How the hell did they rule the Ole Miss WR didn't score | The Boneyard

How the hell did they rule the Ole Miss WR didn't score

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
On the play where it looked like he broke his ankle. He broke the plane of the goal with possesion no? I turned to the ND/Navy game and saw the TD came off the board.

Reaction Score
On the play where it looked like he broke his ankle. He broke the plane of the goal with possesion no? I turned to the ND/Navy game and saw the TD came off the board.

No. Most of his body crossed the plane but as he got wrenched backwards his arm that was carrying the ball went backwards too, and he fumbled before he broke the plane. I agree with the call. I saw that coming. Poor luck for the kid who might have ended his season there and he could've at least done it on a game winning TD in a huge game. Instead he hears the bad news on the cart on the way out.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Nah - he dropped the ball as soon as his ankle exploded.

Unfortunately, he wasn't in the end zone at the time.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
His foot was just flopping around after he got his leg out from under him. Was awful looking! Gotta feel sorry for the kid that he broke his ankle while costing the team a victory. I can't fault him for dropping the ball.

Reaction Score
Well that sucks. There goes Ole Miss's national title hopes. That defense got worked today, they have a big rep but Auburn worked them in their house.

Reaction Score
Horrible way to end a game. I actually thought he should have been called down at the 1 as his lower leg hit the ground after his ankle exploded and before the ball came loose, which seemed to happen when Treadwell was hit in the upper body after.

No matter, wish him a full recovery.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
God anytime there are two descriptions where the ankle "exploded" you know it's bad.

Reaction Score
Saw the break on YouTube and that's Theisman bad. I'm hoping that the recovery is quick and as painless as possible

Reaction Score
What a great game. But certainly a brutal ending. Instant classic, regardless.

Ball didn't cross the plane. Treadwell was cleverly pulled back before crossing the plane, broke something, sure felt it, and dropped the ball.

Reaction Score
Looked like a fumble to me. Great game. Feel bad for Treadwell. Kid is quite a talent. Tough break for Ole Miss and LT. Hope he bounces back quickly. Auburn is a good team. One of them had to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom