How much better is UConn? | The Boneyard

How much better is UConn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Then they were early in the season? All teams get better but how good is UConn? How much better? How much better then every body else? I cant put it into words. Geno said at this time of year it comes down to good guard play. Well take a look at MoJeff Kia and Saniya. Don't look at their scoring look at their steals, assists, and turnovers. That's the biggest difference. The fact that UConns bigs can handle the ball without making to many turnovers is another plus.

So what happens to Dayton and then what happens in the FF? Alice Cooper wrote a song Welcome to your Nightmare. I think this could be applied to playing against UConn. I will say it again. This is the best team that WCBB has ever seen. I believe when its all said and done they roster will have more WNBA players then any team UConn has had.

I cant even think about Monday nites score. Maybe tomorrow I can come up with a number. It will be a lot.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Don't disagree, Tony, but in the Texas game, Nurse played less than 10 minutes in the first half, and Saniya didn't play at all. Geno made a smart move playing Stokes, which changed the game dramatically. In terms of guard play, MoJeff is carrying at least 75% of the load.

Reaction Score
Nurse is playing very well and didn't get that many minutes in the Stamford game. Chong is much better coming off the bench.

Reaction Score
Don't disagree, Tony, but in the Texas game, Nurse played less than 10 minutes in the first half, and Saniya didn't play at all. Geno made a smart move playing Stokes, which changed the game dramatically. In terms of guard play, MoJeff is carrying at least 75% of the load.

What's your point with the bold pertaining to what Tony said?

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
What's your point with the bold pertaining to what Tony said?
Tony wrote about great guard play, all three guards. I merely pointed out that, for the Texas game at least, two of the guards were less important. Just a matter of match ups.

Reaction Score
Tony wrote about great guard play, all three guards. I merely pointed out that, for the Texas game at least, two of the guards were less important. Just a matter of match ups.

Okay I see now -- but KML was playing guard then.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm with Tony on this one - in that it's hard NOT to be giddy about how UCONN is. A few thoughts...

At this time of the season, Geno stops the practice of pointing out and working on "all" the flaws he sees in the team. Instead he builds them up and focuses on all the good things they are doing. It may seem subtle (or not), but really it's a terrific formula for helping build their confidence for the deep run in the NCAA's. Now it's probably hard for him to take anything negative away from the beatdown of Texas anyway, and honestly, Dayton should provide even less of a challenge (no offense meant to them)...

Texas was ranked about 35. Below both USF and Rutgers. And both of those other 2 teams gave UCONN a better game. BUT... Going back to the ND and SC games, against teams I think most would agree are #2 and #3 in the nation, it's hard not to be uber-enthusiastic about UCONN at the moment. Remember at the end of last year, with Stef and Bria graduating, and almost everyone said "no way can UCONN be as good next year. Plus the competition will be better in WCBB anyway".

Flash forward to games thru the elite 8 so far. I think UCONN might be even more dominant this season than last season. It's a fun time to be a Husky fan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom