How many Yarders Actually Went to UConn? | Page 8 | The Boneyard

How many Yarders Actually Went to UConn?

Reaction Score
I am not sure how to frame this question in polling form.

Though it seems everybody posting is a UConn fan (to my knowledge) except for a few here and there like an PC fan, some logos say the poster is a graduate from some other school like one with HCC and some others.

So I would like to know the answer in polling form, since maybe a fair percentage may have gone somewhere else, but still follow and root for UConn.

Thanks for help with this one.

If someone knows how and can post it, fine. If you can explain how, that would be great.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
That’s messed up
In fairness, SHU has come a looong way from the commuter school it was when I attended UConn. Jack Welch and Bobby Valentine have helped bring in a ton of money that resulted in lots of shiny new buildings, and apparently it is now quite an attractive destination for lots of kids.

But that's still pretty messed up imo.

Reaction Score
In fairness, SHU has come a looong way from the commuter school it was when I attended UConn. Jack Welch and Bobby Valentine have helped bring in a ton of money that resulted in lots of shiny new buildings, and apparently it is now quite an attractive destination for lots of kids.

Yeah well UConn has come a long way in that time too.

But more over, I’m just so happy to have escaped that northeastern, private school obsession affliction.

Reaction Score
My guess is the allure of a private school with a higher price tag and nicer amenities. I don't get it, but I have seen it enough that I know it happens.

I'll never forget deposing a woman who was a plaintiff in an employment discrimination case several years ago and asking her to describe the ways in which she claimed to be damaged from having lost her job. The first and most important damage she identified was having to pull her daughter out of Sacred Heart University and send her to UConn instead, and she started to cry while telling me this. We took a break so she could compose herself and I walked out of the room and asked my associate to confirm that she just said what she said, because I thought I was in some bizarro world.
Great story.

Reaction Score
1) Congrats!!!

2)DUDE YEA MAN IM TOTALLY FROM BURLINGTON I JUST *ING LOVE THE TAKING MY SUBY TO THE MOUNTAINS AND SHREDDIN THE POW ALL DAY WHILE RAGING GREAT TUNES. YEA I GO TO UVM AND CATCH RIPPIN SHOWS ALL ****IN DAY AT NECTARS AND CHILL AT FARMHOUSE WHERE THEY HAVE THE FIRE LOCAL BREW ON TAP MOST DEF. YO BRAH HAVE YOU MET MY BOY WAGZ HE HAS BEEN WRAPPING FOR LIKE A YEAR OR MORE AND HIS * IS SO ****ING FILTHY AND MY BUDDY SILAS IS A DOPE GLASS DESIGNER CUSTOMS ONLY BRO. YOU COMIN TO TWIDDLE THIS WEEKEND AT HIGHER GROUND? WHAT ABOUT GRACE POTTER ON THE WATER? YOU INTO THAT SCENE OR WHAT? CUZ IF YOU ARE I CAN GET YOU THE ****ING DOPEST LAKE MONSTERS FITTED FROM MY BOY IN WINOOSKI YEAH THAT'S RIGHT WINOOSKI BRO. HEY MAN WANNA SMOKE SOME OF THIS FLAME SHATTER THAT MY BOY LARSON BLASTS? OH NAH YOU ONLY ABOUT THAT FLOW? PUFFIN' FLOWER ALL DAY? DUDE YOU CAME TO THE RIGHT ****IN STATE BRO 802 RAGERS AND HEADY ASS CHICKS WHO JUST LOVE SHREDDIN SOME JER AND TOSSIN THE NODS HIS WAY ON THE REG
Depressingly accurate

Reaction Score
Why? Just curious.
Young
Real Smart
and Real Stupid.

I also turned down BC (no scholly though), Holy Cross, Yale, Georgetown, Fairfield. Yale because of all things they did not have an accounting curriculum and Georgetown after Liberman himself wrote my recommendation letter, because they waitlisted me and didn't send the acceptance until early Summer. So I got spiteful and decided that if they didn't want me in February they weren't good enough to have me later on.

I got some really bad advice as a high school senior, both from my guidance counselor and my parents. Really bad. But I also had the common sense of an amoeba which is to say none and did not do my own due diligence because I was so focused on grades, grades, grades and not where the grades were ostensibly going to get me.

The one decision in life where I'd LOVE a do-over. Sadly, we know how that works:(:(:(:(

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Wait... You killed a woman?!
Figuratively, much more than one. And plenty of men, too. I love asking questions.

The settlement conference for her case was like the ”Seinfeld” scene where Kramer accepts free coffee to settle his coffee burn claim, while Jackie Chiles loses his mind because he couldn’t stop him.

Reaction Score
The growth over the last five years has been very impressive.

Just passed the campus on the way to a field trip and they’re doing a big gathering for the incoming class of ‘25. Students dancing on the sidewalks, a huge inflatable Pioneer at the front entrance. Great vibes and the campus looks great.

They’ve definitely taken advantage of quarantine to expedite their construction that started a few years ago.

#boneyardinataschoolfieldtrip

Reaction Score
The growth over the last five years has been very impressive.

Just passed the campus on the way to a field trip and they’re doing a big gathering for the incoming class of ‘25. Students dancing on the sidewalks, a huge inflatable Pioneer at the front entrance. Great vibes and the campus looks great.

They’ve definitely taken advantage of quarantine to expedite their construction that started a few years ago.

#boneyardinataschoolfieldtrip
I'm actually enrolled in the CyberSecurity MS program at Sacred Heart

1) It is overpriced given the exit (employment) opportunities. There's no other way to put it - their recruiting presence is terrible.
2) They load up on fees like nobody's business.
3) Their instructors leave a LOT to be desired. The people who teach OOP and scripting languages are some of the worst ahem 'professors' I've ever encountered. You're lucky if you get one that isn't senile or speaks English semi-fluently.

I am transferring to another institution effective the Fall semester and it can't come soon enough.

Reaction Score

They were smart by separating the BOT from their religious order. BC was on the brink of bankruptcy and in endager of having their campus taken over by other area colleges when I was considering schools. A new president and separating their BOT began the the process of what they have become. ND did the same in the 60s. Linda McMahon is also on the SHU board and a benefactor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom