How was it in Boston? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How was it in Boston?

Reaction Score
Yeah you guys were killing it over there
Yes they were. They were loud. I was in 330. The rest of the UConn fans in TD BankNorth Garden needed to pick it up, IMO. Our section 330 had mostly UConn fans but they were quite, SMH.

Reaction Score
Well worth it for me. It was 70/30 UConn/ISU where I was in 303. I guess it was the ISU corner.

At the under 12 of game 2 I relocated to loge and sat with some hardcore Cyclone fans behind their bench

Reaction Score
IMG_2024-03-28-23-31-49-782.jpg

Reaction Score
If buying in balcony I would suggest section 323ish over through 327. I thought the view was still good from that area and still pretty close to the UConn section, felt like we had an engaged group. Cheapest way to get in the building

Reaction Score
Thanks. I'm seeing prices a little better than for last night's game, but the fees. I really wish these sites were all required to post the prices inclusive of fees. It's just ridiculous to pay another 30% on top.

I'm checking sites on that basis. Ticketmaster and Stub Hub are about the same.
I’ve been using Tick Pick and they prices they post are the prices you pay.

Reaction Score
Thanks. I'm seeing prices a little better than for last night's game, but the fees. I really wish these sites were all required to post the prices inclusive of fees. It's just ridiculous to pay another 30% on top.

FWIW, I went to checkout with the same seats on like four sites to compare total cost when I was purchasing and Tick Pick ended up being about $50 cheaper per seat than the others.

Reaction Score

it really is a rip off...they are entitled to make a transaction cost 10-15 per ticket...but why are they allowed to get a % of the ticket price

there needs to be a class action like in the MLS lawsuit

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
it really is a rip off...they are entitled to make a transaction cost 10-15 per ticket...but why are they allowed to get a % of the ticket price

The real scandal is that they charge it the first time and then charge it again on the re-listing. I buy concert tickets often and these fees are 2-3X what I usually see.

Reaction Score

Blows my mind some nerd from Silicon Valley hasn't made a low cost ticketing app. $5-10 flat fee no matter what. It would put all these other sites out of business.

Reaction Score
Can’t decide if it’s worth the 3 hour trip or better to watch on tv where I can be super zeroed in.

What’s the view like from the 200s and 300s?
Has to be better than the old Garden. My father took me to see Russell vs Chamberlain and I had to lean sideways to see the other side of the court.

Reaction Score
Blows my mind some nerd from Silicon Valley hasn't made a low cost ticketing app. $5-10 flat fee no matter what. It would put all these other sites out of business.
I don't think it's the software, I think it's the contracts... But I wish they would

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Yeah barely waited in any lines and the bathroom line moved well at halftime.
Good to hear. Haven't been to a Cs or Bs game since before Covid. Concerts are a mixed bag as they shut some concessions, but the bathrooms seem to be ok. I think the Bruins and Celtics almost always sell out, so the building isn't under-scoped on capacity.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Prices zooming. Paid 250 last night after game. Same ticket is 330 right now.

Reaction Score
Good to hear. Haven't been to a Cs or Bs game since before Covid. Concerts are a mixed bag as they shut some concessions, but the bathrooms seem to be ok. I think the Bruins and Celtics almost always sell out, so the building isn't under-scoped on capacity.
I will say that, while I was too drunk and in too much a rush to get to my seat to really take them in, the bars and such along the concourses seemed really nice. Didn’t expect that at all.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
What is the parking like?
There is actually enough parking both garage and surface lots. The challenge is that the roads around Boston Garden are an absolute maze of twisted one way streets and you can easily get turned around. Storrow Drive doesn’t help. Weather is nice Saturday so maybe park near government center.

Reaction Score
Can’t decide if it’s worth the 3 hour trip or better to watch on tv where I can be super zeroed in.

What’s the view like from the 200s and 300s?
TD is truly a great arena to watch basketball, any section up top that’s on the TV angle of the court is great. Don’t be scared by those awful seats XL has that go way too far up.

I sat in the ford sportszone for Thursday and it was pricy but pretty great, seating super roomy, bathrooms/bars with much shorter lines or none at all, and it even had a buffet included with a good range of food but not too many different items. If anyone is considering tickets and sees anything cheap there or the boxes, DO IT!

Reaction Score
What is the parking like?
Pretty easy. Government Center garage is $25 (at new State Street Bank building and due to construction entrance can be tough to find) and Post Office Square garage which is a 15 to 20 minute walk is $9. There are other garages or lots close, but those are my go to lots.

Reaction Score
Pretty easy. Government Center garage is $25 (at new State Street Bank building and due to construction entrance can be tough to find) and Post Office Square garage which is a 15 to 20 minute walk is $9. There are other garages or lots close, but those are my go to lots.
The Haymarket Garage is also a good option. 5-10 minute walk to the Garden but far enough away that it's easy in and out. Note that the address of the garage says 136 Blacktone Street but the entrance is actually on the other side on Sudbury Street.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom