How to Improve the Offense | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How to Improve the Offense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Everyone has to execute better, from the guy calling the plays to the players charged with putting the plays into action.

Reaction Score
I think the only change you will see this Saturday is more of an effort to establish the run game. Maybe we see more of Clax but I doubt it. He is either hurting or Verducci simply prefers a lineup with 2 tight ends and/or a h back or fullback that can catch the ball out of the backfield which isn't Clax's strength.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
No. A 1000 times no on chip block and go. Too many times the TE or FB whiffs and it leads to a sack.

I mentioned earlier of using Max as FB on passing downs. Utilize him as the QB's bodyguard. Once Max sees all rushing defenders are accounted for he flares out to the flat. I especially think Max and Newsome are a good pair on passing downs. Use Newsome as an immediate option in the flat to slow down at least one rusher and then Max can release after all defenders are accounted for to the side opposite of Newsome.

Johnson's hands are below average and he is having trouble with pass blocking. Part of the dilemma for him running this year is teams crash the box because they know it's a run play with him.

Pairing Max and Johnson could be interesting.

I disagree on chip blocking as long as you have a lineman there as well to prevent the sack and gives the quarterback an extra second or two. That is needed with this offensive line as we have seen the past two weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom