OT: - How Many Minutes of Your Life Will You Lose to Hot Dogs? | The Boneyard

OT: How Many Minutes of Your Life Will You Lose to Hot Dogs?

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
As a kid I'm sure there were lots of things I didn't like but the three that stand out were coconut, pineapple and hotdogs. I'm ok with hotdogs and pineapple now but coconut still gives me the gags. I rarely eat hotdogs but when I do they are good eating.

Reaction Score
I had a High School buddy who went to a hot dog factory one day......when he came back he told us in a very somber and serious voice he would never, ever, eat a hot dog again in his lifetime.

Reaction Score
I like Costco's all beef hotdog plus 20 oz soft drink for $1.50.

1630256338952.png

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Many years ago, when I grew up in Stratford, CT, on the road between the airport and Short Beach, there were 3 food joints: Prussens, Marazzis and the Cricket. They all served long dogs, burgers, fries and soft ice cream. Visiting one of the three was an absolute must after a day at the beach or a little league game.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I love hot dogs, but I do not eat them too often anymore. There have been many 36 minute spans in my lifetime that I would have gladly traded away for a hot dog. Guess it does not work that way though. For too many the 36 minute increments at the end are not good ones, so I will have no regrets.

Reaction Score
OMG!! I hope my BY friends elect not to take this stuff too seriously.
Here’s a great quck lunch:
Heat up a hot dog or three (Hummel’s are my favorite as well). Open some nice brioche hd buns. Slather on some chili sauce…yep, the stuff that looks like catsup. Add the heated up dog(s). Lay some sliced cheddar over it all. Place the concoction on some foil in a pan and pop under the broiler. Let cheese melt fully and allow the edges of the bun to toast a bit. Time to eat and enjoy. Even my wife, constitutionally much more likely than I to heed the finger wagging warnings of the food police, cannot resist. If you’re kissing away a half hour of your life in the process, you’ll consider it a fair bargain!!!

Reaction Score
We don't normally eat hot dogs, but we had cravings for them for more than a week now. I bought more this morning, Kayem Skinless at the deli. I darken them on the grill. Then I butterfly mine, and darken it on the inside, then flip it over. Then I pour a bead of mustard down the middle and spread out a handful of shredded mozzarella and let it melt until it bubbles. Its well worth 36 minutes.

Reaction Score
As a kid I'm sure there were lots of things I didn't like but the three that stand out were coconut, pineapple and hotdogs. I'm ok with hotdogs and pineapple now but coconut still gives me the gags. I rarely eat hotdogs but when I do they are good eating.
Shouldn't mix them!

Reaction Score
In the winter on Saturdays it’s hot dogs and beans and in the summer on Saturdays it’s grilled dogs and grilled buns. I can’t believe I’m still alive to post this!

Reaction Score
I prefer brats which are probably as bad but at least they have a flavor. To me hotdogs are all about condiments. My favorite is Blackies hot pepper relish.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I don't eat a lot of hot dogs anymore, but all this talk has me craving one (or two) garnished with heaps of good mustard and warm sauerkraut...(NY street vendor style).

I must eat plenty of stuff I shouldn't but I keep my weight down and exercise and do outdoor stuff and hardly ever worry about a thing (a la Alfred E...).

I have to compile a chart for how many hot dogs you can eat (safely) with positive lifestyle attributes...

My statistical analysis chops are unfortunately inadequate for the task and the variables elude me.
:)

Reaction Score
If I shaved minutes off my life for everything that everyone has said would be bad for me, I'd have been dead 35 years ago. If I had followed all of that advice, I would have had a very unhappy life, which I suspect is what many of those "everyones" has had.

I would much rather pass on suddenly with a smile on my face than hang on miserably clawing for another minute.

So, yes please, a hot dog in a regular bun, with mustard. That's all, and thank you very much.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom