How worth it is storrs central? | The Boneyard

How worth it is storrs central?

Reaction Score
I have seen various messages on threads and I’m just curious how “worth it” it is in terms of the insider info.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I would view it more through the lens of what it is - it’s an NIL effort to help keep the programs competitive. You’re donating to the NIL cause and the content is just a value-add from there.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
It has some decent content, the staff has been transparent and reliable with recruiting ‘insider’ info. Still a work in progress and will evolve over time I’m sure. I’ve spent $100 on way worse. Boneyard is still my primary source for Husky updates and general banter.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If you refresh this board everyday waiting for insiders to drop nuggets, you should be spending some time over there. You'll get real info and support our NIL. The two boards offer vastly different experiences, which is a great thing.

Reaction Score
I would view it more through the lens of what it is - it’s an NIL effort to help keep the programs competitive. You’re donating to the NIL cause and the content is just a value-add from there.
That was my mindset. I have subsequently enjoyed the content. I give it two thumbs up.

Reaction Score
It’s really different to the Boneyard — a great complement to it with reliable information. It’s hard to see how it will get critical mass given what it costs (which is very little, but people like free stuff). But with fewer posters comes fewer morons, so it’s a give and take there.

Reaction Score
The “insider” info is somewhat limited but it’s something. You get a little bit of a glimpse into some of the behind the scenes especially from a NIL perspective. I don’t think I have seen anything on there that didn’t eventually come out on here or elsewhere. There are way fewer posts. The content is decent in terms of articles. As others have said, you’re not paying the $100 for the “insider” info. It’s $100 to support NIL @Uconn. As a bonus you get some extras.

I really wish there was a way to have had the Boneyard partner with them so that there was a super forum with more traffic + insider info + ways to support NIL all in one place.

Reaction Score
I mainly view it as a way to support the NIL, to keep getting good recruits to help future championships, and with some good insider info as a plus. I do the $10 a month option, which is like 2 Dunkin coffees lol. So yes, 100% worth it!

Reaction Score
It has the best coverage of UConn basketball (men and women) and football. The horde has shrunk over the years so you only get the sporadic article.
oh ok. I was just curious because it really was my aim to get the insider info that people in the trilly discord get. the nil is obviously a bonus too, but my main question was that is there really insider info they claim to have?

Reaction Score
They did tell us Trilly was totally wrong about Brea/Mahaney and drop hints it would be Mahaney, which I totally didn’t pick up on. I subscribe to both, enjoy both.

Good in-depth pieces on incoming recruits from an analytics perspective (point out strengths and warts of players) and can tell its kinda info straight from the staff.

It drips out tho bc the staff doesn’t want to be like Ollie and broadcast everything all the time and get caught with pants down like Diallo situation back in the day.

like everyone said, it’s way to support NIL cause with good info but not crazy frequent.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
They definitely have a ton of insider info on the recruiting trail, since they are directly involved in the NIL discussions. They are still figuring out the best way to share that info without leaking too much or stepping on toes. But it was my go to source for getting real and reliable info on the (UConn side of) recent portal recruitments. Everything they said has come to bear so far.

Trilly seems to have the players camps scoops while Storrs Central has the inside track to UConn’s coaching staffs process and thoughts.

Was great to be able to gauge the temperature on the recruitments from our side, which didn’t really exist (at least reliably) before. Good, real, insight into discussions the staff was having about certain factors like system fit and NIL.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

This. Plus college bball coverage sucks and it’s nice to have a place to go specifically for UCONN related news

Reaction Score
I do it to support NIL. But I do enjoy reading things like this from someone who is directly involved:

Don't read into the Kentucky visit any more than Mahaney's Kentucky visit. They were never getting Mahaney and they'll only get Brea if we allow them to get Brea. There is only one UConn and every kid in the country knows it. Our coaches don't miss.

Mahaney tidbit: Aidan and his parents were enamored with the Cam Spencer role. Saw what Cam was able to come in and do last year and think his skill set is in line to replace a lot of that production. Think the staff saw that as well. He was the one.

Started the portal with four targets. Had three spots in mind. All four said yes. NIL rumors about Brea = not true. Any belief that his weird process was a reflection on him or his family = not true. Sounds like he's a great kid that absolutely would have fit in nicely. First three said yes first. Loved the kid so in a perfect world everyone plays for UConn. Minutes are minutes and we've got three stud rising sophomores and a stud rising Hass. Wasn't so much about needing to recruit anyone to stay so much as not getting greedy (just because we can) at the risk of upsetting the balance. All of this easier if it were possible at this moment to predict AK's future. Kind of comes down to weighing up whether you want to (potentially) have one too many guys or (potentially) have one too few guys if the extra man upset some returners and someone decided to bounce. I've seen it on here and on Twitter so I'll say it here: if this result ends up holding then this was entirely "This group is the group. Time for the three young guys to take a leap forward. Time to go push for the three-peat." Nothing but good things to say about Brea, though

Final update: as of this moment we are still expecting everyone to return with the exception of AK, who remains at a dead even 50/50 (seriously).

Reaction Score
I do it to support NIL. But I do enjoy reading things like this from someone who is directly involved:

Don't read into the Kentucky visit any more than Mahaney's Kentucky visit. They were never getting Mahaney and they'll only get Brea if we allow them to get Brea. There is only one UConn and every kid in the country knows it. Our coaches don't miss.

Mahaney tidbit: Aidan and his parents were enamored with the Cam Spencer role. Saw what Cam was able to come in and do last year and think his skill set is in line to replace a lot of that production. Think the staff saw that as well. He was the one.

Started the portal with four targets. Had three spots in mind. All four said yes. NIL rumors about Brea = not true. Any belief that his weird process was a reflection on him or his family = not true. Sounds like he's a great kid that absolutely would have fit in nicely. First three said yes first. Loved the kid so in a perfect world everyone plays for UConn. Minutes are minutes and we've got three stud rising sophomores and a stud rising Hass. Wasn't so much about needing to recruit anyone to stay so much as not getting greedy (just because we can) at the risk of upsetting the balance. All of this easier if it were possible at this moment to predict AK's future. Kind of comes down to weighing up whether you want to (potentially) have one too many guys or (potentially) have one too few guys if the extra man upset some returners and someone decided to bounce. I've seen it on here and on Twitter so I'll say it here: if this result ends up holding then this was entirely "This group is the group. Time for the three young guys to take a leap forward. Time to go push for the three-peat." Nothing but good things to say about Brea, though

Final update: as of this moment we are still expecting everyone to return with the exception of AK, who remains at a dead even 50/50 (seriously).

Are we talking about McNeeley as a portal addition vs. a HS recruit here?

Reaction Score
Pay the $100 for Storrs Central. It's worth it.

Also, subscribe to my free publication...In all seriousness. I support all UConn content and all UConn businesses. Storrs Central is ambitious, and for those who like feature stories on players that is going to be the place since there are two issues with legecy media.

1. Horde has thinned to a small group. And, we are only going to end up with perhaps 2 full-time beat writers covering all teams. Limited space, resources, interest.

2. Access. Because of that, I would expect/demand that Storrs Central gets preferential access to coaches and players since players and/or coaches are partners and being paid by the collective.

Does that compromise integrity? Yes. I wouldn't expect any investigation into laptop's disappearing on campus. But, as a fan, is that what you want to read anyway?

I am not a big feature guy (go figure) but they have some stuff in there that not only no one has, no one will ever do.

As far as breaking news. They will get recruiting stuff first, but you can't paywall information.

The fallacy in media is that content is king. I disagree. Delivery mechanism is king. How are you surfacing to your customer? Anyhow. Enough nerding out. I'll teach a class.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I donated and joined StorrsCentral 100% to support NIL.

The access and unique glimpses that seem to be the agreement with the coaching staff for scoops is a nice little bonus.

Highly recommend signing up to support the programs!

Reaction Score
oh ok. I was just curious because it really was my aim to get the insider info that people in the trilly discord get. the nil is obviously a bonus too, but my main question was that is there really insider info they claim to have?

If your only goal is "insider" info, you're not going to feel like it's worth 10 bucks a month. Nothing said there doesn't leak into Twitterverse of the yard. It's a donation to NIL with some fun articles and interesting perspectives and well worth it IMO. NIL is the future and SC is one of our two leading causes.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
The insider info is pretty broad but has proven to be consistent and obviously accurate.

We knew the top/only priorities were Reed/McNeeley/Brea/Mahaney pretty much the whole way. Never heard a real peep about anyone else.

We knew Hass told the staff he'd back a couple weeks ago.

We knew the visits went well with all of them, usually phrased in a way you could easily read we were the favorites without necessarily coming out and saying that.

As of this past Sunday we knew they had a commitment article written for one of the two remaining targets because we knew we were in the driver's seat and the player could announce at any time.

The info shared might not always be groundbreaking, e.g. the staff does not speculate on % likelihood. It's more "there is interest," "they're scheduling a visit," "we've had the NIL conversation and it will not be a roadblock," and then breadcrumbs where if you pay attention you can make the leap and assume someone is ours.

Most of the information is somewhat non committal, but at least you can be confident it is accurate at time of posting because you know the staff is close to the program. e.g. If Hass for some reason leaves, we can still be confident that as of two weeks ago the staff thought he was back.

I would love to see an alternate universe where we had Storrs Central during the Timberlake recruitment.

One last thing I appreciated was they came out and said the rumors about Brea having ludicrous NIL demands were false, and that the program has nothing but good things to say about the kid. Stops fans from spiraling and saying he's not a culture fit etc.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom