How many Spots will UConn Drop? | The Boneyard

How many Spots will UConn Drop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
I did not care before the game, and I do not care now. The only thing that matters is, where are you at the end of the season?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
UConn will drop to 4th behind, Baylor, Duke, ND, UConn & Stanford is 5th.

No way..... I predict Duke will drop to 5th this week. UCONN will fall to 3

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
IMO, if you beat a team on their home court you should be ranked ahead of them unless you have a bad loss on record, which ND doesn't.

Baylor
ND
UCONN
Duke
Stanford

Reaction Score
So haw far will the voters have them slide?

I agree with Wbbfan1, UConn will be fourth. Baylor, Duke, Notre Dame, UConn, and Stanford, or Notre Dame could jump to number 2 with Duke staying at 3.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised if it's ND, UConn Baylor, Duke, Stanford. I think that our game was so close that we may indeed just go to 2.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised if it's ND, UConn Baylor, Duke, Stanford. I think that our game was so close that we may indeed just go to 2.

Baylor handled ND in South Bend one month ago.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Baylor dropped to third after their loss to Stanford by 2 on a neutral court. Losing at home will influence the votes of some. And as pointed out, Baylor has a win over ND at ND. So ND shouldn't jump Baylor and UCONN can't stay ahead of ND.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
#1 Baylor (Unanimous AP votes)
#2 Notre Dame
#3 Duke
#4 UConn
#5 Stanford

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Uconn will be 3. Baylor ND UConn Stanford Duke. Stanford lost badly to UConn Duke has played an cupcake schedule.

Reaction Score
I can easily see UCONN drop to fourth behind Baylor, Notre Dame, and Duke. We should beat Duke later this month, but considering what happened yesterday, there is no guarantee.

Reaction Score
What a brainless thread. Every week, some unimaginative soul poses this same stupid question. Clearly, UConn should drop 75 places because they lost a single game by 1 point.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Then the poll one month ago should reflect that. This is now. Different set of circumstances.

You can't ignore a head-to-head matchup just because it took place a month ago. Baylor beat ND by 12 at ND without one starter (Hayden) playing for most of the game and in Sims' first game back after a layoff. ND has improved since then but so has Baylor. The game was tight until Hayden was finally inserted into the game and Baylor promptly went on a run and created separation at the end of the game.

Reaction Score
You can't ignore a head-to-head matchup just because it took place a month ago. Baylor beat ND by 12 at ND without one starter (Hayden) playing for most of the game and in Sims' first game back after a layoff. ND has improved since then but so has Baylor. The game was tight until Hayden was finally inserted into the game and Baylor promptly went on a run and created separation at the end of the game.
I agree, it shouldn't be ignored. But it was a month ago and teams improve and get worse due to injury and what not. Tenn lost to Chatt on opening day. They have improved and the polls reflect that. Has Baylor improved.... I don't know. They returned a 40-0 N.C. team with all five starters. Pretty hard to go up from there. I know they played Stanford without Sims but I get tired of all the crying about that. So what. When it is all said and done the team that is on the floor should be judged. Not a team that might have won with this player or that player that couldn't play because of injury. It is part of the game. I watched Notre Dame play on the USS deck and they have improved dramatically since their first game. And the polls should reflect that this week. Should they move in front of Baylor...absolutely not. In front of UCONN... definitely. I've been a UCONN fan since Jen R. was playing and this team has the potential to win 2 or 3 N.C.'s over the next 4 years. Their biggest problem right now is Breanna Stewart. They count on her a little too much and she is just a freshman. She does some things that make me wish I could watch it over again to see if she really did it or if It was my imagination. Both on the great side and not so great. If she can handle all the pressure she will be one of the best to ever play. Sorry I got off track. Still stunned from last night's game.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
UConn will drop to 4th behind, Baylor, Duke, ND, UConn & Stanford is 5th.
I like that...better to be ranked lower before the Duke and Baylor games!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I agree, it shouldn't be ignored. But it was a month ago and teams improve and get worse due to injury and what not. Tenn lost to Chatt on opening day. They have improved and the polls reflect that. Has Baylor improved.... I don't know. They returned a 40-0 N.C. team with all five starters. Pretty hard to go up from there. I know they played Stanford without Sims but I get tired of all the crying about that. So what. When it is all said and done the team that is on the floor should be judged. Not a team that might have won with this player or that player that couldn't play because of injury. It is part of the game. I watched Notre Dame play on the USS deck and they have improved dramatically since their first game. And the polls should reflect that this week. Should they move in front of Baylor...absolutely not. In front of UCONN... definitely. I've been a UCONN fan since Jen R. was playing and this team has the potential to win 2 or 3 N.C.'s over the next 4 years. Their biggest problem right now is Breanna Stewart. They count on her a little too much and she is just a freshman. She does some things that make me wish I could watch it over again to see if she really did it or if It was my imagination. Both on the great side and not so great. If she can handle all the pressure she will be one of the best to ever play. Sorry I got off track. Still stunned from last night's game.

I'm not "crying" about the loss to Stanford without Sims. Just making an observation than any knowledgable wbb fan recognizes, which is that the outcome would been different had she been on the floor. She is possibly the second best player in the nation. Circumstances of wins and losses do matter when assessing teams.

At this point, at full strength, Baylor is considered by most as the best team in the nation. The only thing that can change that between now and the NCAA tourney will be injuries or a loss on Feb 18.

For the record, Baylor has gotten better from last year. Pope has improved so much that she took Williams' starting position and Prince is rounding into great form and is a strong threat off the bench. So to state that Baylor couldn't go up from where they were is not an accurate statement.

Paragraph breaks are a beautiful thing.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I did not care before the game, and I do not care now. The only thing that matters is, where are you at the end of the season?
Um, I kind of like beating ND, but I guess that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom