How much do the Huskies love one another? | The Boneyard

How much do the Huskies love one another?

Reaction Score
1673142493419.png

Reaction Score
I hope no one is close to dying. Aren’t the plethora of injuries enough ???

Reaction Score

Uconn's love of their teammates is evident in every score that is made and every defense that is made by the players on the bench in every game.To me .the stellar love of the game and teammates was Brianna Pulido, the greatest sideline cheerleader Uconn ever had. And the team's love for Brianna was when she made the basket in the NC against Oregon in her final game. The sideline reaction was spontaneous and over the top. I have never seen such reaction before or after that game. It's on You Tube with over a million views. The players that come to Uconn are a special breed that has to fit in with Uconn's way of playing according to Geno. The players that left would not have made it and leaving was best for them and Uconn. One more thing about Brianna is you will never see her without a smile on her face. I loved Brianna, GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
Uconn's love of their teammates is evident in every score that is made and every defense that is made by the players on the bench in every game.To me .the stellar love of the game and teammates was Brianna Pulido, the greatest sideline cheerleader Uconn ever had. And the team's love for Brianna was when she made the basket in the NC against Oregon in her final game. The sideline reaction was spontaneous and over the top. I have never seen such reaction before or after that game. It's on You Tube with over a million views. The players that come to Uconn are a special breed that has to fit in with Uconn's way of playing according to Geno. The players that left would not have made it and leaving was best for them and Uconn. One more thing about Brianna is you will never see her without a smile on her face. I loved Brianna, GO HUSKIES!!!
Syracuse

Reaction Score
It says so much about who they are as people and makes you love them even more. We have become used to it, but it really is extraordinary.

Reaction Score
Syracuse
Thank you for the correction, you are right. At 89 I sometimes get confused with recalling certain games. I remember incidents that I'm remembering, but mix up the teams. For the post, the incident was what I was trying to convey, not the game. I'm glad that I'm getting old ,but there is no glamor in it.I remember now that Oregon was the previous game.GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
Thank you for the correction, you are right. At 89 I sometimes get confused with recalling certain games. I remember incidents that I'm remembering, but mix up the teams. For the post, the incident was what I was trying to convey, not the game. I'm glad that I'm getting old ,but there is no glamor in it.I remember now that Oregon was the previous game.GO HUSKIES!!!
You're doing great at 89. I'm 71 and I can't remember when I started getting confused.

Reaction Score
I’m so impressed that you’re still posting at 89. I’m 76 and hope I can remember as well as you when I reach your age. BTW, I was at that game and remember that reaction vividly.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
A related question (no, not the detour into old age jokes): How much do graduates these days (last decade) love UConn. I have the totally subjective feeling that most move on and do not return to visit, work out, harass Geno etc.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Can't talk it without reliving it!

Reaction Score
A related question (no, not the detour into old age jokes): How much do graduates these days (last decade) love UConn. I have the totally subjective feeling that most move on and do not return to visit, work out, harass Geno etc.
I think it’s healthy for alums to move on. They naturally preserve a warm feeling for the team and a nostalgia. Geno and CD rebuild the distinctive team culture with each new group of kids. But they bind primarily with each other — that’s the magic Geno has wrought — and only secondarily to the university.

Reaction Score
Gotta give a shoutout to Saniya for making Brianna’s shot happen. She literally ripped the ball away from the opponent at the other end, brought the ball up, sent Brianna to the side, drew three defenders and made the pass for the assist! I loved watching Saniya play.

She was a great ball handler. I always remember, I believe against Penn State her freshman year, her double crossover on a layup that had her defender twisted up and on the floor as she laid it in off the glass.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I asked this in a different thread during the exam/downtime, but didn't get any engagement.

Reaction Score
I’m so impressed that you’re still posting at 89. I’m 76 and hope I can remember as well as you when I reach your age. BTW, I was at that game and remember that reaction vividly.
I really envy you and at the same time I'm happy for because I wish I was at that game. Uconn cemented it's place in Women's college basketball history that night with that win and will go down s the best basketball team in Women's College BB. GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
Gotta give a shoutout to Saniya for making Brianna’s shot happen. She literally ripped the ball away from the opponent at the other end, brought the ball up, sent Brianna to the side, drew three defenders and made the pass for the assist! I loved watching Saniya play.

She was a great ball handler. I always remember, I believe against Penn State her freshman year, her double crossover on a layup that had her defender twisted up and on the floor as she laid it in off the glass.
Saniya is one of my favorite one. She is very quiet, hard working and very loyal UConn player.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom