How many minutes does Bradley get? | The Boneyard

How many minutes does Bradley get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wolf has gotten almost none. Will Bradley get any? He deserves some payback for letting Drummond on the squad. Or does he?

Reaction Score
It all depends on how he does in practice. He's a very good shooting big man at least in practice. If he can translate that to games and play good defense, he should snag a couple minutes here and there. At this point though, who really knows. I'm rooting for the guy though.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
It will be tough. The lineup is pretty crowded. I think he would have to be showing 1)more than Wolf and 2)enough to take some time from someone else, absent foul problems. But I'd think the sentiment is certainly there to give him a shot. I guess we will see soon enough.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I think his second minute will be contingent on how well he does with his first minute. And so on.

Reaction Score
Who knows. He has never set foot on the court so I can't even speculate where he stands in the pecking order vis-a-vis Wolf. If he is behind Wolf he may get out there with the walk-ons for mop-up time. If he is ahead of Wolf it probably won't be a whole lot more. We've got AO, AD, TO and RS to cover the minutes at 4/5. That just doesn't leave a lot. I don't think his sacrificial act earns him any time.

Reaction Score
I am pretty sure he is in front of Wolf from what I have heard- not that it will help him get minutes- it means that Wolf may get less if that is even possible.

Reaction Score
I agree that his minutes will be dictated by need , both physical and situational. What he did was gracious, but JC plays to win not satisfy anyone.

Reaction Score
Depends on how big our lead is against Fairfield. If we're up 30 he could get 1 or 1:30. Look for similar amounts if we get other huge leads.

Reaction Score
Has there been any reports as to how he's feeling and practicing?

As honorable he was in giving up his ship to AD, he's not going to play until he's ready to contribute and the projected contribution of him on the court is as good or better than the person he replaces. In other words, justification of putting him in the game over any combination of 2 of the following: AD, TO, AO and RS. As it is JC has his hands full carving up the minutes between those 4.

I can see a case where either a combination of foul trouble and poor play from 2 of those 4 could open an opportunity for Bradly. There's a clear catch-22 to that. I don't want to see any of the 4 in foul trouble or playing poorly. I would love to see Michael develop quickly and make a strong case for PT. But with just 2 mid-majors left and Bradley having to work his way back to where he was before he injured his leg, the outlook would seem grim. Once we get by these next two games, his only audition options, apart from practice, are scrub time at the end of games which is not conducive for showcasing what a player can do or being thrown into a highly competitive situation where the leash will be wiener-dog short.

Don't get me wrong. I would love to see MB contribute this season, but even more importantly, get some developmental PT in preparation for next season. I felt he had his work cut out for him day one when he was healthy and had about 8 to 10 games where the pre-tip outcome was really not in doubt. I hope he surprises us all and carves something out for him at some point in the season.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Up to the coach to win games and portion minutes accordingly. Up to the fans to make MB feel appreciated.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
From everything I know about Bradley, which admittedly isn't a whole lot, he kind of seems like the anti-Dove. Very hard-working, self-sacrificing, and academically inclined. I think some of those traits, coupled with reportedly a good shooting stroke could get him a bit of consideration from the staff.

Reaction Score
i think hes going to fill in really well at the pf spot...hes got a nice shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member