How we feeling about St Marys? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

How we feeling about St Marys?

Reaction Score
They didn’t impress against VCU, but I don’t think they played at a level anything close to their peak.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
One key, among many I'm sure, will be to hit some 3's early. That will extend their D, open lanes, and open up the inside for Sanogo and Clingan. We will have to play at their pace, because as people have noted, it's hard to speed up a slow it down team. Success will depend on getting good shots and hitting them, and then carving up a defense that's over-extending.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I think it will to our ability to get dribble penetration and second chances off of offensive boards. They are one of the best defensive rebounding teams in the tournament. We are one of the best offensive rebounding teams.

They are solid defensively, and will probably force us into some difficult shots. Typically, it has been teams with quick guards that have been able to keep us out of the lane. St Mary’s isn’t particularly quick, so we should have opportunities. If they limit penetration and keep us to one shot, we will have a difficult time.
Offensive boards are a wise and a hope. I pray you come back torturing me for that statement

Reaction Score
Trolling SM board and those fans are really confident. Consensus over there is that they will slow us down, defend the line and out execute us. Previously holding opponents to -20% avg scoring. I can't say after watching this tournament so far, that that is not a distinct possibility. I'm most worried about Hawkins never getting going. They are gonna swarm him at the 3pt for sure. I hope he can find some looks. I think inside domination is the key for us. "God is gaels" Just doesn't sound right to me. Thoughts?
Im honestly at the point with this team that i can see them come out and lay an egg and lose or win by 20. This is the most enigmatic team i can remember.

Reaction Score
Offensive boards are a wise and a hope. I pray you come back torturing me for that statement

It’s funny, though. Teams tend to get more offensive boards when they are able to get into the lane and make the defense help. Hoping that we can clean up offensive rebounds after missed jump shots is not a strategy.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Doomed-3.jpg

Reaction Score
If our players make their inside shots we will be hard to beat.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom