How UConn Lured Jim Mora on Back into Coaching | The Rich Eisen Show | The Boneyard

How UConn Lured Jim Mora on Back into Coaching | The Rich Eisen Show

Reaction Score
He keeps saying how pumped up he is to be at UCONN. Let's hope so!

pump you up hans and franz GIF

Reaction Score
Only time will tell. Lets hope so. Yeesh.

This is about as much of a sure thing win as taking HCRE1.0DreamJob back was a sure thing loss. And a lot of you were still "hoping" up until the Holy Cross game and HCRE2.0's "retirement".

Reaction Score
I would be more impressed by Mr. Mora's hire if he had not been fired from every head coaching position he has held.

I wish UConn had hired a hungry young coach rather than the 60 year old millionaire they did.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Talk about a no lose proposition: They will write ballads about and build statues for "The man that saved UConn football"... and if not, it's a nice supplemental income before retirement kicks in.

Reaction Score
I would be more impressed by Mr. Mora's hire if he had not been fired from every head coaching position he has held.

I wish UConn had hired a hungry young coach rather than the 60 year old millionaire they did.
Fired with plenty of success. Had two or three 10 win seasons and one or two 9 win seasons with UCLA. When has UCLA reached that kind of success? I’ll wait. He also had some success in the NFL as a HC and DC. He’s well respected. Is it guaranteed the he’ll succeed here? No, but there’s no guarantee that a hungry young coach would have success either. I’d prefer Mora with his track record, knowledge and experience since he was available.

Reaction Score
When you look at all of the great AAC coaches that failed at their next job, you realize it is hard to win consistently. This guy has done a lot more winning than losing for many years, not just a couple seasons at one job.

It really is a good hire when you look at the whole picture. Just the fact that the press treats him so well is a good sign. The attitude people take toward him is of very friendly respect. He’s part of the club.

Reaction Score
When you look at all of the great AAC coaches that failed at their next job, you realize it is hard to win consistently. This guy has done a lot more winning than losing for many years, not just a couple seasons at one job.

It really is a good hire when you look at the whole picture. Just the fact that the press treats him so well is a good sign. The attitude people take toward him is of very friendly respect. He’s part of the club.
Exactly, the guy went to 5 bowl games out of 6yrs at UCLA. I have a feeling that Mora doesn’t want to keep jumping around anymore. I think he’s here to build his own legacy and retire. He wanted that at UCLA and they let him go and I guarantee they regret it now.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Hunger is overrated as a motivator. Leads to desperation. Let's try competence this time.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

What was Pete Carroll's track record prior to USC?

In this business you will find very few people who have not been fired (or moved on from in a slightly different manner to avoid use of the term 'fired'). Those who can claim one of those coaches are at the top of the food chain (while at the moment we are fighting for scraps with scavengers and herbivores).

Personally I'll view this hire as a failure if it proves to be a failure. It is silly to view it as a failure before he has coached his first game here.

Reaction Score

There's an old adage: Coaches are hired & count the days until they're fired. They stave off that day by being successful. Personally, I'd rather have the coach with the track record of leading his team to 5 bowl games in 6 seasons to a coach who is an unknown quantity at this level.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
We should probably be thanking HCRE and his predecessors for turning the Huskies into the Mt. Everest of college football.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom