How was anyone not rooting for Nova? | The Boneyard

How was anyone not rooting for Nova?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wanted Nova going into the game but didn't care too much, as the game went on I found myself rooting really hard for Nova. The Big East is not the old Big East anymore and never will be again but they are one of our own, it's northeast basketball. UNC is everything that's wrong with college basketball and their coach is a phony jerk. Jay Wright is a good guy and I'll take the school from the northeast over any of those hilljacks from Tobacco Road every damn time. There also would have been something incredibly wrong with Roy Williams having as many rings as Calhoun.

Reaction Score
I wanted Nova going into the game but didn't care too much, as the game went on I found myself rooting really hard for Nova. The Big East is not the old Big East anymore and never will be again but they are one of our own, it's northeast basketball. UNC is everything that's wrong with college basketball and their coach is a phony jerk. Jay Wright is a good guy and I'll take the school from the northeast over any of those hilljacks from Tobacco Road every damn time. There also would have been something incredibly wrong with Roy Williams having as many rings as Calhoun.

I been saying it all along. Keep the center of college basketball in the northeast. Obviously we want Connecticut to win championships. But if not Connecticut, keep it in the N.E. It's great to have top notch teams that we can schedule in the region. No one wants to travel 400+ miles to schedule a competitive

Time for Connecticut to show em!! LETS GOOOO

Reaction Score
Glad that Nova won, they had a lot of really likable players.

Have to agree big time with this. Hart plays his a** off, Archie the same guarding bigs when he has to, Jenkins, Booth, Brunson, the big guy I mean they play hard and the way you're supposed to. Not a fan of Wright or Nova but became one in the FF. Well done and congrats

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
There are former Big East counterparts I would NEVER root for. Nova is way down on that list....ahem, Syracuse

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
I been saying it all along. Keep the center of college basketball in the northeast. Obviously we want Connecticut to win championships. But if not Connecticut, keep it in the N.E. It's great to have top notch teams that we can schedule in the region. No one wants to travel 400+ miles to schedule a competitive

Time for Connecticut to show em!! LETS GOOOO

No. I want no other northeast teams to start competing against us for recruits with national titles in their pockets.

Reaction Score
Hahaha - Cuse fans scared like hell about Nova winning the title. Between Jay Wright and Ollie, they've got no chance.

Reaction Score
No. I want no other northeast teams to start competing against us for recruits with national titles in their pockets.

So you want North Carolina/Duke/Louisville/Michigan/Mich St. to continue doing so right? and then having to travel down 400+ miles to play them at their house? sounds like fun to me

Listen. Don't be short sighted about this. No one is taking no ones recruits. You need to work harder and earn them the right way.

Basketball is all about competition and pushing a team down won't make yours any better. That's not the approach, and that will never be the approach to real success.

Northeast college basketball needs to remain attractive so that we can play these teams and pack the house. The sooner you understand that the better it will be for Connecticut.

Syracuse, Villanova, Georgetown, Seton Hall, Providence playing well indirectly helps Connecticut. It keeps the region excited and it keeps people watching and attending games against them. Connecticut will continue to have great teams because it's a championship program and will continue recruiting well.

Lets be smart and schedule as many games as possible against the teams.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

I was rooting not-Carolina with every fiber of my being. Could care less about Nova either way -> means to an end.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

As long as the boundary is the north CT border and anything east of Scranton NY.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
SBU - you are welcome for Pikell.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
So you want North Carolina/Duke/Louisville/Michigan/Mich St. to continue doing so right? and then having to travel down 400+ miles to play them at their house? sounds like fun to me

Listen. Don't be short sighted about this. No one is taking no ones recruits. You need to work harder and earn them the right way.

Basketball is all about competition and pushing a team down won't make yours any better. That's not the approach, and that will never be the approach to real success.

Northeast college basketball needs to remain attractive so that we can play these teams and pack the house. The sooner you understand that the better it will be for Connecticut.

Syracuse, Villanova, Georgetown, Seton Hall, Providence playing well indirectly helps Connecticut. It keeps the region excited and it keeps people watching and attending games against them. Connecticut will continue to have great teams because it's a championship program and will continue recruiting well.

Meh, I'm not saying g they have to suck, but yes, I do wan t UCONN to be the dominant northeast team and I don't want the Syracuses and BCs to win titles.

Ok, the BC thing was quite a stretch, but i wasnt exactly upset that Georgetown sucked this year and we beat them. Uconn playing at Texas brings more exposure anyway. Outside the conference, UConn played 1 games that were 400 miles away this year.

Reaction Score
Honestly i was rooting for Oklahoma but knew Villanova was the backup team to root for. Seeing them take down UNC like that was truly beautiful, give me hope for the future of college basketball. On top of just not liking UNC and thinking they didnt even deserve to be eligibile for the NCAA tournament this past year, their players were really not likable. Their demeanors and attitudes made me really want them to lose.

Reaction Score

We're not in the BE. We play Tulsa, not northeast teams.

We lost Omari Spellman to Villanova.

I definitely agree with Jax on this one. These teams are our competition.

Let me put it to you this way: In the 1980s, BC had John Garris, Michael Adams, John Bagley, Jay Murphy, all Connecticut boys. Villanova had John Pinone, Harold Jensen, Harold Pressley. All Connecticut boys.

Do you think UConn's rise had anything to do with their fall? I do. It's not just Connecticut keeping Chris Smith and Burrell at home. No. It is also Connecticut taking kids from Massachusetts as well. Ed Pinckney for instance was a Bronx kid. If he were 10 years younger, does he go to Nova or UConn.

These concerns are real.

When you listen to Abu from NC State talk, and Jalen Adams, and Wayne Selden from Kansas, they all say they grew up as UConn fans. These kids grew up with it. But of course Abu and Selden ended up elsewhere. If UConn's status hadn't changed, I don't think Selden and Abu get away.

UConn is in a dogfight for recruits against Villanova. You think Kevin Ollie wouldn't love to have Omari Spellman on the team next year?

Reaction Score
used to be a UNC fan before college.. Than became a lifer UCONN fan while attending Storrs undergrad ( Tate George's shot sealed that deal for me). Still liked UNC a little bit , but my loyalty is to the Big East.. Not to mention all the stuff going on at UNC now that seemed to be looked at as not serious ( yet we got a post season ban for our infraction ). No way I could root for UNC last night.. No way...

It was nice to see how another non P5 conference football school is able to win the National Championship..

I HATE the fact that the powers that be are turning college sports into its own personal cashcow and running it through P5 Conference football..

It's great for College sports that NCAA Men's Basketball seems to keep all of that stuff in check..

I'll admit, I've been warming up to and liking more and more the sound of us in a P5 conference, because I'm diehard UCONN football fan.. but, in hindsight, I feel we're in a good place right now... Too bad the Big East football conference couldn't stay intact though... Keep the traditional rivals going instead of the monetary ones...

Reaction Score
There are former Big East counterparts I would NEVER root for. Nova is way down on that list....ahem, Syracuse
It is funny, for some reason in my mind I always think Villanova is in the ACC and have to correct myself. I think it is because all the other top teams we competed with are in the ACC and Villanova is more on a level with them than the rest of the league they currently call the Big East. Syracuse, Louisville, Notre Dame and Pitt.

Reaction Score
Glad for Nova. Temple has Fran Dunphy Nova has Phil Dunphy. I just really hate UNC and Ploy Williams.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I live outside of Philly and while I'm not a huge Jay Wright fan... definitely rooting for them over Roy Williams and UNC. Philly needed a win... and while I revel in the tears of Eagles fans every year... it's good for the city. The fair weather fans can be (very) annoying but it's good for the sport.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I wanted Nova going into the game but didn't care too much, as the game went on I found myself rooting really hard for Nova.

Same. I actually would've finished 2nd in a pool had UNC won, but I couldn't stop myself from rooting for Nova.

Reaction Score
Happy for Nova & Jay Wright…

It's good to see UNC lose if for no other reason than it feels like Emmert & company also lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom