How UConn Lured Jim Mora on Back into Coaching | The Rich Eisen Show | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How UConn Lured Jim Mora on Back into Coaching | The Rich Eisen Show

Reaction Score
I love the fact that he reached out to us first. He couldn't have reached out to other schools, but it sounds like he wanted to be here. He speaks about loving to coach at the college level and I'm still blown away we managed to get such a good coach here.

Reaction Score
Fired with plenty of success. Had two or three 10 win seasons and one or two 9 win seasons with UCLA. When has UCLA reached that kind of success? I’ll wait. He also had some success in the NFL as a HC and DC. He’s well respected. Is it guaranteed the he’ll succeed here? No, but there’s no guarantee that a hungry young coach would have success either. I’d prefer Mora with his track record, knowledge and experience since he was available.
Mora seems to be pumped to be here. I read in an interview even his dad is pumped about Jim being here. He's got name recognition and the ability to recruit. He still probably has a ton of connections to bring in a very good staff. Honestly he's a decent OC away from being the most successive coach at the FBS level for UConn.

He was also fired from jobs that had impossibly high expectations, but still did very well at all stops. Moorhead was fired from Miss St after going 14-12 I believe. That's really good for a middle of the road SEC team. Just stupid high expectations. I truly believe we'll see a huge difference under Mora. And full except him to be immortalized as Jim Mora Stadium at Rentschler Field.

Reaction Score
Mora seems to be pumped to be here. I read in an interview even his dad is pumped about Jim being here. He's got name recognition and the ability to recruit. He still probably has a ton of connections to bring in a very good staff. Honestly he's a decent OC away from being the most successive coach at the FBS level for UConn.

He was also fired from jobs that had impossibly high expectations, but still did very well at all stops. Moorhead was fired from Miss St after going 14-12 I believe. That's really good for a middle of the road SEC team. Just stupid high expectations. I truly believe we'll see a huge difference under Mora. And full except him to be immortalized as Jim Mora Stadium at Rentschler Field.
I would prefer Jim Mora Stadium in Storrs, CT

Reaction Score
Sometimes being the worst _____ brings its own notariety. While a basketball brand, UConn is a national brand. Guy was HC in the Superbowl. This is news, like man bites dog news.
Good get!

Reaction Score
I would be more impressed by Mr. Mora's hire if he had not been fired from every head coaching position he has held.

I wish UConn had hired a hungry young coach rather than the 60 year old millionaire they did.
The hungry young coach is his replacement… after a few good years.

Reaction Score
Home run hire… all we ask are 6 win seasons , full Rent, and some bowl games. Let’s go!!!!

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I would be more impressed by Mr. Mora's hire if he had not been fired from every head coaching position he has held.

I wish UConn had hired a hungry young coach rather than the 60 year old millionaire they did.
I hear this guy is available…
98ABDE37-8B0B-4D8B-843A-11AFEEE42F9D.jpeg

Reaction Score
Every time I hear him speak, I get more excited/impressed. Great hire!
Guy grows on you. Authentic dude who is legitimately ready to get after it. Whole key is get some early momentum he can build on.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Our fanbase is going to need to adjust to a head coach with a personality (at least one that isn't somewhat disconnected to reality). We've never had that since we moved up to this level.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
He know X's and O's
And the Jimmies and Joes
And Medi-a

'Scuza me
But you see
Back to winning we'll be
That's a Mora
... and for the UConn fans I left back in Rio:

Sabe X's e O's