How many season ticket holders last year/projections for this season? | The Boneyard

How many season ticket holders last year/projections for this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does anyone know how many season ticket holders UCONN had last year? What do you think would be an achievable goal for this coming season?

Reaction Score
If PP and GDL stayed I think that 54 would have been an optimistic number. With Diaco at the helm I believe the female population of season ticket holders might quadruple. I know my fiancee wants seats on the UCONN side, preferably on the bench right behind where ever Diaco might be standing.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If memory serves 23,500. 25 would be good progress.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping for 28k but will take anything over 25. We need progress unlike the dropping numbers under PP.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Are mini plans rolled into the count? I have a feeling some casual fans will come back via the mini plan. I think the message is out there: if you want out of the AAC, buy tickets.

Reaction Score
Are mini plans rolled into the count? I have a feeling some casual fans will come back via the mini plan. I think the message is out there: if you want out of the AAC, buy tickets.

why is this whole thing of "if you want out of the AAC, buy tickets" thing is starting to sound like as much of a sham as Howard Baldwin telling us if you want the NHL back, buy Wolfpack/Whale/Wolfpack tickets. And oh by the way, buy merchandise too.

Reaction Score
I would sincerely hope a near complete overhaul of the coaching staff would attract interest in more than 1500 people.

Reaction Score
new coach, new attitude, mediocre schedule. Your season ticket number was boosted last year because of a good home slate. So take into account the people who don't renew based on last year/this schedule look, plus the people energized by a new coach, and voila, your season ticket base is exactly the same as last year

Dooley

Reaction Score
Maybe a B1G announcement in the next 60 days will spark a few thousand more packages to be sold to reserve a seat for a better future schedule.

My guess is that we will come in around 24k. Slight increase from last year thanks from the CR effect. Marketing should really go hard after young alumni.

Reaction Score
Maybe a B1G announcement in the next 60 days will spark a few thousand more packages to be sold to reserve a seat for a better future schedule.

My guess is that we will come in around 24k. Slight increase from last year thanks from the CR effect. Marketing should really go hard after young alumni.
Seriously, young alumni really have no excuse to not spend 120 bucks for 7 FBS college football games.

Reaction Score
Gotcha I just know a LOT of people aren't in CT anymore on top of having crazy schedules and making very little i.e. graduate school. Those of us staying in CT don't have much an excuse, but then, what if their friends with whom they used to attend are now out of state and not buying? Kinda takes away from the experience imo. Just one other thing that comes to mind playing devil's advocate.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Call me crazy, but I think this is a pretty attractive home schedule given where we are now.

BYU, Boise State, UCF, Cincinnati is pretty solid.

Next season could be pretty brutal with to date only Villanova and Army on board.

Reaction Score
Gotcha I just know a LOT of people aren't in CT anymore on top of having crazy schedules and making very little i.e. graduate school. Those of us staying in CT don't have much an excuse, but then, what if their friends with whom they used to attend are now out of state and not buying? Kinda takes away from the experience imo. Just one other thing that comes to mind playing devil's advocate.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I'm certain that people will still find enough of their UCONN friends to go out in Hartford/New Haven/South Norwalk/etc on any given Th/F/Sa night. What most of us are saying is that it is a VERY good value and we really need the help. And if our young alumni are going to make excuses why not to go, they better not be the first ones complaining when they are 30 and we are still stuck in a dog(*&t conference.

BTW - we are all there tailgating every week. Who needs to bring friends?

When the stadium opened I went with my wife and kids most of the time. Then my sister started coming, and her in-laws had tickets. Then my wife and younger son stopped coming, but then it turns out that I met people in the UCONN NYC Alumni chapter that went to games. So I started joining their tailgate. Now I have a new family to hang out with. Anyone that shows up and wants to have fun will be welcomed with open arms by complete strangers. Show up with a 12 pack and people will invite you in and give you food. It is really that simple.

The reality is that nearly every UCONN alum knows probably 20 or 30 people at each game. They just don't all realize they are there. Reach out and connect. You are never alone at the Rent.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
They don't have crazy schedules until they get married and have a couple of kids. Everything before that is cake. 60+ hour workweeks along with the gym, postgrad college and going out on weekends and some weekdays - nothing compares.

It's a great opportunity for the kids who left CT for Boston/NE and NYC to head back to see friends, enjoy some good football and get away from things for a day. The cost is about what they in a month or two for a mobile device contract.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Call me crazy, but I think this is a pretty attractive home schedule given where we are now.

BYU, Boise State, UCF, Cincinnati is pretty solid.

Next season could be pretty brutal with to date only Villanova and Army on board.

Completely agree. It's a very good home schedule. Next year will be rough.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I'm certain that people will still find enough of their UCONN friends to go out in Hartford/New Haven/South Norwalk/etc on any given Th/F/Sa night. What most of us are saying is that it is a VERY good value and we really need the help. And if our young alumni are going to make excuses why not to go, they better not be the first ones complaining when they are 30 and we are still stuck in a dog( &t conference.

BTW - we are all there tailgating every week. Who needs to bring friends?

When the stadium opened I went with my wife and kids most of the time. Then my sister started coming, and her in-laws had tickets. Then my wife and younger son stopped coming, but then it turns out that I met people in the UCONN NYC Alumni chapter that went to games. So I started joining their tailgate. Now I have a new family to hang out with. Anyone that shows up and wants to have fun will be welcomed with open arms by complete strangers. Show up with a 12 pack and people will invite you in and give you food. It is really that simple.

The reality is that nearly every UCONN alum knows probably 20 or 30 people at each game. They just don't all realize they are there. Reach out and connect. You are never alone at the Rent.
J187 do you live in the NYC area (Ffld Cnty included)?

Reaction Score
I guess I'm just thinking of this too narrowly from my perspective. Because my work week is already around 50 hours, fairly variable, and I have no car and no real income. A lot of people I know also work weekends

edit best believe once I'm done with school if I'm in New England I'll be going

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There will always be some population who really can't afford tickets and parking.

There are some people who work Saturdays and either can't or won't do anything about it.

The vast majority have the means and the time, they just don't choose to go. I have no idea what could be a better way to spend a fall Saturday but I'm old and am probably missing out on apple picking or zombie runs.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
There will always be some population who really can't afford tickets and parking.

There are some people who work Saturdays and either can't or won't do anything about it.

The vast majority have the means and the time, they just don't choose to go. I have no idea what could be a better way to spend a fall Saturday but I'm old and am probably missing out on apple picking or zombie runs.

All the choices for the consumer entrainment dollar in the greater Hartford area!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek