OT: - How Many Minutes of Your Life Will You Lose to Hot Dogs? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: How Many Minutes of Your Life Will You Lose to Hot Dogs?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
None. Yuck. I stopped eating hotdogs years ago. Got my fill working at Weinersnitzel in my youth
My late mother thought Weinersnitzel was a "fine German restaurant" when we moved west (didn't have them in NJ). Our GPS search feature thought the same.

Haven't had a hot dog in some years, but every few years will have one. Won't kill me.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
As I moved up the age ladder I am reminded of a phrase I heard or read at one time, can't remember which. Living is hazardous to your health.

So I work on eating things in moderation. I still eat pasta with a good sauce, bread, hot dogs on the grill with chopped red onions and spicy mustard, crackers and cheese, pizza and the like. And I have a few bourbons a week.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Hebrew National reduced fat franks may be a good buy for you if you need your hot dog fix. There are only 45 calories per frank with no added nitrates other than what is naturally occurring in the added sea and celery salt. Of course there is 500 mg of sodium. Hey! They are hot dogs! The beef is Kosher. Lower calories may mean more potato starch filler. But they taste great with yellow mustard and chopped sweet onion.
1630327188733.png

They have been such a staple at ball games and cookouts this latest study must have a lot people doing the math in their head.

Reaction Score
As a result of this informative thread and under the theory that a balanced diet is the gateway to longevity, I have decided to shift some of my hotdog minutes over to the Kielbasa and Pepperoni column.
Can’t be too careful...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Before you get your knickers in a bunch over this....

"I wouldn't get too worried about eating a hot dog from this," Jolliet said. "Basically, we were trying to show how you can improve your lifestyle and the environment without necessarily trying to be vegan."

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
My statistical analysis chops are unfortunately inadequate for the task and the variables elude me.
All these articles are just fun with numbers anyway. Al Michaels insists he's never eaten a vegetable and he's 76.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I had two hot dogs (Hebrew National) left in the refrigerator yesterday ready to cook... And then I saw this thread and was like.. I don't wanna lose an hour off my life tonight. So instead of hot dogs.. I went to Wendy's and got a 1/2 pound burger topped with cheese and bacon (no vegatables) with fries and a Dr Pepper.

Reaction Score
Hebrew National reduced fat franks may be a good buy for you if you need your hot dog fix. There are only 45 calories per frank with no added nitrates other than what is naturally occurring in the added sea and celery salt. Of course there is 500 mg of sodium. Hey! They are hot dogs! The beef is Kosher. Lower calories may mean more potato starch filler. But they taste great with yellow mustard and chopped sweet onion.
View attachment 69520
Hebrew National makes good franks, but I don't buy them because traditionally they only put 7 franks in a package, and buns come 8 to a pack. So, in order to come out even, you would need to eat 56 of their franks. At 36 minutes a hot dog, that comes to almost a day and a half of your life to go Kosher.

Reaction Score
I had two hot dogs (Hebrew National) left in the refrigerator yesterday ready to cook... And then I saw this thread and was like.. I don't wanna lose an hour off my life tonight. So instead of hot dogs.. I went to Wendy's and got a 1/2 pound burger topped with cheese and bacon (no vegatables) with fries and a Dr Pepper.
Sounds like a fair trade off to me.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
as previously mentioned, we were in stop and steal the saturday of henry
(still can't figger out that 'babefest' dynamic mentioned by many others here). people scurrying aboot, scarfing up every package of chips or pepsi, and not a seemingly untouched pile of aboot a 100 packages of hn 'jumbo beef franks,' 4 to the pack, and all yellow tagged for discount, around $2 each. jackpot!
mg asks 'i wonder why no one seems to be buying these? they're hotdogs, impervious to nuclear war.'
i said sumthin like 'less talky, more grabby, who cares what their issues are?,' immediately followed by a move to the veg isle to get cans of steve and ed's vegetarian baked beans, our favorite. to review:
1. hummels red hots
2. hn jumbo beef franks
3. any other kind, including those sketchy ones where they mash all kinds of stuff together, and then they wave it at a cow to get the beef part in there. that's when fixins step up to do their job.
tasty.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Hebrew National makes good franks, but I don't buy them because traditionally they only put 7 franks in a package, and buns come 8 to a pack. So, in order to come out even, you would need to eat 56 of their franks. At 36 minutes a hot dog, that comes to almost a day and a half of your life to go Kosher.
Hebrew National 97% FAT FREE BEEF FRANKS come 6 to a pack. So you would need to get 4 packs of franks and 3 packs of buns for a total of 24 of each. No problem! ;):rolleyes:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Hebrew National 97% FAT FREE BEEF FRANKS come 6 to a pack. So you would need to get 4 packs of franks and 3 packs of buns for a total of 24 of each. No problem! ;):rolleyes:
Easy solution. Buy 2 packs of the Hebrew National 1/4 pound dogs - 4 in a pack, and 1 package of rolls.

Reaction Score

Easy solution. Buy 2 packs of the Hebrew National 1/4 pound dogs - 4 in a pack, and 1 package of rolls.
Actually, I just buy them from my butcher. He sells buns from a local baker as well. Perhaps they will take 72 minutes off my life, or maybe only 18. Don't know, don't care. It's not like I have a game clock to keep track of minutes left. God has already given me more minutes than I probably deserve.

Thanks for the info though. If I'm road tripping and feel the need for a dog, I can always buy a four pack, have dinner for two nights and choke a few pigeons with the leftover buns.

Reaction Score
Actually, I just buy them from my butcher. He sells buns from a local baker as well. Perhaps they will take 72 minutes off my life, or maybe only 18. Don't know, don't care. It's not like I have a game clock to keep track of minutes left. God has already given me more minutes than I probably deserve.

Thanks for the info though. If I'm road tripping and feel the need for a dog, I can always buy a four pack, have dinner for two nights and choke a few pigeons with the leftover buns.
HaHaHaHaHa

Reaction Score

Guess you’re having Squab on night 3?
Great plan!

Reaction Score
Guess you’re having Squab on night 3?
Great plan!
Well actually, yes.

Mmmm, yummy nums. But please keep this quiet and between just the two of us (I know, too late now). Once the "elites" discover that we, the unwashed, are on to their gourmet games and able to harvest a squab without the help of a five star chef, they will squash the squab and the market value will plummet. I do so enjoy a meal for free, especially with a campfire and a full moon for company. And to think, these were once considered to be New York City road kill.

Bon appetit.

Reaction Score
Welp. Chalk it up to an early departure because I love a good hot dog from any sporting event, camping, or just chilling at the house. Oh chili chesse dogs are my favorite!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom