south to Dana Point. They are trying to contain it there. Only OC town south of DP is San Clemente, if that gets the spill nearly every surfing area around, from central OC to the San Diego county line will be closed.

I saw the car and laughed, if that is the actual car the team gives her in Spain. No wonder she was stretching in her drills.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

I remember years ago when Wilt Chamberlain bought a sports car and had the front seats taken out. Whatever works.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
If you missed any previously, you can watch replays of the Olympic games, men’s or women’s.

If you go to that link and root around, you can see replays of just about any of the 2020 Olympic sports including the paralympics.

Direct link Tokyo Olympic Games | NBC Olympics

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
TN's shooting percentage and A/TO ratio is the same as UConn's. ;)

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I looked in the Polish League and I do not see Anna's name.

Anna's sister, Agata, is listed in the league. She is only 16.

Anna is coming off of spine surgery and is still a couple of weeks away from joining the team.

She's listed here, but I know this site isn't always the most up to date.

Reaction Score
Also, lot's of fluff and non basketball stories and comments about various Huskies old and new.
Here's an example:
Nice to see we will have a # 33 back on the court.
It was KLS who originally sparked my interest in WCBB in general, and UCONN in particular.
Read something about Lou and Karlie playing with rival programs.
Once I started watching the games, I got hooked on the whole shebang.
I understand Caroline chose it in honor of Larry Bird.
Have to look at some HS game pictures to see if she wore it back then.
Problem is that she might have to endure comparisons to a few other UCONN warriors who have also worn "33"
Although AE is wearing DT's number "3" without any problem.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
It was KLS who originally sparked my interest in WCBB in general, and UCONN in particular.
Maybe in the past, but both Lou and Karlie are both playing on the same team this season, Avenida, in Spain.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Well I read the paper, went walking in the park.... but I don't have a spouse. I guess I could try to find someone else's spouse to hug, but I don't think that would go over that well. :eek:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Also, lot's of fluff and non basketball stories and comments about various Huskies old and new.
Here's an example:
Nice to see we will have a # 33 back on the court.
Once I started watching the games, I got hooked on the whole shebang.
I understand Caroline chose it in honor of Larry Bird.
Have to look at some HS game pictures to see if she wore it back then.
Problem is that she might have to endure comparisons to a few other UCONN warriors who have also worn "33"
Although AE is wearing DT's number "3" without any problem.
Lou also chose 33 in honor of Larry Bird.

Reaction Score
Maybe in the past, but both Lou and Karlie are both playing on the same team this season, Avenida, in Spain.
Sorry to be inarticulate.
I read the article about KLS and Karlie BACK THEN.
Which piqued my curiosity and led to my first viewing of a UCONN WBB game.
Didn't take long before I was yelling "LOOOOOUUU!!" from my recliner after she hit a 3.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom