How many season ticket holders last year/projections for this season? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

How many season ticket holders last year/projections for this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah right.

UConn_20130921_2.jpg
I count 32.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Since I did not renew I have gotten phone calls from UConn athletic department, including one from a tennis play and today I got an email from the athletic department basically begging me to re-up. Is this normal?
You'll be getting phone calls and tweets from HFD if you don't hurry up and renew. That's stage 3 of the aggressive football ticket campaign. Pray stage 4 is never mentioned.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
They have made a huge mistake
with pricing. They needed to come off hard this year.

I know they don't control the lots but $500 for parking 4 cars is pretty insane.

The State actually does control the vast majority of the lots as they now own the parking land as result of UTC's second donation circa 2009.

Reaction Score
I received an email for three game mini-packages. Any three games you want, suggests there is not significantly more demand for BYU or Boise than there is for SMU or Temple. You can get tickets in every section in the upper bowl and a 5-6 in the lower bowl. You can sense that ticket sales are likely a lot worse than we are estimating

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
It looks like it's during warmups or something judging by whats going on on the field.
Looks like the coin flip.

There are more empty seats than Michigan fans in that picture. Whoever made the Journey out to Ann Arbor knows that Michigan fans get into the stadium early, so it is not a far stretch to count those seats as UConn faithful.

They have made a huge mistake
with pricing. They needed to come off hard this year.

I know they don't control the lots but $500 for parking 4 cars is pretty insane.

Is that really a lot of money for blue passes (I can only assume)? What's the parking fee for general admission? It used to be $12 or $15/game. So let's say it's $12. You're parking somewhere down the runway for $84 over the course of the season in a lot where there is a better chance to have your tires punctured on a beer bottle, your car scratched, and/or broken into (If Gen. Adm. is $15/game that price jumps to $105 over the course of the season.).

$125/7 = $17.86. I think the extra $2.86 - $5.86 per game per car is worth it ($20-41 for the season), but that's just me...If it's not, then don't get 4 parking passes. Get two and take turns walking from the other side of the stadium.

Reaction Score
Since I did not renew I have gotten phone calls from UConn athletic department, including one from a tennis play and today I got an email from the athletic department basically begging me to re-up. Is this normal?
That's how organizations who don't have waiting lists work.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Looks like the coin flip.

There are more empty seats than Michigan fans in that picture. Whoever made the Journey out to Ann Arbor knows that Michigan fans get into the stadium early, so it is not a far stretch to count those seats as UConn faithful.

Is that really a lot of money for blue passes (I can only assume)? What's the parking fee for general admission? It used to be $12 or $15/game. So let's say it's $12. You're parking somewhere down the runway for $84 over the course of the season in a lot where there is a better chance to have your tires punctured on a beer bottle, your car scratched, and/or broken into (If Gen. Adm. is $15/game that price jumps to $105 over the course of the season.).

$125/7 = $17.86. I think the extra $2.86 - $5.86 per game per car is worth it ($20-41 for the season), but that's just me...If it's not, then don't get 4 parking passes. Get two and take turns walking from the other side of the stadium.

I meant all the parking. I think it's all the same price anyway.

UConn doesn't control it - but having a big group paying $500 is just a lot for what it really is.

2 seasons from parking > tickets.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I meant all the parking. I think it's all the same price anyway.

UConn doesn't control it - but having a big group of 8 paying $500 is just a lot for what it really is.
Then the only choices are: park on Spring Street in a non-Rent lot or less cars. We consolidate at the hotel. Never been towed, even when it was threatened.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Then the only choices are: park on Spring Street in a non-Rent lot or less cars. We consolidate at the hotel. Never been towed, even when it was threatened.

I'm not worried about me. I don't care. I just would like to see fewer barriers for people to come out.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I'm not worried about me. I don't care. I just would like to see fewer barriers for people to come out.
Noted. Point received.

Reaction Score
That's how organizations who don't have waiting lists work.

Not necessarily. A solid, well managed organization, even one that has plenty of demand for it's products, always wants to know why a customer stops buying. A good Sales Manager always worries about an epidemic of cancellations (or slow sales) being right around the corner. Knowledge related to the "why not" is as important as knowing "why yes."

In this case, you're correct. UCONN is taking another stab at the sale. Hopefully, in a few years, the "follow-up" will be UCONN's fight against complacency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom