How many games are you planning on attending this season? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How many games are you planning on attending this season?

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Have Gampel and XL season tix, plus Mohegan Sun for Oklahoma Dec. 19.

Also have tix for Albany - Farney, best post of the year for alerting us about that - will get tix for first two rounds in Storrs as well and at least the finals of the AAC Tourney.

Will miss a few in February, though, away. Also missing Cal on November 17 - after much deliberation, decided I better go to my son`s wedding. ;)

Reaction Score
I've never seen a UConn game in person, though I've been a fan for 20 years. It's a long way to Hartford, and longer to Storrs. Storrs is as far from us in western Fairfield County as is Philadelphia.

I watch on the tube, but I try never to miss a televised game.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
That's a lot of attending Triad!

It should be a fun team to watch.... a good home slate .... and for the most part.... the good games are on Thursday's and Sundays... which works good for my schedule. Probably cheaper to buy season tickets.... I'll see.

Glad to see you aren't overly bitter about Calhoun transferring! ;)

Just messing...... Im not planning on booing #4 for Ohio State .... really can't envision booing a student-athlete...... however I might roll my eyes every now and then :rolleyes:

:p

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Now that the schedules are out for all schools..... how many games are you planning on attending this season?

As for me.. must see games.....

Blue/White Scrimmage ... first chance to see all the new players in action

Alaska-Anchorage (exhibition) .... first chance to see team play another team

Ohio State .. the Lexie Brown-Kelsey Mitchell head to head matchup should be a good one.... plus the chance to boo Sierra Calhoun in person :cool:

@South Carolina ... The closest Del Taco is in Columbia..... and if Im gonna drive 3.5 hours for some Carne Asada French Fries. minus well take in a WCBB game as well :p

NC State ..... we owe them for the past 2 seasons... plus should be a great crowd

@ Wake Forest ..... 5 dollar tickets+30 minutes from home+nice arena with comfortable seats+favorite fried chicken joint is 5 minutes from the arena :)

Ga Tech . NCAA caliber team

Notre Dame .. Coach Ivey in person :cool::p:D;):):cool::p:D:D:D

UNC .... Senior Night ..... always good to skin some heels :mad:

ACC Tourney . Quarterfinals, Semifinals, and Final (regardless of who is playing)

Probable/Possible

Oregon State
Wyoming
UVA

Georgia @ NC A&T

Middle Tennessee at Charlotte.

Alas, I never have witnessed a UConn women's basketball game in person and my unfortunate streak is apt to endure through this season.

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
Countdown To Columbus, @Nevada, @Depaul (win #999 perhaps?) and possibly @UCF.
Capped off with a (hopefully) return to Columbus. :)

Reaction Score
Now that the schedules are out for all schools..... how many games are you planning on attending this season?

Ohio State .. the Lexie Brown-Kelsey Mitchell head to head matchup should be a good one.... plus the chance to boo Sierra Calhoun in person :cool:

@South Carolina ... The closest Del Taco is in Columbia..... and if Im gonna drive 3.5 hours for some Carne Asada French Fries. minus well take in a WCBB game as well :p

NC State ..... we owe them for the past 2 seasons... plus should be a great crowd

@ Wake Forest ..... 5 dollar tickets+30 minutes from home+nice arena with comfortable seats+favorite fried chicken joint is 5 minutes from the arena :)

ACC Tourney . Quarterfinals, Semifinals, and Final (regardless of who is playing)

Probable/Possible

Oregon State
Wyoming
UVA

Georgia @ NC A&T

I take Lexie over Mitchell any day! Should be a great game!

Reaction Score
AAC tournament at the Mohegan Sun. Games at Gampel just aren't worth it anymore. I really miss the Providence and Holy Cross away games.
Remember when Providence was the Queen of the Big East.

Reaction Score
How hard is it to get AAC tournament tickets at the Mohegan Sun? The wife and I would like to make the trip up and make a weekend of it.
On sale now through ticketmaster. Upper level is much cheaper and the view is fine.

Reaction Score
I'm now realizing I may not be able to get by with just the two Florida games. I'm looking at how difficult it would be to drive from my home in Fort Pierce to Greenville for the ECU game and/or New Orleans for the Tulane game. Google maps says it's 10 or so hours to Greenville and 11 or so to N.O. Sigh. We shall see.

Addiction is a horrible thing, isn't it?

Reaction Score

Probable/Possible

Oregon State
Wyoming
UVA

Georgia @ NC A&T

You guys have a very nice schedule this season. The OSU/Duke game should be very fun to watch.

Maryland is in a down year even though we have 4 McDonalds All Americans on the squad. I will watch the first three games (two exhibitions and the season opener). I will watch Elena Christinaki first Big Ten game against Illinois in December and that will it for me. We have the big game at home against South Carolina but I will stay home for that. Ditto for Ohio State.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
This will finally be the year I get to watch a UConn game in person, when the Huskies visit UCLA on November 21. I can't wait.

Since I live fairly close to the UCLA campus, I'm planning to be in Pauley Pavilion for the following games as well:
  • Baylor on Nov. 18
  • Oregon on Jan. 7
  • Stanford on Jan. 21
If UCLA ever had a year to win the Pac-12 and make the Final Four, this would be it. Canada and Billings are both seniors, and they lost only one starter to graduation. The one big question mark is three-point shooting, since they graduated their two best long-range shooters (Korver and Kornet).

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I'm now realizing I may not be able to get by with just the two Florida games. I'm looking at how difficult it would be to drive from my home in Fort Pierce to Greenville for the ECU game and/or New Orleans for the Tulane game. Google maps says it's 10 or so hours to Greenville and 11 or so to N.O. Sigh. We shall see.

Addiction is a horrible thing, isn't it?

Columbia is closer to you than Greenville or New Orleans.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
You guys have a very nice schedule this season. The OSU/Duke game should be very fun to watch.

Maryland is in a down year even though we have 4 McDonalds All Americans on the squad. I will watch the first three games (two exhibitions and the season opener). I will watch Elena Christinaki first Big Ten game against Illinois in December and that will it for me. We have the big game at home against South Carolina but I will stay home for that. Ditto for Ohio State.

I thought about driving up for the USC/Maryland game, since I have several Maryland grads in my family, but I have another trip later that week.

Reaction Score
Columbia is closer to you than Greenville or New Orleans.
Yeah, but I hear that getting tickets will be impossible. We'd go to that game in a heartbeat if we could get tickets.

Reaction Score
Looking forward to seeing them play DePaul on DEC 08th at the new Wintrust Arena in Chicago. DePaul has wonderful fans and the games are fun to watch.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I've never seen a UConn game in person, though I've been a fan for 20 years. It's a long way to Hartford, and longer to Storrs. Storrs is as far from us in western Fairfield County as is Philadelphia.

I watch on the tube, but I try never to miss a televised game.
Next time the Huskies play in Bridgeport take the train over.
The station is walking distance to the arena, a very nice venue.

I'll be at the XL games, at the Albany Regionals, and maybe the Michigan State game in Portland OR. The UConn boys are also out in OR for a tourney at the same time and we'll be in OR to visit family for Thanksgiving.

I might go to Gampel for one or two games, we'll see.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Yeah, but I hear that getting tickets will be impossible. We'd go to that game in a heartbeat if we could get tickets.

You'll be able to get tickets. It will sell out, but you'll be able to get tickets from StubHub or in front of the arena before the game. I don't think tickets are available to the general public yet, but there won't be a ton.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
@cockhrnleghrn

Are tickets available for the Duke game in Columbia? Reserved or General Admission?

I don't think tickets are on sale to the general public yet as they're still selling season tickets. With it being in December, it likely won't sell out.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
For some reason.... The Duke game in Columbia starts at Noon Head bangHead bangHead bangHead bang

@cockhrnleghrn @SCspur @SCGamecock whats up with that Head bangHead bang

That means I would have to leave the house no later than 7:30 am...... and that's an early start for a Sunday..... that wont help attendance any. I want a full or nearly full house packed with Chicken Fans..... just to see them mosey on out of Colonial Life looking like this

sad gamecock.jpg

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
For some reason.... The Duke game in Columbia starts at Noon Head bangHead bangHead bangHead bang

@cockhrnleghrn @SCspur @SCGamecock whats up with that Head bangHead bang

That means I would have to leave the house no later than 7:30 am. and that's an early start for a Sunday..... that wont help attendance any. I want a full or nearly full house packed with Chicken Fans..... just to see them mosey on out of Colonial Life looking like this

View attachment 25574

You could come down the night before and go clubbing in the Vista and then get up and walk to the game.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
My modified list:

At UCLA

Possibly Senior Night for Gabby and Kia.

Albany Regional (hope the Huskies make it)

Final Four (sure hope the Huskies make it)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom